Clear All

• SanExup yeah!!! Please don’t be quite, it is music to my ears
    Tolga
    Instagram: @_t01ga_
    YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Loving this plane in the grass.

Comment

• i really like this fw190a..flys great when u listen to advise from others lol.. all the statements about landing with some power seem true as i tryed a no power and stalled it from about 2 feet up and it came down on left main,, no damage to plane but the retract quit and now have to wait for july to get a new one from hh...if anyone knows where i can get a new or used retract unit please let me know as i dont want to wait for july

Comment

• For those that have used Callie Graphics what scale did you use? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by jseese View Post
            For those that have used Callie Graphics what scale did you use? Thanks!
            I usually just tell her which model I'm working with and she sends the correct scale automatically.

The Eflite FW190 is approximately 1:7 scale
            I made my own waterslide or painted graphics, and my friend did the Russian front winter camo using a combination of some of mine and Callie's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210429_172858769.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	314463
            Attached Files

Comment

• jseese

​​​​​​​
              Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
              I received my graphics from Callie and I believe them to be on the small side. I calculated scale of the plane at 1/7 and ordered accordingly. I also ordered the nomenclature and find those to be on the large side. If I did it again, I'd order the 1/6 scale decal sheet.

Comment

• Does anyone have a guide for the nomenclature placement? Thanks!

Comment

• How you guys remove the old decals without ruining the surface.

Comment

• That's not possible completely. It will leave an outline where the decal was. If your repainting, I use packing tape or paint over them.

Comment

• What can you do to support the elv. rod from flexing?

Thnaks

Comment

• Originally posted by bobtheman View Post
                        What can you do to support the elv. rod from flexing?

Thnaks
                        I did two things to my EFlite 190, to stop the Elevator pushrod from flexing.

First, I wedged a piece of foam up against the pushrod tube inside the fuselage. The pushrod still wanted to bend, so I replaced the wimpy stock pushrod with a beefier pushrod. I used a 2-56 rod for my pushrod. It is almost too fat for the pushrod tube, but it’s worked fine for me for over 60 flights.
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                          That's not possible completely. It will leave an outline where the decal was. If your repainting, I use packing tape or paint over them.
                          I remove the decal. I've had bad luck with factoring over some decals. Once removed, feather in an acrylic paint to act as a primer and level the affected area. Usually I use a Vallejo white. I just add it until I get it feeling smooth across the transition. I rarely try to make it perfect because usually a new decal is going where the old one was and this hides most flaws

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

I did two things to my EFlite 190, to stop the Elevator pushrod from flexing.

First, I wedged a piece of foam up against the pushrod tube inside the fuselage. The pushrod still wanted to bend, so I replaced the wimpy stock pushrod with a beefier pushrod. I used a 2-56 rod for my pushrod. It is almost too fat for the pushrod tube, but it’s worked fine for me for over 60 flights.
                            Thanks for your help

Comment

• Mostly finished with my repaint on my FW 190. Nowotny’s white 10 winter splinter

Comment

• T- Elbert So badass!

Comment

• Thanks SanExup

Comment

• T- Elbert I LOVE THIS, well done!
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Need a La 7 or MiG 3 to go with it. Nice work Travis

Comment

• A Yak 9 would be cool too
                                        but La-7’s are bitchin

Comment

• Originally posted by T- Elbert View Post
                                          Mostly finished with my repaint on my FW 190. Nowotny’s white 10 winter splinter
                                          TE, Superb work. Just a great job on your repaint. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X