X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Williams_damien View Post
    Yea, i hope so, youd think Maverick was flying on the take off, barrel rolled twenty feet from ground, gave every body at the park a thrill! Me cussing like a sailor going OMG! THERE GOES 500 BUCKS!!! But they tried re-binding it and i tried like 20 times to re-bind myself when i got it home....nothing.
    Any alterations or mods to the plane while you've had it? A couple things that I can think of that may prevent binding. I'm still not sure why it went out of bind but that's another mystery in itself. This has happened to me on occasion but when I went to rebind, it worked. Is yours a BNF? Since you've been flying it after the first bind, have you by chance used lower rates on the control surfaces and have you done anything with the throttle trim during that time. Some Eflite BNF planes require that you have the throttle trim in the neutral position while others require it to be as low as possible. It also must see that the throttle cut NOT be activated when binding. Try it both ways.
    As for the roll on take off, I believe on this plane, the ailerons (and flaps) run through those connections at the rear edge of the wing center section. Do you typically remove the wing for transport? Those little pins in the connection can become loose and make poor contact or the plugs get loose over time and the 2 parts don't fully engage. This can lead to a momentary loss of continuity. Check those plugs, pins for any looseness. (As an aside, both my Freewing T-33's did the same barrel roll right after leaving the ground. It wasn't till I bypassed the "blue box" that they stopped doing it. It would seem that there is some sort of short or cross contamination between some circuits in the blue box that can cause a momentary loss of signal transmission. This Mustang likely doesn't have such a device but all I'm saying is that there are enough junctions and connections between the AIL and the RX that the signal can get affected.)
    I don't about your hobby shop, but any of mine and any of the online shops will not be very sympathetic after you've flown the thing that many times.

Comment

• True, well see, but for half a grand, you want more than 5 flights, and ive tried everything i could think of and watched some videos on binding as well. Not sure but maybe they have a solution

Comment

• Now the damn is working again, and the weird thing is it bound without me binding it?? Starting to wonder if its possessed with Christine! Lmao

Comment

• i have a brand new eflite p51 retract i got to see if it would work in my fw190 but its not a 70 degree retract its a 90 for the p51 25 shipped in lower 48 6015069977

Comment

• After seeing one of these fly, I broke. I've owned a few Mustangs over the years and didn't really think I needed a big one. I have the big FW190 and the FL Spitfire 1600. The Spitfire is incredible, it's beautiful, my favorite plane in my collection.

A buddy owns the Eflite P51 also and to see it fly convinced me. The color was what kept it from being a consideration for me. And principles. I feel that for that much money it should look great out of the box. Like the FL Spit. Well, then I bought the FW190 and painted that. So when i saw the mustang fly i knew i could do a repaint and be happy.

I will probably do a full repaint later. But here's my quick and dirty rattle can and sticky notes conversion. The full scale inspiration for the Eflite yellow and blue is an airshow plane, so I am not at all bothered by having mine be a made up color scheme. Maybe I'll replicate a true scheme later or maybe I'll just keep flying it like this, a little more of tough looking warbird. A girl named Lou! Click image for larger version

Name:	20210529_144051.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	328.5 KB
ID:	314479

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
              After seeing one of these fly, I broke.
              But what did you think AFTER you saw it landing? Those hard stock tires make it bounce like water on a drum. I love the plane but that bounce is quite annoying.

Comment

• Ha ha! Yeah, I immediately ordered softer tires. Fortunately or unfortunately the flying spot my friend and I fly at is deep grass and rough dirt, so it's like landing with brakes and bouncing happens on that ground while it's parked. If you're not picking up parts it's a greaser.

Comment

Ha ha! Yeah, I immediately ordered softer tires. Fortunately or unfortunately the flying spot my friend and I fly at is deep grass and rough dirt, so it's like landing with brakes and bouncing happens on that ground while it's parked. If you're not picking up parts it's a greaser.
                  I find landing on grass with the stock wheels to be much more acceptable.

Comment

• xviper Have you tried any low bounce tires? I'm waiting for robarts but am willing to try any brand to achieve the right setup.

Comment

xviper Have you tried any low bounce tires? I'm waiting for robarts but am willing to try any brand to achieve the right setup.
                      I put the Robart (#135) tires on the stock wheels to keep the stock wheel bearings in play. Has made a big improvement on paved runways for sure.
                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Very interesting. I hadn't thought about doing that. Could you explain the process a little, for instance, how do you get the stock wheels apart? Do they unscrew somehow, or something?

Thanks,

Davegee

Comment

xviper Have you tried any low bounce tires? I'm waiting for robarts but am willing to try any brand to achieve the right setup.
                          Yes, I tried the Dubro low bounce tires in the 3.5" size, however, they were just too wide and they rubbed on the strut. The plane didn't roll evenly, so I didn't take off. I put the stockers back on. I take off from the GeoTex and land strictly on the grass now. Still a little bounce but getting better. Next time I put in an order to our local hobby shop, I'll get a set of Robarts to try them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post

I put the Robart (#135) tires on the stock wheels to keep the stock wheel bearings in play. Has made a big improvement on paved runways for sure.
                            Do those come with their own "rims" and you take the tires off?

Comment

• The Robart UX350 is the wheel and tire that rcgeek used in his review/upgrade video. The UX350 has the 135 tire on it. I don't know if you can buy the tire without rims or not. Either way I'll be getting the UX350 this week and will probably pull the tires and put them on the stock rims. It sounds like a great fix, better than shimming the axle with blue tape and tubing, no offense to rcgeeks fix.

I haven't even looked at the FW190 to see if the wheels are the same. If so, I'll do them both.

Comment

The Robart UX350 is the wheel and tire that rcgeek used in his review/upgrade video. The UX350 has the 135 tire on it. I don't know if you can buy the tire without rims or not. Either way I'll be getting the UX350 this week and will probably pull the tires and put them on the stock rims. It sounds like a great fix, better than shimming the axle with blue tape and tubing, no offense to rcgeeks fix.

I haven't even looked at the FW190 to see if the wheels are the same. If so, I'll do them both.
                                Yes, sounds like a great idea of putting the 3.5" Robart rubber tires on the stock rims for the E Flite P-51. I'd like to do that myself, have a couple spare P-51 hard wheels and tires I'd like to experiment on, but I still don't have an answer as to HOW do you get the E Flite P-51 rims apart so that you can put the Robart 3.5" rubber tires on as a replacement?? Appreciate any comments from the photo of BluesDragon above as to how to do this. I think it sounds like a splendid idea keeping the original rims from the E Flite P-51 on the plane, if you can somehow put the softer Robart tires on. I have the Robarts on my P-51 now, but the Robart wheel is a bit wobbly on the axle no matter what I do. Still, the landings are much softer and more controlled even with this setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Yes, sounds like a great idea of putting the 3.5" Robart rubber tires on the stock rims for the E Flite P-51. I'd like to do that myself, have a couple spare P-51 hard wheels and tires I'd like to experiment on, but I still don't have an answer as to HOW do you get the E Flite P-51 rims apart so that you can put the Robart 3.5" rubber tires on as a replacement?? Appreciate any comments from the photo of BluesDragon above as to how to do this. I think it sounds like a splendid idea keeping the original rims from the E Flite P-51 on the plane, if you can somehow put the softer Robart tires on. I have the Robarts on my P-51 now, but the Robart wheel is a bit wobbly on the axle no matter what I do. Still, the landings are much softer and more controlled even with this setup.
                                  Until BD responds, from those pictures, it appears that those are the stock wheels and they split in half at the center line. Probably a pressure fit and you have to work the tire off and pull the rim apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    Until BD responds, from those pictures, it appears that those are the stock wheels and they split in half at the center line. Probably a pressure fit and you have to work the tire off and pull the rim apart.
                                    Thanks, XViper. I'm really intrigued to know how he got those two rims apart. I noticed on one there was a ring of little bumps, and the other, corresponding holes to put them in for alignment. Didn't look like any "surgery" was done like just taking a saw and cutting it in half. There must be another way, and I hope BD can enlighten us on how he did it. I'd even consider doing it on my new Flightline Corsair, if this works. I think the axles are the same size in the P-51 and the Corsair. I have Robarts on my Corsair and P-51 now, but there is an annoying little wobble where the wheels aren't quite as tight to the axle as they should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      Until BD responds, from those pictures, it appears that those are the stock wheels and they split in half at the center line. Probably a pressure fit and **you have to work the tire off and pull the rim apart.
                                      Yes they are the stock wheels. They, surprisingly, split apart with a little prying. The Robarts did have screws in them, if I remember correctly. I've got the upmost respect for RC Geek, and did check out his video. I just can't like adding shims and such for fit. So I got the Robart wheels with tires and proceeded to splitting both sets apart. It was suggested for me to glue the stock wheels back together once the robarts were in place. I didn't see the need for it. They weren't glue to start with and do not split apart on the axle. Just gotta be careful not to lose that little c-clamp hold the wheels on the axle.

Edit:** It's the other way around. Tiny flat screw driver.. split rim/wheel.. remove tire
                                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• If you look closely, there are like 8 tiny molded dowels that fit into the holes on the other side of the wheel. They are not glue. So gentle prying, a little bit all the way around, and they'll split for ya.
                                        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• i used the robarts on my fw190 stock rims... you have use a xacto knife to cut the center lip off the robarts,, its not hard just count your fingers after u finish...wipe up any blood you see if the finger count was off by one

our field is very short grass so just going to wait on the eflite soft tires backordered till july

Comment

Working...
                                          X