X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEAUTIFUL job on the custom schemes!

Terry Dunn does a nice video review of the model for Model Aviation Magazine here:

Comment

• Ok. I'm having a weird issue with my FW. The ESC will not slow down for the aircraft to make a safe landing. Now, Sometimes it will, and then it won't. The Throttle stays at ,just under. quarter throttle. Also the Throttle cut will not engage unless you toggle the switch twice. Now, During the ground pre flite, it's fine, Once it runs for a little bit, It acts up. Has anyone else had this issue, and is it the ESC?

Comment

• Any chance that the trim on your throttle is not zeroed out?

Comment

• Have you tried recalibrating your throttle?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
            Any chance that the trim on your throttle is not zeroed out?
            It was Zeroed out. However, at full zero the throttle would engage, so I had to add 25% up throttle trim for it to stop.

Comment

Have you tried recalibrating your throttle?
              I did. It would still do this intermittently . So, I swapped out The Old ESC from my Crashed FW. It seems to be working better.

Comment

• Center your trim and sub trim. Put travel at 100 and -100. Throttle cut at -100. Turn off throttle cut and calibrate the ESC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  Center your trim and sub trim. Put travel at 100 and -100. Throttle cut at -100. Turn off throttle cut and calibrate the ESC.
                  Thank you. That did it. The Throttle cut will shut off the motor even at half throttle. It works like it should.

Comment

• Excellent! It could have been any of those things so I listed them all…

many use the main trim all the way down and if you ever do then throttle cut at -130 works. But set up as I said makes the throws -100/0/100…

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	A94639B8-F15D-42C7-BB95-03D7A2F46C70.jpeg
Views:	398
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	322556Click image for larger version

Name:	4AE8FB81-813C-4E06-9FFB-12C4A61E0453.jpeg
Views:	390
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	322549Click image for larger version

Name:	D92D5F34-F5AE-4745-A497-F6FE45AAF0F4.jpeg
Views:	402
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	322550Click image for larger version

Name:	EE3A0AD2-91B4-4B5D-AF62-78BC3D4F03E3.jpeg
Views:	390
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	322551Click image for larger version

Name:	FC1085A0-3B36-4A76-BD7B-6072054AC114.jpeg
Views:	388
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	322552Click image for larger version

Name:	66203407-A1A5-4D77-8EC4-F78D08A743A2.jpeg
Views:	404
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	322553Click image for larger version

Name:	6FDB9607-9841-4652-8194-764ADF357011.jpeg
Views:	394
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	322554Click image for larger version

Name:	484AD1A6-CC68-45DC-9561-3D946DC06EF2.jpeg
Views:	411
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	322555Click image for larger version

Name:	A94639B8-F15D-42C7-BB95-03D7A2F46C70.jpeg
Views:	397
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	322557 86 flights as of yesterday. For me this is the most I have ever flown a plane in one season and it is not even over yet. I might hit 100 this year.
                      Attached Files
                      Tolga
                      Instagram: @_t01ga_
                      YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Has this forum died a slow death?

Comment

• so, i love the way this plane fly's. i don't like the power plant they picked, i don't think it does the aircraft justice. so i did an engine-ectomy. i replaced the stock power with a turnagy NTM 5060-380 turning a ape 15x10x2 on8s. to follow is my path

my initial thought was the stock motor was a 4258 and i was replacing with a 5060 so i was only 2mm longer. well, its clear they did not use the same ruler to measure both. the 5060 is 10mm longer.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/propdriv...ucts_analytics

https://www.smallpartscnc.com/index....product_id=130

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../EFL01371.html

https://www.dolphinco.com.au/spinner...inum-2-blades/

so i started by buying an extra x mount and elongating the holes to fit the 5060 and drilling out the center hole till it fit over the c ring on the back of the 5060. the 5060 covered part of the screw holes that mount the x mount to the firewall so i installed the screws in it before loc-tite-ing the x mount to the motor,

removing the stock motor is accomplished by removing the four x mount to firewall screws. the esc is glued in so it pulls out the nose with a little elbow grease.

the castle 100amp fit in the same spot, though i did have to lengthen the battery lead. the 5060 with the modified x mount screws right in place of the stock motor. when i thought the motors were 2mm delta i figured i could use the back plate of the stock spinner to give me the cooling fan, but 10mm delta put the fan mostly out side the cowl. so i went with just the dolphin spinner. i started with the 15x10x2 prop with a plan to go to the master airscrew 14x9x3.

i put two flights on it today, the first it was flying in and out of the lifting fog which was ok because i wanted to test how well the firewall would hold up to a motor putting out 3 hp so i wanted to do a lot of fast throttle ups, then MPT's. second flight i did all the maneuvers i usually do. i did notice that when i retracted the wheels at full tilt they would bind as the wheels entered the wing, at half throttle they went up fine. this is because i put a robart wheel on the stock hub, it was one i had here and it was a 1/4 inch larger than everyone has been using so i'm not worried about it at this point. so now it does all the maneuvers like a fighter!
                          Attached Files
                          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• I love my FW and want to buy another one to play around with the power system. It would be my favorite plane, if I didn't have so many favorites, it's confusing to choose one as the ultimate favorite.
                            I don't feel like the stock is too lacking. But ok, yes it would be better if it were faster but I'm satisfied enough with the stock performance. A second, faster one, would be fun too.😁

I use the Robarts on the 190 and the Mustang, I'm very satisfied with the ground handling. I fly from dirt, rough dirt, filthy dirt, and grassy dirt. They're perfect...once they're modified to fit the wheels/rims.

I love flying it back to back with the 1600 Flightline Spitfire. So fun!

Comment

• paladin Are you using the 190s power system in another plane? I'm just curious why you didn't use the stock 100amp esc?

Comment

I love my FW and want to buy another one to play around with the power system. It would be my favorite plane, if I didn't have so many favorites, it's confusing to choose one as the ultimate favorite.
                                I don't feel like the stock is too lacking. But ok, yes it would be better if it were faster but I'm satisfied enough with the stock performance. A second, faster one, would be fun too.😁

I use the Robarts on the 190 and the Mustang, I'm very satisfied with the ground handling. I fly from dirt, rough dirt, filthy dirt, and grassy dirt. They're perfect...once they're modified to fit the wheels/rims.

I love flying it back to back with the 1600 Flightline Spitfire. So fun!
                                Which Robart wheels are you using? What did you have to modify to make them fit?

Comment

paladin Are you using the 190s power system in another plane? I'm just curious why you didn't use the stock 100amp esc?
                                  My grandson looked through my attic hanger for his first warbird. his uncle mentioned that the Mark's models (jemco) 60 size fun scale P-51D with retracts, no flaps was his first warbird and that was the one he wanted. its an excellent warbird trainer because it has a glider wing section so if you don't keep the velocity constant on landing it will balloon, causing a go round. it was in the attic because maidened in 1986 the covering on the open surfaces got brittle and would tear when flown.

powered by a fox 74 muffled down to 88db and turning a huge prop in its first life. so the motor esc combo from this e-flite fw are slated for this plane. i am looking for power for my bh do335 so i plan to set up the p-51D to try the extreme flite Xpwr-22cc as well.
                                  Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• as for the wheels, the soft tire was not available till late in the summer and i had robart 3.75" diamond treads in my used tire box so i used them. i took the rubber part of the tire out of the robart hubs and cut the flange off the rubber tire and just put it over the stock hubs and have ~20 flights on that.

Joe

Comment

• sfcfury It's the Robart UX350 I believe. Whatever the same size of the stock ones are. And I use the stock rims. You have to modify the inner part of the tire, carefully cutting rubber, to make them fit the rim but if you take off just the flange they fit and work great. Here's a photo of how I turned the tire inside out to cut the flange. Again, be conservative with your cutting. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211107_180827.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	329240

Comment

• I'm very happy with how they perform. I did purchase the soft tires from HH but they were backordered, so once I received them I had already been flying with the Robarts and I see no reason to switch.

Comment

I'm very happy with how they perform. I did purchase the soft tires from HH but they were backordered, so once I received them I had already been flying with the Robarts and I see no reason to switch.
                                          me too.

my robarts were old and when i took them out of the clam shell one of the rubber flanges was already worn through. so i did the same as you, i had to cut a little of the rubber that rests against the stock hub to make it fit correctly within the hub. probably because mine was 3.75 dia .25 larger than yours.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                                          X