Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent info on throttle calibration viper, and spot on. (that method will do nearly all foamy warbird factory esc's btw boys). Always a good idea to do prior to maiden. :)

I'd also add try to make sure you have the esc manual handy, (included in your kit), and make sure you check the other parameters as well, timing etc. My friend got his fms 1400mm mustang for example with the brake function set to on, out of the box. (Brake is for gliders mainly). You will never want a brake on setting in a foamy warbird, as this will greatly reduce the available watts and amps (I've watt tested and checked, over 100 watts down compared to brake off in the stang), so I'd humbly suggest to read your esc manual, calibrate your throttle, and take the time to check all the other settings as well. It's usually just the same as throttle, after the beeps that correspond to the ones you want, lower the throttle stick back to zero, you usually get a confirmation beep and then (important), unplug the battery. Most of these esc's I've checked will only allow you to change one parameter at a time, so it's important to unplug the battery straight away after changing any of the settings. If you need to do more than one, just repeat the process. The esc manual will tell you all you need to know. Hope it helps, and guys, I'd highly recommend it as I've found that not all esc's come how you would expect out of the box. (I've had three that came with the esc's set up wrong to date. Not many, but it does happen). It might just save you a plane one day. :)

Comment

• G'day boys. Thought I'd share a good mate of mines planned Aussie scheme for this beauty, I personally love it. (I'd steal it for mine if I had the skills lol). :rolleyes: (sorry mark mate, I had to share it, too nice). :) The link shows the service history on the plane, I found it fascinating and interesting how she got her name, trust the Aussies ;)). http://www.adastron.com/lockheed/lightning/41-2156.htm

Comment

• T-minus........... ? :rolleyes:
        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Hey Aros,

I seen we're neighbors.............Bend, Oregon here!

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
            T-minus........... ? :rolleyes:
            I'm hoping for delivery by March 23rd. That'll give me enough time to do the Putt Putt Maru scheme before heading to LA for the April 9th fun fly.
            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneCrazy View Post
              Hey Aros,

I seen we're neighbors.............Bend, Oregon here!
              Alright! We should start a Pac NW FlightLine P-38 Fest! :)
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• All signs point to that being the case, Crxmanpat. Almost... there...
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Woo hoo! :D
                  Pat

Comment

• Bit.....chomping.......... :D Thanks Alpha ! :cool:
                    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Well, I admit to having been a bit partial to Allied Green but that's because I had not seen Pacific Silver ... until a few days ago! Alpha's P-38 at Apollo:

Comment

• Sweet images Jon!

Yeah...that Silver one is a looker! :)

Comment

• That is by far the most scale looking foam-based P-38 I have ever seen. Wow, looking past the linkages and you could easily mistake that for the real thing. Outstanding shots!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Alpha has it looking good, with the rivets and aluminum skin he is working into it! :cool:

Comment

• Go team silver! ;)

Comment

• You gonna paint a blue nose on yours Shirty?
                                Big time propeller head
                                Love flying scale and 3D
                                Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• It's got 3 noses and 2 tails, so 3 blue noses and 2 redtails. :cool:

Comment

• Wow Bajora, those are some GREAT pictures. The one from the top of the A/C is so good, you couldn't tell it from the real thing. I just can't wait. I'm still partial though to the Green/Gray. Silver just looks too clean. GO TEAM GREEN!!!

Comment

• wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute ...your telling me thats the production version of the silver one? ...think I shouldve gone silver ...or should I just buy the silver and keep the green too! (flwap...BOOM... just got hit with a shoe)
                                      www.TSHobbies.com
                                      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        TG, click on the picture and you'll see his caption for those photos:
                                        "RC Pilot Evelyn holding the FlightLine P38s. Note bare-metal foil was applied to the silver Lightning by Alpha."

My production sample of Allied Silver wasn't fully painted, so I've been finishing it in "all out" scale detail. Aluminum sheeting, Robart wheels, antenna wires, airbrushed weathering, etc. It's still a work in progress but I ultimately want to show the full potential of this model's scale factor.

See above posts

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• ahhhhhh.. B E A utiful! wonder how well foil duct taoe would work..think it'd be too heavy?
                                          www.TSHobbies.com
                                          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Working...
                                          X