Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update for all of us waiting for our P-38s: With fingers crossed and hopeful that U.S. Customs is kind, we're anticipating an arrival in two weeks, on schedule with the "Mid-March" ETA on the website. If any of you know anyone at the sea port or the railroad, now's the time to send them some girl scout cookies and a favor to ask!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• An arrival where to MRC warehouse or the port?
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• thats just the silver ones right? or is it both?
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure the green ones are being delivered first
          rc flyin addict

Comment

• The ETA is to our Illinois shipping facility. Silver container is/was first, but currently it appears they're both neck and neck. Again, these are ETAs, with an emphasis on E. But so far they're looking to be right on time as projected.

Comment

My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• So stoked I managed to get one of the (last?) Silver ones on pre-order. Can't wait to get this beauty in hand!
                Pat

Comment

• Hi Pat, I'm glad you got one of the last 50 or so, just in time you were cutting it close! I hope to fly formation with yours in April at Apollo. Along with Tony's, and Roy's, and Greg's, etc, etc

Comment

• Alpha-Speaking of formation, any chance you'll have both Lightnings at the field on Saturday? I can bring an extra receiver and Evelyn could film it.

Comment

• And speaking of the last 50 or so, can you tell us how many of each color you had for preorder? I'm really curious how many have sold...
                      I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                      ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

• FLTRI, we don't disclose quantities, for certain competitive reasons. But suffice to say, it was a LOT! We're grateful for the support of each person who is a part of the P-38's early success and we're hopeful the good word continues to spread in the coming weeks, months, and years. Each of you are contributing to making my job a lot easier when I try to convince manufacturers to take chances with new, daring releases.

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                          Alpha-Speaking of formation, any chance you'll have both Lightnings at the field on Saturday? I can bring an extra receiver and Evelyn could film it.

I'm coordinating with Bajora tomorrow morning. If it turns out we're not meeting at Crow's Landing, then he'll be coming down to our neck of the woods on Friday and Saturday. It will be either Apollo, or Castaic, I'll let you know either way. Three P-38s, so yes bring an extra receiver! Evelyn will have a field day with formations galore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                            FLTRI, we don't disclose quantities, for certain competitive reasons. But suffice to say, it was a LOT! We're grateful for the support of each person who is a part of the P-38's early success and we're hopeful the good word continues to spread in the coming weeks, months, and years. Each of you are contributing to making my job a lot easier when I try to convince manufacturers to take chances with new, daring releases.
                            Fair enough. Congrats on the sold out pre-sale, and continued success with new and interesting models!
                            I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

Comment

• congrats again on the great run and your development of this sweet plane Alpha, maybe you can convince someone on a run of these ? :D Would be a great addition to the fleet.
                              rc flyin addict

Comment

• This is the first time I've participated in a preorder. I'm so exited to receive this bird and get it in the air. I'm looking forward to doing those low presentation fly by's. Flying formation with the Alpha Squadron will fun and will look great!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                  FLTRI, we don't disclose quantities, for certain competitive reasons. But suffice to say, it was a LOT! We're grateful for the support of each person who is a part of the P-38's early success and we're hopeful the good word continues to spread in the coming weeks, months, and years. Each of you are contributing to making my job a lot easier when I try to convince manufacturers to take chances with new, daring releases.
                                  Glad to be a part of your daring new success. I'll be right with you again on your upcoming Tiger Cat and Black Widow!! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                                    Alpha, maybe you can convince someone on a run of these ? :D Would be a great addition to the fleet.

I am so with you on this, after all it is still a twin in my books! C'mon Alpha, make that 'daring' step !!
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I am so with you on this, after all it is still a twin in my books! C'mon Alpha, make that 'daring' step !!
                                      That would certainly be daring. It's a model that is frequently talked about on RCG. It could turn out to be one of those planes with a pent up demand, and sell better than most would think. Nitro Planes sold one years ago, but can you imagine a Flightline super scale version? It'd be pretty cool, and could be a hit...

Comment

• The engineer in me has to ask how are the long nose struts holding up, like on models of the P-39? Also anybody have an engineered solution to that lower fin? I'm concerned with tail strikes on landings and take offs. Also how about a knock off feature for that inevitable wheels up belly landing. I'm looking for some kind of durability in the model, I'd hate to have this get a bad rep. for being a one incident wonder.

That said I love the Do 335 and a night fighter with radar operator would be so wicked looking!

Comment

• I don't know why more models don't have a coil spring built into the strut legs, like the old Parkzone P-47 did. I do more damage to retracts bending them backward in a hard landing, than I do straight up and down (oleo strut). Maybe the rear lower "tail" could be held on with magnets, perhaps even with a servo to jettison it, like the Avios Sea Fury drop tanks.

Dunno, just daydreaming and speculating...

Comment

Working...
                                          X