X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ruffneckx1 View Post
    OV10....... I'm trying to drill the strut used by FMS that rides inside the cylinder. I've been using titanium and black oxide bits. If this is aluminum I don't know what to tell 'ya.

I used the Freewing which are aluminum.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• that center shaft is hard steel, it's going to be really difficult to drill and tap. Maybe with a flat ground, a smaller bit to make the pilot hole, lots of cutting oil and a drill press it would be possible but I thought this be difficult as well.
      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by ruffneckx1 View Post
        OV10....... I'm trying to drill the strut used by FMS that rides inside the cylinder. I've been using titanium and black oxide bits. If this is aluminum I don't know what to tell 'ya.

As Frankenjet said the inner shaft(piston/ram) IS hard steel and the oleo case is aluminum. Don't know what further to offer except maybe try a titanium coated bit.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Well thanks for the feedback. I'll try to figure out something.

Woody

Comment

• I will check the strut for any warpage. Seemed okay but I'll give that a close look

Comment

• Started working on my FPV setup

Comment

• Don't worry I didn't hurt the los setup either ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                  Started working on my FPV setup
                  Curious to see how this works out for you. I still have a moving head camera cockpit from my silver p38 that I want to use on my 23skidoo. Believe it or not I've not done fpv, just cockpit cams with roll dial turning cams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Curious to see how this works out for you. I still have a moving head camera cockpit from my silver p38 that I want to use on my 23skidoo. Believe it or not I've not done fpv, just cockpit cams with roll dial turning cams.
                    Ryan, get a Dynam Hawk Sky, put a camera on it and have a blast....I take off, fly and land with my goggles on and can park it at my feet, the control you have being in the cockpit is unbelieveable, my favorite is flying at 2-3' off the deck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161204_000943241_iOS.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	60759

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161204_000935898_iOS.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	60760
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Absolutely! I can't wait to see the view from this plane, I have a cockpit view with my Seawind that is so much fun I been dieing to do this one with the head tracker system. I'm just waiting for my video tx and osd system so I can complete the installation. And I will post it here soon as I get the video on YouTube. I'm super stoked about this as I always wanted to get that view from a p38 cockpit

Comment

• Hey
                        TiredironGRB, stupid question but which B-17 is that in the background, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                          Hey
                          TiredironGRB, stupid question but which B-17 is that in the background, Brad
                          That's one of my Sonic 1875mm B-17s, I love these planes...the only thing I don't like about them is that I can't buy them from Motion RC.
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I'd love to get a b17. Very cool aircraft

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

That's one of my Sonic 1875mm B-17s, I love these planes...the only thing I don't like about them is that I can't buy them from Motion RC.
                              Ditto. An absolutely wonderful looking and flying model. I am hoping Flightline puts out a bigger B-29 to keep it company.. On a P-38 related note, I stripped the decals from mine and got it primed today. Plan is to be repainted as Robin Old's P-38, Scat II.

Comment

I'd love to get a b17. Very cool aircraft
                                When you are in the area, you can try flying mine. It really is a big, easy flying model

Comment

• Awesome! Thank you

Comment

Awesome! Thank you
                                    No problem man!

Comment

• Just finished repainting mine as 23 Skidoo...Thanks to Callie she turned out looking great. I will post some photos tomorrow. We're pretty soggy here in the Pacific Northwest lately...Shocker, I know. :)
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Woke up to snow. Without further ado, Miss SKidoo...

My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Very nice

Comment

Working...
                                          X