Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the 3-piece props and back plate work just fine. The key is to check everything out every time you have a prop strike as that is what usually causes breaks in the back plate and could lead to a thrown prop. I've already replaced my spinners once.
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Delizar View Post
      Good idea Ti . I wonder how microballoons would work in that application?
      I think that adding micrballoons to reduce weight would be the wrong thing to do. This is a structural application; so, if a filler is used, that filler should probably be FG or plastic fibers, to add strength to the matrix. Microballoons, while reducing weight, would also reduce strength. But, then again, with the epoxy that thick, it probably doesn't matter. Sorry, I'm arguing with myself again.

I greatly dislike the multi-piece prop assemblies, too.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• Since epoxy gets brittle over time I'm just not sure how good of a attempted fix this may be. Just my 2 cents.

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
          I think the 3-piece props and back plate work just fine. The key is to check everything out every time you have a prop strike as that is what usually causes breaks in the back plate and could lead to a thrown prop. I've already replaced my spinners once.
          In my opinion, the long-term problem with multi-piece props is that when the model goes OOP, they stop making the prop assemblies. Then, if you break a blade or a backplate, your model is grounded, unless you can find a work-around. I'm running into this with the Freewing FW-190 (V1) and the Freewing Mossie. I've had to convert the Würger to a solid 3-piece prop (EFlite Bf-109G, which I actually like) and a Dubro spinner, which is not quite the right shape/size and lacks the cooling blades. Oh, and more importantly, I had to change motors. :Angry: But, the Würger is still flying... :Cool:
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

• Is this page still running?

Comment

• Yeah not allot of action these days. My P-38 is just sitting there on the table waiting for the rainy weather to stop.Brad

Comment

• Same here Brad. :Rainning:
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Power Sport upgrade on my silver P-38. It's a very good upgrade in power.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Nice, coming in towards that dump truck made alittle pucker factor over here watching​. But the video may have made that closer than it really was. Good flight!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      Nice, coming in towards that dump truck made alittle pucker factor over here watching​. But the video may have made that closer than it really was. Good flight!
                      Your right! And that's why as soon as i touched down I gave her right rudder(too much), and she started to skid to the right and then turned right. It was heading to the dump truck for sure....
                      Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                        Power Sport upgrade on my silver P-38. It's a very good upgrade in power.
                        That's what you call a brodie!!! At least in my day. And I might have of even caught cloth on that one., Brad:Scared:

Comment

• Lon, that's funny I did the same thing yesterday with my Freewing F-16 70mm V2. A mini van came in right as I was on the base leg and parked right in the middle of the parking lot where I was setting up to land. I didn't have a spotter and the dang mini van made no sound so as I came in and landed it was only then did I know a car was there so I had to "brodie" myself which tipped her on her tips with that short tracking gear, scraped her up pretty good. Stupid mini vans. Don't they know that parking lot is my runway??

:Angry: ;):P

Flew my P-38 there today. Luckily the gate was locked so no cars! Probably the best flight I've had with her yet. One of those flights from takeoff to touchdown that couldn't have gone smoother. Totally scale, clean flight and greaser. Ahhhhh.

:)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                            Lon, that's funny I did the same thing yesterday with my Freewing F-16 70mm V2. A mini van came in right as I was on the base leg and parked right in the middle of the parking lot where I was setting up to land. I didn't have a spotter and the dang mini van made no sound so as I came in and landed it was only then did I know a car was there so I had to "brodie" myself which tipped her on her tips with that short tracking gear, scraped her up pretty good. Stupid mini vans. Don't they know that parking lot is my runway??

:Angry: ;):P

Flew my P-38 there today. Luckily the gate was locked so no cars! Probably the best flight I've had with her yet. One of those flights from takeoff to touchdown that couldn't have gone smoother. Totally scale, clean flight and greaser. Ahhhhh.

:)
                            :)Yes! The thing is, as you could see. I had ALOT of runway...but nooooo...I'm not coming in straight down the runway. AND yes, there's the ole dump truck.
                            Lon

Comment

• Where's the video camera when you need it?:Win: My best flights are also off camera , of coarse, and if you dork it in....... guaranteed someone will have it recorded. Could Murphy's Law have anything to do with it?:Confused: And did you get the number of that truck for road rash compensation?:Crying2: How much did it cost to get that key for the gate? LOLBrad P.S. Glad you've got pavement to fly off of, my field is still squishy!! I need some high flotation tires!!!!

Comment

• Brad, man I am not kidding, it's so true! My best flights are almost ALWAYS when I don't have video. I think it's because I am most often relaxed when there's no camera recording or any people around. Nothing to deter my concentration and focus I suppose. I tend to fly "tight" when I know I am recording.
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Better yey Brad just get some floats.
                                  Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                                    Better yey Brad just get some floats.
                                    Don't think I haven't thought about it my friend. Too shallow for floats and too deep for tires. Guess I'll just have to wait another couple of weeks. This must be the wettest, coldest winter for at least a decade or two in the Pacific Northwest but we could do allot worse, that's for sure!!!! Brad P.S. Todd, hope we can have some good flights together this summer some time with a hidden camera!:Cool:

Comment

• Roger that!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• So had the hard landing a few weeks back. Been working on the issues from the crash and the original build. Pressing beyond the crash damage was the wing warping and alignment at the root. I used CF rods and strips along with epoxy and some persuading blocks to get things straight. I'm now happy as everything is straight and I have a smooth line on the trailing edge.
                                        here is the list

New retracts
                                        new springs with higher compression on the mains (old fms springs too soft, tail was sagging)
                                        refit gear, grind to get more clearance and epoxy and cloth in the gear bays to add strength (more room makes gear more reliable)
                                        fix gear doors (minor)
                                        new props and decals by callie, light coat of lacquer to seal
                                        wing straiten and align plus flap fix
                                        some body work here and there
                                        made some changes to the radio set up, tune flap mix with down ele , add a little up ele with gear down
                                        will move cg back a little to see what I can get away with.

She is ready to re-maiden, most all of the trims are now void so it will be a real re-maiden Click image for larger version

Name:	20170324_215812.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	72023Click image for larger version

Name:	20170408_174143.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	72024Click image for larger version

Name:	20170412_194326.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	72025Click image for larger version

Name:	20170417_191451.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	72026Click image for larger version

Name:	20170417_191721.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	72027Click image for larger version

Name:	20170411_140957.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	72028Click image for larger version

Name:	20170417_193207.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	72029Click image for larger version

Name:	20170411_140911.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	72030Click image for larger version

Name:	20170417_191331.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	72031
                                        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Nice work! Full re-maiden report expected! :)
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X