Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanx hugh reckon ive seen them ,, on a site.. way north of the border.. so guess that means the zippy not to heavy

Comment

• Hello all, I found one of these planes and know nothing about it. It appears to be in decent shape but has no propeller. Any info, resale value, where to post for sale would be appreciated. I’m in Rockland county NY.

Thanks,
      Erik

Comment

• Its an e flight, or horizon hobby plane .. your us counterparts will need to chime in, 4 a second hand value and where to sell it.. they r still available in the us... i think new around 500 us dollars... released a bit over 12 months ago. Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by vdleeuw View Post
          Hello all, I found one of these planes and know nothing about it. It appears to be in decent shape but has no propeller. Any info, resale value, where to post for sale would be appreciated. I’m in Rockland county NY.

Thanks,
          Erik
          this is the plane new:

E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.5m Smart BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select | Horizon Hobby

to make it whole u need at least this:

E-flite Spinner with Backplate: P-51D 1.5m Mustang | Horizon Hobby

E-flite Prop Set (4): P-51D 1.5m Mustang | Horizon Hobby

will give u an ides of the cost of the original - the parts u r missing.

Joe
          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Thank you very much for the information. The more I watch videos of this thing the more I want to fly it! I know once I show this to my five year old I’m doomed and will get sucked into the vortex of rc planes. He asked for a plane for Christmas but I kind of steered him into asking for a truck! Now this thing came along and I’m in a pickle. Sell it before he sees it and avoid the rabbit hole or bite the bullet and drop the money to get everything else needed to learn to fly it. Pricing on these huge lipo batteries, charger and receiver is pretty crazy. I can just imagine dropping $500 for everything to crash it on my first attempt. Either way, thanks for the help!

Comment

• If this is your very first RC plane, your chances of crashing it in the first 10 seconds after take off is very high. Any war bird of this size and type can be a handful and is not the kind of plane to learn on. A typical LiPo battery for it will be ~$100.00 each. A cheap charger, another hundred. You won't need a RX. It already has one. You will need a transmitter. That will cost a couple hundred. The prop, prop holder/backing plate and spinner, likely another $50.00+ You can get all these prices on the Horizon Hobby site.
              Just to give you an idea of what you might get for this plane, I just sold mine less than a month ago. It was 3 seasons old, never crashed, in perfect condition. I only sell to friends and I don't take advantage of my friends. I sold it to him for 1/2 retail. On the open market, I could have gotten 2/3 retail. Used RC models don't hold their value that well, especially if it's been damaged/repaired or missing something or have something that doesn't work.
              Best place to post this up for sale is your local Kijiji under the RC section. Watch out for scammers.

Comment

• Hey guys hope new year so far a good 1... hav 15 flights now on the fms p51d... its an awsome flyer,, last few flights hav been on 6200 zippy... it carries the weight very well... around 8 minuts mixed flying... no parts req ..gear.....etc well put together plane.... just a side note,, obviously the e flight version sells more.. or is prefferance,, when i put mine together i noted the bottom 3 mm of the arial was blue,, and had been masked and painted olive drab... cya 4 now Click image for larger version

Name:	16412765909555403121828165695260.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	334193Click image for larger version

Name:	16412765909555403121828165695260.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	334195
                Attached Files

Comment

• So far so good for mine, I got 10 flights on my new F14, and loving it. I need to reprogram my freewing P51 and start flying it again soon. I totally love that plane.

Comment

• Any idea on blue shade touch up paint. I chipped off some and need to touchup

Comment

• Take the battery hatch top or whatever is easiest to Ace or Lowes , Home Depot and get them to scan the color. I have several sample cans that I've scanned over the years and will never run out of paint. Its not available in gloss, most if not all of mine are satin then I use Minwax Spar Urethane (water based) to add gloss.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey guys n gals have round 30 flights on this puppy now.. its going well.. rep.aced tail retract. Outside that its been awsome.. it flys and lands easy

Comment

• Has anyone used a standard receiver besides a Spectrum in there P51? Also did tyre mod with Robarts
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawks51 View Post
                            Has anyone used a standard receiver besides a Spectrum in there P51? Also did tyre mod with Robarts
                            I have the fms version ( pnp) i use dynam detrum tx rx i use sr86a rx ( internal gyro) works flys like a treat,, Click image for larger version

Name:	20211130_153726.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	340246Click image for larger version

Name:	16476402266425333165969621890578.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	340247

Comment

• Flew this couple days ago.. take off was good,, about 2 minuts in had what i thought was signal trouble.. managedto get it down in 1 peice....then realized rh aileron not working,, promptly pushed on the outside wing panel,, epecting it to then work... but no.. at home took apart and reassemble complete wing inc centre section.. now rh aileron works.. seems a strange 1.... anything similar from u guys,, and what to do?. Loose joiner i guess,, will b fun not ,, finding the culprit

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                                Flew this couple days ago.. take off was good,, about 2 minuts in had what i thought was signal trouble.. managedto get it down in 1 peice....then realized rh aileron not working,, promptly pushed on the outside wing panel,, epecting it to then work... but no.. at home took apart and reassemble complete wing inc centre section.. now rh aileron works.. seems a strange 1.... anything similar from u guys,, and what to do?. Loose joiner i guess,, will b fun not ,, finding the culprit
                                Hi F4U aussie: yes, I have been having similar problems on my FMS 1500mm P-47. I have another one that I fly and I have not had ANY issues with that one, but this new one is a bugger. I flew it again this morning, didn't have aileron or flap issues with it this time, but the left main gear just would not retract in flight, Yet, everything works fine on the ground. Still trying to work this problem. Did a swap over of some parts with the other P-47 to try to isolate the problem. Turns out, even when I switched the wiring harness over to the other plane, I couldn't duplicate the problem. Both planes are working perfectly now in the shop, will take the problem child over to the field tomorrow and see if it is resolved, or not.

Good luck with your plane. Looks very nice! 361st Yellow Jackets of Bottisham!

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• first time i saw this was on a 20# zirroli corsair with g-62 for power, and folding wings. because of the folding wings i had a y coming out of the rx and 2
                                  ext in each side of the gull. first time i had ailerons that did not respond to controls i pulled at the connections and worked them each 6 times. buttoned it up
                                  and everything worked. dirty contacts are a paint, i solved it with a soldering iron, one servo lead from rx y, never had the problem again.

Joe
                                  Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post
                                    first time i saw this was on a 20# zirroli corsair with g-62 for power, and folding wings. because of the folding wings i had a y coming out of the rx and 2
                                    ext in each side of the gull. first time i had ailerons that did not respond to controls i pulled at the connections and worked them each 6 times. buttoned it up
                                    and everything worked. dirty contacts are a paint, i solved it with a soldering iron, one servo lead from rx y, never had the problem again.

Joe
                                    Glad that worked out for you and your big Corsair, Joe. I am hoping to do a test flight to see if my fixes on my P-47 worked. Unfortunately, the winds are out of bounds for my tastes, so I'll have to wait a few days until they settle down. I think the only problem with it now, and I hope that fix is confirmed when I get it into the air again, is the left gear stubbornly staying down when commanded to retract. All those other intermittent issues with the left wing, aileron, flaps, gear, nav light seem to be fixed, for now. Will wring it out with test flights next opportunity to confirm.

Comment

• Hadn't taken my total redo of the LOU IV E Flite P-51D out for a workout for some time, being that it has been hanging up in my garage for a while. Usually, I do a thorough checkout in my shop before taking it out to the field, especially if I haven't flown it for a while, but just had a good feeling about today's flights. I'm happy to report that after a stand down for a month or more, it flew just beautifully in almost equally perfect weather. I did notice that I had a tendency to overcontrol it a bit at first, especially in the roll axis, until I calmed down and got back in the groove again with it. For takeoffs, I use high rates on the rudder, and ease in the throttle and a LOT of right rudder to make it track straight down the runway.

It's a rock-steady and super performer when flown in a scale manner. Replacing the stock wheels with 3.5" Robarts tires and wheels has made a huge difference in ground tracking and eliminating bounces on landings. If I ever get another one someday, I'll do the exact same mods on it. I'd be repainting it to another paint scheme, but I can think that over if I ever go ahead with the project. Great plane!

Cheers

davegee

Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM1097adjustedcompressed.jpg.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	357093Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM1096adjustedcompressed.jpg.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	357094

Comment

• Hey folks, just picked up a P51 1.5m and would like to know if the ux375 Robarts would work. I realize that they are 3.75” but has anyone tried them. Seem to be easier to find right now than the 3.5”.
                                        Thanks,

Comment

• Originally posted by ArrowPilot View Post
                                          Hey folks, just picked up a P51 1.5m and would like to know if the ux375 Robarts would work. I realize that they are 3.75” but has anyone tried them. Seem to be easier to find right now than the 3.5”.
                                          Thanks,
                                          Hi ArrowPilot: I have not tried the 3.75 inch wheels/tires on this airplane. You'd have to test or measure if a 3.75" tire would rub on the wheelwell while extending/retracting to be sure. What you Don't want to have happen is a very tight fit where you end up not being able to extend the gear for landing because it got stuck inside there! Air loads on the wheel could possibly cause some problems if it is a tight fit, but still operates ok on the ground.

I just checked the MOTION RC website, and they show ten (10) packages of two apiece 3.5 inch tires and wheels with the WWII diamond tread on them. I have used these tires with much success on my Flightline Corsair and two E Flite P-51s, and I would recommend using those if you can order a couple for your model. I don't think you'll be disappointed using these over the stock hard tires.

Good Luck!

davegee

Comment

Working...
                                          X