Official FlightLine 1600mm B-25J Mitchell PNP Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Elbee
    replied
    Denniswpb

    Why yes, I do have a "Heavenly Body" decal.

    PM me your vitals.

    Best, LB

    Leave a comment:


  • Denniswpb
    replied
    Does anyone have the light blue decal "Heavenly Body"?? I just need the script, not the picture of the girl. Thx

    Leave a comment:


  • Denniswpb
    replied
    I had this one made at Home Depot in flat, but I wished I had it made in eggshell. Not exact,but it was close enough and I was getting tired of running around. I sprayed the entire plane in this and put a coat of clear satin over it. Thanks!!

    Leave a comment:


  • RRHandy
    replied
    They can match from the 12 digit at the bottom.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fast N Light
    replied
    Originally posted by Denniswpb
    I'm trying to match the Olive Drab paint for the B-25. Guys, I appreciate the advice in previous posts to go to Home Depot,Lowes, ACE, etc and ask them to do a paint match, I've been doing that for years but rarely does it come out really close. If you have found a paint match that's pretty "Dead Nuts On" then PLEASE post the paint formula from the sample jar! Just take a picture of it and share it. I hate reinventing the wheel and playing "let's try this one", if someone already has cracked the code. Thanks!!
    Home Depot did a great job with mine. Unfortunately, the label has faded quite a bit. Probably should take a photo at time of purchase......

    I used a satin base as that seemed closest to the OEM finish. If using flat base, try a satin top coat. It might come in better.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5724.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	426486
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Denniswpb
    replied
    I'm trying to match the Olive Drab paint for the B-25. Guys, I appreciate the advice in previous posts to go to Home Depot,Lowes, ACE, etc and ask them to do a paint match, I've been doing that for years but rarely does it come out really close. If you have found a paint match that's pretty "Dead Nuts On" then PLEASE post the paint formula from the sample jar! Just take a picture of it and share it. I hate reinventing the wheel and playing "let's try this one", if someone already has cracked the code. Thanks!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Elbee
    replied
    Mitchell Mob,

    While researching my research for the B-25C "Desert Warrior", I ran across the 'Factory Markings & Finishes' data in one of my books, B-25 Mitchell the Ultimate Look, page 157.

    Best, LB

    Click image for larger version

Name:	B-25 Colors Markings.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	424416



    Leave a comment:


  • Larry D
    replied
    6S or 2x4S? Just curious guys. I've been flying my B-25 on 6S since day one in August 20, 2023 and have enjoyed every flight. I do have a question though. Have any of you flying the B-25 ever flown it with 2 x 4S lipos? Flying on 6S, while lots of fun, doesn't always present as scale. I have never tried it and wanted to see if any of you have and if so, what was the result? I guess I'm too chicken to try it myself first . BTW, lots of you guys have done such fantastic work on your mods and repaints. They are all winners and so are you!

    Leave a comment:


  • Fast N Light
    replied
    My gunship​ conversion in a fantasy livery...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3485.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	421990 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3490.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	421991 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4615.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	421992 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5171.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	421993 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3752CLOSEUP.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	421994

    Leave a comment:


  • Aros
    replied
    Very nice! Well done.

    Leave a comment:


  • Charlee
    replied
    "Flight" photos.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PBJ-Flight-15sm.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	421605​

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PBJ-Flight-8sm.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	421606

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PBJ-Flight-6sm.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	421607

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PBJ-Flight-29sm.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	421608​​​

    Leave a comment:


  • Charlee
    replied
    I detailed the top turret by using 1/32" chrome tape on the dome and sections of the bottom of a Diet Dr. Pepper aluminum can to make the slot shields.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	B-25-FL-2-sm.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	421156 Click image for larger version

Name:	B-25 Turret-2smjpg.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	421155

    Leave a comment:


  • Charlee
    replied
    I wasn't going to detail the bomb bay doors until Davegee did his. I cut it out of .015 Evergreen plastic sheet and found a hole punch that was the right size (3/8"). The factory specs that I have for the interior colors for the B-25 specify that the doors remain nature aluminum. Dave, please check in. We haven't heard from you in a while.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PBJ-FL-12sm.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	421152
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B-25 Bomb Bay-2sm.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	421153

    Leave a comment:


  • Grossman56
    replied
    Great job Charlee!!

    Grossman56
    (Dangerous Dan)

    Leave a comment:


  • borntoolate
    replied
    Very nice job!!


    Bob

    Leave a comment:


  • Elbee
    replied
    Charlee

    Beautiful repaint and detail work.

    Bravo Zulu.

    Best, LB

    Leave a comment:


  • Charlee
    replied
    Except for a few minor details, the conversion of the B-25J into a PBJ-iJ is complete.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PBJ-FL-4sm.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	510.1 KB
ID:	420761​

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PBJ-FL-5sm.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	416.3 KB
ID:	420762​

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PBJ-FL-7sm.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	420763​

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PBJ-FL-11sm.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	420764​

    Leave a comment:


  • Aros
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlee
    What is the connector with a yellow wire marked "reverse brake" for and what does it plug into?
    If you have the spare channel you can add that reverse brake on your receiver and assign the switch on your radio to activate that function which basically acts like a speed brake to slow your landing roll out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Charlee
    replied
    What is the connector with a yellow wire marked "reverse brake" for and what does it plug into?

    Leave a comment:


  • FlightlineB-25
    replied
    How much room do you need to fly this plane?

    Leave a comment:

Working...