Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems I made a post and it disappeared... With the release of the HH FW catching my attention I decided to get one but not the HH. A 20% coupon, no tax and no shipping swung me towards the Hobby King one.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      Seems I made a post and it disappeared... With the release of the HH FW catching my attention I decided to get one but not the HH. A 20% coupon, no tax and no shipping swung me towards the Hobby King one.
      The 1.6m Starmax Wurger? Good luck with the blasted gear!
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

I talked to a friend that got one a few months ago and hasn’t had any gear problems. Maybe it’s better than older ones? At $260 shipped I can try it...

Comment

Evan, you can always replace the crappy LG controller with one from LX. I'm in the process of doing that now for mine. I keep getting distracted with other builds, to actually replace the controller and get my Starmax FW-190 back in the air.
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

Is the issue the same as what people had with the MiG17?

Comment

Yes. The MiG-17 also has the gear controller that is separate from the gear motor. My MiG-17 has been down because of the gear, too. I'd forgotten about it. :-/
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

I have the MiG and had zero issues but I know others have.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                  But polka dots??? My eyes are still bleeding.
                  Perhaps try joining the dots and see what kind of scheme appears. A Swastika on the vertical stab should make them disappear...

Comment

No matter how they have finished this Plane. You will a few chronic complainers to bash the finish. The fix is simple, if you do not like it and change it complaining will not help. I repaint almost all my planes after flying or the minute I take them out of the box. Get over it if you can not do this do not buy one it's that simple

Comment

Polka dots are for bombers

Click image for larger version

Name:	PolkaDotWarriors04.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	295186

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                        Polka dots are for bombers

Click image for larger version  Name:	PolkaDotWarriors04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.4 KB ID:	295186
                        At least polka-dot ugly has a purpose, when the aircraft WANTS to be seen, to establish the bomber boxes for a mission.
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                          No matter how they have finished this Plane. You will a few chronic complainers to bash the finish. The fix is simple, if you do not like it and change it complaining will not help. I repaint almost all my planes after flying or the minute I take them out of the box. Get over it if you can not do this do not buy one it's that simple
                          It isn't so much that people don't like the finish, but in this case, horizon was just lazy. It is this laziness that I'm objecting to. In truth, it would have been easier to just half ass a bunch of random splotches instead of a template of polka dots, and it while it may have looked wrong to the scale monkey on our backs, it wouldn't have looked bad and wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

It isn't so much that people don't like the finish, but in this case, horizon was just lazy. It is this laziness that I'm objecting to. In truth, it would have been easier to just half ass a bunch of random splotches instead of a template of polka dots, and it while it may have looked wrong to the scale monkey on our backs, it wouldn't have looked bad and wrong.

Amen! The mottling job was just friggin' lazy. I'd have much rather have gotten the FW-190 with no mottling on it at all (and decals not applied... and maybe they aren't, I don't know), leaving the end user to add the mottling if he/she desired. The HK Bf-109E-4 is a good example. The fuselage sides were a solid RLM 65, which is accurate of many early war 109's. Many of us (myself included) chose to add mottling and Callie decal sets, to represent the plane that we wanted to model. Polka dot mottling is horrendous.
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

I said 'eff it' and got the RTF with receiver and battery etc... for $549. The PNP is $459... The F4U was the same price... but I do understand that the F4U was a 100mm bigger... I wish they would have went with a 1600 vs. 1500... but it looks like a pretty damn solid plane... I like all the small things they have done with it.... screw on weaponry, the way the wings break down etc. I'm looking forward to it.
                              And hey... repainting is half the fun! lol..

Comment

Hey that's the wonder bread airplane

Comment

Did anyone receive their Eflite Fw-190 yet ?

Comment

You guys that preordered, have your credit cards been charged? I see the invoice on the HH website, but it's still showing as $0, and the charge hasn't shown up on my credit card either. I'll admit that i'll be a bit PO'd if the planes show up in LHS's before we pre-orderers get ours.
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                      You guys that preordered, have your credit cards been charged? I see the invoice on the HH website, but it's still showing as $0, and the charge hasn't shown up on my credit card either. I'll admit that i'll be a bit PO'd if the planes show up in LHS's before we pre-orderers get ours.

I'm pretty sure they won't charge until it ships. This can be fun if your cc happens to expire before then.

Comment

I noticed that the BNF Basic and BNF Combo versions are showing "in stock" on the HH website but the PNP version is still showing "preorder". Figures the version I ordered will be the last in stock. Oh well, I've got a few repairs to do to my 1400mm FMS Pitts before I can begin repainting the 190 fuselage anyway. Seems I misjudged the position of my shop stool the other night and when I attempted to sit on it, it moved and I fell backward into the Pitts and a sickening cracking noise. Crushed the plastic cabane strut assembly and broke one of the interplane struts but other than that only minor cosmetic issues. New parts arrive today so it should be good-to-go by the weekend. Hopefully the 190 will ship by then. BTW, I was uninjured by the fall, other than my pride of course.

Comment

Got my ship notice yesterday- Fedex says it will be delivered tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                          X