X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bajora,
    Nice pic, you definitely have some skills there!!

Comment

• A bit off topic but Jon, please share your setup...I'm sure there are some aspiring photographers among us that would be interested to hear what camera you use, etc...They really are fantastic shots.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
        Steaming this way in large numbers, somewhere out in the middle of the Pacific ocean ...

Maaaaaaaaaannnnn. That's a beautiful pic. I'll have one in large poster size, with the black frame on the glass thanks. Awesome photo mate. Filter on the lens or photoshop for the colours? Looks amazing.

"Somewhere ahead, an unsuspecting Betty bomber carrying admiral Yamamoto is not going to know what hit it.... To be contd". ((thought I'd continue the story lol))

Comment

• I'll jump on board, I'm officially a Bajora Photo Fan!!
          Not to detract from the topic , but the B17 on the previous page, any idea of when V2 will be available? I'd like to see what they do to improve this bird. She needs scale L/G and a retractable tail wheel for sure. As I sit here typing, it dawns on me, this would be a great project for Flightline to take on. We've had '909' fly over Cody and there is nothing in the world like seeing a real B17 fly. The theme from 12 o'clock High sings in my head!!
          Sorry guys, had to get it out. I just look at the incredible quality they put into the P38 and hope that some day someone will do the same for the Big Gas Bird.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Here's a two fun photos of Pilot Evelyn with a couple of cool planes.....great day in Southern California!

Comment

• Nice... Bit unfair play though by placing the green one a bit closer to the camera so it looks bigger. But I'm still going silver despite your subliminal messaging tricks. ;)

Comment

• Shirty-You're on to me mate! :)

Comment

• Cool photos Tony! Symmetry and a pretty young lady...what's not to love about the composition?! :)

Comment

• great pic, what awesome looking machines , beautiful
                    any details or close ups of the foil work on the silver Alpha ?
                    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Thanks Jon! Alpha came up with the idea and it was fun to shoot. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                        great pic, what awesome looking machines , beautiful
                        Thanks Frankenjet!

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                          Here's a two fun photos of Pilot Evelyn with a couple of cool planes.....great day in Southern California!
                          ​Xplaneguy - studying the photo and looking at the silver airframe.....it looks as if the left side boom and nacelle have some metallic shine sections to them.....is this just some light refraction going on or - is there some paint experimentation?

Thanks for the photo's and info

TwistedGrin

Comment

• TG, click on the picture and you'll see his caption for those photos:
                            "RC Pilot Evelyn holding the FlightLine P38s. Note bare-metal foil was applied to the silver Lightning by Alpha."

My production sample of Allied Silver wasn't fully painted, so I've been finishing it in "all out" scale detail. Aluminum sheeting, Robart wheels, antenna wires, airbrushed weathering, etc. It's still a work in progress but I ultimately want to show the full potential of this model's scale factor.
                            Last edited by Alpha; Feb 22, 2016, 05:28 PM.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                              TG, click on the picture and you'll see his caption for those photos: "RC Pilot Evelyn holding the Flightline RC P-38s. Note-Bare metal foil was applied to the silver Lightning by Alpha
                              ​Duhhh - LOL yep I noticed the notes now.....can't see the forest for the trees thing!!

TwistedGrin

Comment

• Metal foil eh? I found some metal foil duct tape that looks great, is that what you're using? Anyway, makes it really stand out.
                                Good job Alpha, I'm sure the boys are drooling!!

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey guys, these machines are simply beautiful!
                                  I've noticed that there are 26 pages to this thread now, I'm really impressed at the reaction to this airplane, simply outstanding!
                                  But I'm curious as to why everyone loves this plane, so tell me what you like in particular, maybe we can get a heads up to Motion R/C as to what we would like to see in future kits

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• A new plane arrived today and another one tomorrow. I'm going to have to crash a couple just to make room for this one when it gets here.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	P38M_01.jpg
Views:	986
Size:	639.7 KB
ID:	31644 Click image for larger version

Name:	P38M_02.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	31645 Click image for larger version

Name:	Moon Dream - P38 Night Fighter.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	31646 I'm seriously thinking doing mine as a Night Fighter.
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	P-38M-Night-Fighter-Nose-1S.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	779.6 KB
ID:	31640
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                        Nice... Bit unfair play though by placing the green one a bit closer to the camera so it looks bigger. But I'm still going silver despite your subliminal messaging tricks. ;)
                                        Why do I get the feeling Shirty is going to start a Silver vs Green P38 rivalry, similar to the P51 Blue nose vs Red Tail? LOL

Comment

• Didn't you know that Shirty means Drama Queen! We leave him to his own devices on here. ;) Did you notice how I didn't respond to his comment?....just sayin! :D

Comment

Working...
                                          X