X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
    Pretty spectacular. I envy your patience. Also, what do you mean it's done? This is a hobby, nothing is finished until you sell it.
    Haha, believe me I am done customising this plane. There is nothing left to add.
    Tolga
    Instagram: @_t01ga_
    YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• For anyone who is interested in seeing all the details on my plane here is video...
      Tolga

Comment

• Thanks for posting. The video does show what a great job you did. I would be afraid to pick it up LOL.
        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• quitcherbitchen thanks mate, appreciate it. I had a great dilemma when it came to clear coat between flat and semi-gloss. I must admit I am quite disappointed how the semi-gloss darken my green, masked the light fading of the paint effect and came out shinier than I wanted. Just have to wait natural weathering to take its course. It has been a big learning curve and a great journey.
          Tolga

Comment

• Tolga, I apologize if you already know this, but you can apply a really thin coat, over the semi gloss, with the flat to knock down the sheen. It probably won't do anything to restore the green. But I definitely have top coated gloss with matte for that same reason.

Assuming you used water based poly or acrylic, or polycrylic.

Comment

• SanExup It is a good idea. I can airbrush a lighter green in areas where I want it to fade then put a very light flat coat on the whole plane. I think I see if it flies first 😉 then do the extra work. Thanks buddy
              Tolga

Comment

• My re-paint, looking much better IMHO

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark102 View Post
                  My re-paint, looking much better IMHO
                  Looks good shark! What are you using for the aerial?

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Looks good shark! What are you using for the aerial?
                    It’s approx 3/32 para cord with 2 springs on either end.. a bit thick I know but wanted it to hold up well.

Comment

• How/what did you use to mask the cowl?

Comment

• I masked off the whole cowl and painted it white. Then used a combination of vinyl decals and painted black squares. Then a covered everything in a satin clear coat.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	02BEF984-0468-456B-9E9E-9EEEFB6C3C40.jpeg
Views:	491
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	309959Click image for larger version

Name:	882B134D-D23E-494F-B08F-3556728EF0B1.jpeg
Views:	499
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	309963Click image for larger version

Name:	53304C33-618D-4B55-91BB-033E37EBE748.jpeg
Views:	554
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	309961Click image for larger version

Name:	092D9B00-B581-437B-83DE-58C9C068723B.jpeg
Views:	505
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	309960Click image for larger version

Name:	34C5FD8D-C050-4FDF-9C69-B15D0E68F0F6.jpeg
Views:	489
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	309962Click image for larger version

Name:	DBA5DCF9-4C1C-43E8-9444-340E86C880A5.jpeg
Views:	506
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	309958 Some static shots from the field!
                          Tolga

Comment

• t01ga Of course all of the details you have done are amazing. I am drawn to the stenciled numbers. This is one detail I feel like I have to attempt. Did you print numbers and create the stencil template? Do you mind me asking what the dimensions are? They look perfect. The quality it gives versus a decal is outstanding.

Comment

• SanExup Thanks man, appreciate that. You are right; I printed the number and placed a thin clear plastic over and cut it out. The “3” is 3” tall and 1 3/4” wide. Having a clear stencil helps with accurate placement.Click image for larger version

Name:	3F3D89DF-B80E-4B6F-999C-4C1E6EFBC7F3.jpeg
Views:	471
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	309992
                              Tolga

Comment

• Thank you!! My weekend project now!

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                                  SanExup Thanks man, appreciate that. You are right; I printed the number and placed a thin clear plastic over and cut it out. The “3” is 3” tall and 1 3/4” wide. Having a clear stencil helps with accurate placement.Click image for larger version

Name:	3F3D89DF-B80E-4B6F-999C-4C1E6EFBC7F3.jpeg
Views:	471
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	309992
                                  If you have access to a cricut machine you can get .02mm film and cut out mask templates on it. I use a light mist of repositionable tack on the film and haven't had a mask peel the paint underneath yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

If you have access to a cricut machine you can get .02mm film and cut out mask templates on it. I use a light mist of repositionable tack on the film and haven't had a mask peel the paint underneath yet.
                                    Thanks for the suggestion, I should look into that.
                                    Tolga

Comment

• Gilatrout I had a look, those machines are not cheap. I think I stick to old school which is perfectly alright for what we are trying to achieve.
                                      Tolga

Comment

• The
                                        Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                                        Gilatrout I had a look, those machines are not cheap. I think I stick to old school which is perfectly alright for what we are trying to achieve.

I have the cricut air. The full model is overkill and has features not useful for the hobby. I got mine for a little over $100

I also use it With my laser printer to create custom waterslide decals. The cricut cuts the decal precisely at the border so depending on the decal, there is no Glossy border

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                                          Gilatrout I had a look, those machines are not cheap. I think I stick to old school which is perfectly alright for what we are trying to achieve.
                                          The old school laser printer?

There is a quality to something that is near perfect but still wears the signs of being done by hand. Even assisted by the laser printer.

Maybe I'm nuts but in my mind it's like comparing a near perfect drummer and a drum machine. The gifted drummer will always sound better to me. I think someone with the patience to meticulously create or work something by hand is greatly rewarded in the result. As are the people who get a chance to see it or hear it. I'll try to be quiet about it because it is just an Efite Fw 190 1.5 meter foam rc plane, but it's damn near perfect!

Comment

Working...
                                          X