Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey rifleman btx, it took a second to catch the joke but I like your sense of humor. I think the word is well hung. By the way, I gave myself a little tool kit for Christmas, speaking of toolsLOL through Micro-mark. It's made by Wiha, hardened high carbon tool steel screwdriver bit and socket set. Has a screwdriver handle, an extension, and a ratchet handle that is only 3 1/2" long. It comes in a metal case that's 3x7" and fits in my flight box nicely. I've had it with the hobbyking tools, they are :Poo:!!! Brad

Comment

• Heck yeah, that's definitely a worthwhile tool kit

Comment

• I came in a bit slow last week and got a last minute shove by a tail wind, she lost altitude quick and I did not have time to add enough throttle . About 1/2 way threw repairs, the air frame sustained no damage .just some scuffs. Re-do on all the landing gear and tweak the gear doors a little, I added plugs to disconnect the retracts them so you can remove them for service and test with the servo tester. Should have ordered a steering arm as she broke when I bent it back. I'll address the factory wing mismatch at the the root on the redo and go over everything. I may try a little more aft cg as well.

rc flyin addict

Comment

• Ouch! Glad you're getting her back to flight-ready status soon. Tough bird!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Ouch, man glad you could get her repaired. Great flight up til then.

Comment

• A little foamtac and you're good as new. :Cool:
              AMA 424553

Comment

• +1 on the foam tac, one of the mains tore the foam so foam tack and a little gorilla glue, on epo these are my go to glues. FT makes a great lock tite too, works on plastic (real lock tite on plastic is a no no) Got the mains done and the gear doors re tuned, just the forward gear and finish the touch up , wheels seem to fit a bit better after the redo, cut a bit more, going to put a bit of glass and epoxy under the wheel wells just for piece of mind but I don't think she really needs it. Work slowing the redo :(
                rc flyin addict

Comment

• Can't tell anything happened, Nice. :)
                  AMA 424553

Comment

• Well done on the repairs

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                      Sweet POV Ryan! What about experimenting with a transparent/plastic stick? How much does it effect CG?
                      It's a little bit hell on cg and worse on yaw stability , but the shots are neat.

Comment

• Finally have my Battle Axe P-38 finished! It has the upgrade landing gear and a mix of Callie and kit decals on the bird. I also added the antenna for a more scale look. Waiting for some decent weather to maiden her.

Comment

• Originally posted by zorkahn View Post
                          Finally have my Battle Axe P-38 finished! It has the upgrade landing gear and a mix of Callie and kit decals on the bird. I also added the antenna for a more scale look. Waiting for some decent weather to maiden her.
                          Looks great Zorkahn! I think you'll really enjoy how it flies.

Comment

• Lookin' good zorkahn!
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looks good Zorkahn. We're in the same boat. Waiting for Winter to move on and the grass runway to be rolled to maiden mine as well.

Comment

• Hey Twowingtj, I'm wondering what "rolling" the field means exactly. I've heard the expression before but have never seen it done. I live on an island, about 56 square miles and I'm happy to say I have my own 500' runway on 20 acres. But rolling the field is not something I'm familiar with. Please advise, Brad

Comment

• I can answer that for you. My clubs flying field used to be grass and every year we would have to roll the runway area with a power roller like they use rolling asphalt to even out the lumpy ground after the winter. It made a nice level surface to fly off of and land.
                                  Roy B.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                    Hey Twowingtj, I'm wondering what "rolling" the field means exactly. I've heard the expression before but have never seen it done. I live on an island, about 56 square miles and I'm happy to say I have my own 500' runway on 20 acres. But rolling the field is not something I'm familiar with. Please advise, Brad
                                    Boomer is right. Here in the NE the ground freezes hard in the Winter causing the ground to expand very unevenly. The airport we fly at has a grass runway. Every Spring after the last freeze, they haul out the big roller and smooth it out. Real nice then.

Comment

• Had the decals on the left motor props come off in flight today. I sprayed them with clear lacquer but I guess not enough there. Could also be brain fart. LOL!!

Also noticed the L/G has become sloppy, especially the nose gear. Gotta have a closer look at why.
                                      Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• How about changing our P-38 into a F-5....

Click image for larger version

Name:	F5.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	64881
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Thanks Boomer and Twowingtj for getting back to me. Sooooooo that kind of roller.:Ligthbulb: We have the same kind of thing here, some winters more than others. We call it "heaving" and this year has been the worst in probably 7 years! Unfortunately, due to the fact that my runway is on the lower part of the property and is the last part to dry out,I will probably have to wait 'til mid to late April to avoid the roller becoming a monument!! Still, it's great info and I'll be checking with some of the local excavators for some help.Thanks so much, Brad

Comment

Working...
                                          X