Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice I think it would, that would make me happy if it worked

Comment

• Did you make up your own parallel adapter for 2 esc's to one 6 cell battery? OV10 says this will not work..... I'm not sure of his reasoning...

Comment

• Originally posted by lpcustom73 View Post
        Did you make up your own parallel adapter for 2 esc's to one 6 cell battery? OV10 says this will not work..... I'm not sure of his reasoning...
        Since you seemed to be a little argumentative to my prior response to you by making a remark to Ohm's Law(which I learned in basic electrical theory class in the Navy in the early 70's), lets start by getting a clarification of what you are talking about when you refer to a 6 cell battery. Do you really mean a 6S battery? If this is the case, this F7F and the P-38 is not design for that 22.2vdc power system. I did infer that a parallel adapter from 2 esc's into one battery will work if you go back reread my remark.
        Back in my early corporate career I was a microwave RF design engineer and have given many a Sqawker sound electrical advice here and will be glad to assist you if you clearly state your issue.
        With best regards,
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

ov10 check ohms law, the load is parallel, not the voltage. The voltage is split between the motors.....
          Absolutely incorrect
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Did you make up your own parallel adapter for 2 esc's to one 6 cell battery? OV10 says this will not work..... I'm not sure of his reasoning...
            A "parallel" adapter connects two batteries to one ESC or one battery to two ESCs and the voltage remains the same (two 4S 14.4V to one 14.4V ESC) or (one 4S 14.4V to two 14.4V ESCs) voltage always stays the same. A "series" adapter connects two batteries in a series which doubles their voltage (two 4S 14.4V to one 8S 28.8V ESC) but you can't split the voltage of a single battery.
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

A "parallel" adapter connects two batteries to one ESC or one battery to two ESCs and the voltage remains the same (two 4S 14.4V to one 14.4V ESC) or (one 4S 14.4V to two 14.4V ESCs) voltage always stays the same. A "series" adapter connects two batteries in a series which doubles their voltage (two 4S 14.4V to one 8S 28.8V ESC) but you can't split the voltage of a single battery.
              Basically what I said to him in my first response but not in that many words. Thanx TI for doing the long hand. ;)
              Warbird Charlie

Comment

• I wonder if he understands why it's called 3s or 4s packs. As in 3 cells in a series, or 4 cells in a series. Ive seen a 6s p2 this is setup to double you're capacity of the 6s packs. And then there is a 6sX2 or 12 cells in series.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Basically what I said to him in my first response but not in that many words. Thanx TI for doing the long hand. ;)
                  Just didn't want anyone trying that and smoking their ESCs.
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• No kidding. According to the stickers on the escs they will handle 6s, however with those motors I think not

Comment

No, I went to a single 6200mAh 4s battery instead of two 4000mAh 4s battery's for weight reduction. The P38 always felt too heavy to me in the air.

Comment

• Also why I wanted to fly my 5000 4S in this like I do with the P38

Comment

• It's going to be tough to fit a single larger 4S pack in this bird. Not because there's not enough room, but because your only choice for positioning is in the rear battery compartment. The front battery tray cannot be modified as it also serves as the housing for the nose retract system. Getting the proper CG by using a single pack will be challenging, but I'd like to see someone make it work!
                          Pat

Comment

• Worst case I could extend the upper tray and use screws to anchor an extension pice of plywood. Otherwise I will use my 2650s

Comment

Can the Tigercat be run on the same 6 cell adapter available for the P 38, This adapter is a parallel adapter, which provides approximately 3 cells to each motor....... less voltage overall.
                              I'll go back to the original post and see if I can help with this. The Tigercat flies on two 4S (meaning a lipo with 4 cells wrapped and connected up to a single power output supplying 14.8v) packs. You cannot take a 6S lipo, hook it up to some kind of adapter, and expect the adapter to split the voltage of the pack. This is physically impossible as the power leads coming out of the 6S pack will be 22.2v total.

For the P-38, many of us are using a larger single 4S lipo, and we use a special adapter that allows us to hook both ESC leads to the single lipo pack, but we are still only using 4S. For example, instead of using 2 4S 3600 or 4000 packs, I use a single 4S 6200 pack for my P-38, so in essence I'm using "two" 4S 3100 packs, and the adapter I use is just like this:

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...el-esc-adapter

This plug lets me plug the single lead from my lipo into both of the ESC leads so that the single pack is supplying power to both ESCs simultaneously. It does not split the lipo into two 2S packs, one for each motor, it just splits the power leads so that both are sharing the same 14.8v from the pack.

Now for the Tigercat, like I stated above it will be tough to use a single larger 4S pack to power both ESCs. However, if you can find a lipo that fits and can still make CG, then the principle used for the P-38 will apply the same for the Tigercat.
                              Pat

Comment

• Or a nice block of foam in the lower tray

Comment

• Hard headed I am, success or death for this Army NCO.

Comment

• That's the Army for you. Us Air Force types read the manual instead. :D
                                    Pat

Comment

• Lol indeed. Glad to know ya brother. Was in Iraq in 09-10.

Comment

• Thank you for your service, rifleman_btx!
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hooah!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X