X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ruffneckx1 View Post
    TiredIronGRB..did you spray or brush it on ?
    If sprayed what did you thin it with ?

Woody

I brush but I use really good brushes and I do thin just a little with water.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• OK. THX for the info.

Woody

Comment

• My P 38 is in route right now. I will have it today. I am watching for the UPS truck. Out for delivery :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
          My P 38 is in route right now. I will have it today. I am watching for the UPS truck :p
          Same here. I am kinda surprised that the folks that got them midweek, haven't posted a maiden review nor video yet... :huh:
          I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
          ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

• Aros, how did you do that? I love it:D

Comment

• all went well with my p-38 assembly. i followed the manual and the video, i did NOT unplug 1 red esc wire, and my model powered up just like the one in the video and everything works great. my only complaint is that the tape used on the bottoms of the wings comes off and curls up but a little glue and that will be fine.
              Awesome model Motion guys!!! maybe i will have a flight video next week when we have weather for flying.
              AKA meltor

Comment

• Originally posted by FLTRI View Post

Same here. I am kinda surprised that the folks that got them midweek, haven't posted a maiden review nor video yet... :huh:
                Snow...hail...rain...wind..work = no maiden review or video yet. But I'm working on it!!!
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

Snow...hail...rain...wind..work = no maiden review or video yet. But I'm working on it!!!
                  Yeah, the work part is what gets most in the way for me, leaving a crap shoot for weekend weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Nice peek Lon.....LOL. Am so envious of you having that twin in your mitts by using that winning gift cert. Am still anxiously awaiting a shipment notice on the Sea Fury I selected for my first prize win.
                    I think the Sea Fury was a good choice. Yes, the 2nd place gift cert. has gone to a good cause!
                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                      A man after my own heart, putting screens inside the cowls! That is what I did to my Legend Models P-38 and was planning on doing the same with this one. Nice detail work! Bravo.

And yes do the radiator intakes too! Don't short change me now! LOL
                      Nice job on the details and the paint. I knew I shouldn't have looked at this forum. I want one now.

Comment

• Here's one everyone can relate to.

Mine showed "out for delivery" this morning. Now it shows "Delivery has been rescheduled due to holiday closures. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day" I've been home all day and watched UPS along with FedEx drive by my house all day...................................

Oh Well.

Mike
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Pheonix...I just cut and pasted an animated gif off the web. You can right mouse click any image online, select "Copy image" and then paste (Ctrl + V) in the post body and shazam!

Mike, oh that really blows...Sorry man.

I'll have mine ready for maiden tomorrow. My flying buddy who normally takes ground footage of my flights will be out of town this weekend so I will just have onboard video. I'll post sometime tomorrow afternoon.
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                            Pheonix...I just cut and pasted an animated gif off the web. You can right mouse click any image online, select "Copy image" and then paste (Ctrl + V) in the post body and shazam!

Mike, oh that really blows...Sorry man.

I'll have mine ready for maiden tomorrow. My flying buddy who normally takes ground footage of my flights will be out of town this weekend so I will just have onboard video. I'll post sometime tomorrow afternoon.
                            No worries thought it was pretty funny. I have tons of stuff to work on.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• You are sure taking it better than I would have. I would have blown a fuse, lol...
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• The build begins! UPS guy tried to diss me by putting a package at my door that belong to a lady up the street (it was clothing) instead of giving me my big box. But I set him straight. A few minor issues in the finish (I'll discuss and post pics later), but still happy to have her!
                                Pat

Comment

• Mine said out for delivery at 0430 this morning. I am still waiting. This guy must have a busy schedule delivering P-38 today. Oh, well I will just have to wait.

Comment

• He's probably doing the same thing I've done in the past. I get Ace Hardware to color match it and get a sample can mixed to the match. Dilute with water or some guys have used IPA so it dries faster I guess. Personally, I borrow the wife's hair dryer. If you are painting to get it to look weathered, go very thin and layer up, if you are covering an area with a different color, the consistency of milk is what I usually use to start.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• got 2 Zippy Com 3300s in it now, so far shes balancing with them just under a 1/2" from the nose..still need to try it while cycling the gear...comin up!
                                      www.TSHobbies.com
                                      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Almost done...What's everybody using as the CG? I have 2.56" as the 2-9/16 translation and it's fairly tail heavy. Anyone needing to add weight? I have two Admiral 4S 3000's sitting about 1" back from the front wall so the canopy will close. Just wondering if I have the CG correct?

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• thats where I had mine set..the 65mm.. which once I had the balance close ,if I touched the model on the nose,it would want to drop nose down...set it back to level and touched the tail..it would want to fall tail down..so I kept pulling the lipos slightly forward until when touching the tail,it wouldnt fall..it would just basically sit there without falling. I say all that,because while trying to find the balance..I could tell..its going to have to be perfect..or more nose heavy.
                                          www.TSHobbies.com
                                          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Working...
                                          X