Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many planes, so little time. We need T-shirts.

Or tattoos!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• How about projected hologram aircraft on CD they all could fly around your head just like in a dream. Ahhhhh....

Comment

• A few more shots of Skidoo...FInished painting the tail trim...Now I wait for Callie to send me the "LOUISE" on the cowls and the pilot and crew chief callouts and she'll be fully converted. Now I just need to put my big boy pants on and grab those upgraded struts like many of you have! :)

My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          A few more shots of Skidoo...FInished painting the tail trim...Now I wait for Callie to send me the "LOUISE" on the cowls and the pilot and crew chief callouts and she'll be fully converted. Now I just need to put my big boy pants on and grab those upgraded struts like many of you have! :)
          Looks great!

What kind of paint did you use on the nose and prop spinners, and how did you apply it?
          I'll need to do quite of bit of overpainting if I decide to build a Glacier Girl down the road...

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            So many planes, so little time. We need T-shirts.

Or tattoos!
            I'm good with either!! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief58D View Post
              Looks great! What kind of paint did you use on the nose and prop spinners, and how did you apply it? I'll need to do quite of bit of overpainting if I decide to build a Glacier Girl down the road...
              Thanks! The paint is latex I got at the local hardware store. I had them color match both OD and beige colors and I got a quart of each color. I used a soft paint brush for the cowl and nose (to minimize drying brush strokes) and the spinners I simply (but carefully and patiently) dipped them into the quart of OD and by golly it turned out pretty good! I then sprayed it with water-based Polycrylic to seal the water-based latex when I was done. Love the easy clean up and no smell of latex for touch up work.
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Absolutely beautiful man! Love it

Comment

• Thanks!! :bluecool
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• A few shots of mine. I fly on a single 4s 6200.

Comment

• Sweet! What are your flight times? I fly on a single 5000 and I get decent flight time out of it. Around 6 mins I can't wait to see how it goes with the FPV equipment on board. Shouldn't be that much more drain on it

Comment

• Awesome Bob! You can't go wrong with Cali Cutie! Well done! :p38
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                          Sweet! What are your flight times? I fly on a single 5000 and I get decent flight time out of it. Around 6 mins I can't wait to see how it goes with the FPV equipment on board. Shouldn't be that much more drain on it
                          I have my DX9 set for 6 minute flights. At the one minute alarm, flaps and retracts down and I'm on approach. I never did check remaining battery capacity. She only had 4 flights before winter set in.
                          I just finished my F7F and need to figure out how to get them both in my SUV.

Comment

• Indeed you do the same as I do it looks like, I normally come down with 50-40% remaining on the 5000 depending on how hard I fly it. So we're well in safe limits.

Comment

• Flew Skidoo today...Pretty gnarly crosswind and windy today...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Todd.........I saw that a Far East viewer made a comment to your vid and thought that was awesome that you understand and can respond in that language.
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                  So many planes, so little time. We need T-shirts.

Or tattoos!
                                  T-Shirts!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                    Flew Skidoo today...Pretty gnarly crosswind and windy today...

great flight Aros, love the camera angle. what cam are you running? Weight added pretty far aft did you have to add weight or slide batt to keep the cg forward ? I'd hit one of those light poles for sure :o)
                                    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Here's my FPV flight.... Man what a view!

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                                        great flight Aros, love the camera angle. what cam are you running? Weight added pretty far aft did you have to add weight or slide batt to keep the cg forward ? I'd hit one of those light poles for sure :o)
                                        Thanks! Yeah I had an E-flite P-38 that met it's demise by a light pole once. Dang plane magnets!

I am using the Mobius 2 Action Camera. Great camera for the price. I didn't have to add any weight...My batteries are pretty far forward as is so it worked out well!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          Here's my FPV flight.... Man what a view!
                                          That is SO cool!! :Cool:
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X