Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I installed a ums 150 and had to build an engine box to extend it 3 inches for the prop to clear cowl when balanced i had to ad almost 2 lbs of tail wieght. Do u guys trust the cg in manual and did u use the supplied cg unit that eas supplied?

Comment

• All up weight with smoke and scale 3 blade pr0p and spiner was43 lbs a little more that i had hoped

Comment

• I'm flying at the manual CoG. I chose not to go with dead weight and put all my packs under the fin accessed via the tail retract hatch. That will save you a bit of weight. Also the cowl is way too long in the stock kit so I only made up a 40mm packer for the firewall and mounted the cowl to suit.

Mine came out at ready to fly weight with the 180 about 2.5kg lighter than yours.

The Sist full composite 1/4 Fw-190 comes in at around 3-5kg heavier than your weight so i wouldn't loose too much sleep over it. personally I think they are a little too light, so your weight should be fine

Comment

• Thanks for the reply it is wut it is now i guess i just dont know about that wooden jig theu gave us for baancing seems to react really slow to changes in ch would like to use a proper balancr jig but cut out in wheel well make it hard as for there set up i used it and plane is steady and level .again 2 pounds of tail wieght yuk

Comment

• Do we really need baffles with the radial engine in this plane ? The way i see it there is limited space between cowl and spinner so air is pretty much directed over cylinders .thought?

Comment

• I don't like dead weight in my models either, but just move the packs aft. I have saved quite a lot of weight on friends models just with moving all the gear around to the best locations.

Yes you need baffles to direct the air right over the fins of the cylinders.

Comment

• My cylinder temps are reaching 190 to 200 after a 5 minute run on the ground with no cowl is this to high for ums 150 still breakin in on 32 /1 mabe to lean ?

Comment

Working...
                X