• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo! Tigercats are back in stock!

Comment

• Finally, mine is on it's way!!
      Can't wait to get this one built!
      The weather is finally smartening up, so the garage is going to be paint land for this one, fresh air is a must.
      Measured the box of the pick up and it looks like I'll have to yank wings to get her to the field, so I'll have to design a stand as well. But still, the wait is over. She'll get a coat of Krylon foam primer, then aluminum grey with pearl mixed into her, then a couple of coats of pearl, decals and then a couple of clear coats. Should look like a million bucks and fly as well too!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        Finally, mine is on it's way!!
        Can't wait to get this one built!
        The weather is finally smartening up, so the garage is going to be paint land for this one, fresh air is a must.
        Measured the box of the pick up and it looks like I'll have to yank wings to get her to the field, so I'll have to design a stand as well. But still, the wait is over. She'll get a coat of Krylon foam primer, then aluminum grey with pearl mixed into her, then a couple of coats of pearl, decals and then a couple of clear coats. Should look like a million bucks and fly as well too!!

Grossman56
        Can't wait to see your La Patrona next to my -2D Drone Controller @ NEFI. :Cool:
        I don't care how many go fast 38's ya have, someone will maybe be wishing they had a Tiger there. ;)LOL
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hmmm, who could that be??
          All kidding aside, don't care what you bring, it'll just be so great to be together again!
          My list of planes changes from day to day, definitely the Tigercat and the Bearcat though.
          There is going to be a flight line to beat all flight lines this year!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• I ordered a second F7 because the first one had issue, although minor, I was not satisfied with it in terms of the build and the foam defects. I cannot now because of hand surgery. I hope the get the Cat out in the next 2-weekw or so. No use trying now and loose a plane from hand weakness. I have been reading the threads looking for new ideas for the next one. Many thanks for all the posts on this one.

Comment

• Good luck with the new one, and sending prayers for quick healing of your hands

Comment

• Yelp they are back in stock and my second one will arrive on Wednesday. Learned from the build of the first one, which I have not flown yet. The build on the second is usually better. I saw one fly at the field the other day and it was thrilling to see this big bird fly.

Comment

• Sorry about your hand Peonix. I wish you a speedy recovery and our prayers are with you. Hope the next build is better.
                  Dewey l

Comment

• Tomorrow..............She's supposed to be here tomorrow.............She's in Casper, Wyoming right now.............I could drive down there............no.........she'll be here tomorrow.......................

Grossman56 anxiously awaits................
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• A few more pictures of the progress and options added
                      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                        A few more pictures of the progress and options added
                        Brandon, it all looks awesome! Does it still fly? Ready to see her in action!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Brandon, it all looks awesome! Does it still fly? Ready to see her in action!!!
                          Well you should have been here today then ;) Test flight went off without incident...fly's great, just as expected. I'll post flight video later.
                          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post

Well you should have been here today then ;) Test flight went off without incident...fly's great, just as expected. I'll post flight video later.
                            Excellent!! Looking forward to the videos. Excited to see her in the air with all of the new upgrades.

Comment

• Now that she's proven, it's time to drift back to my other shelved projects....the P-61 & Duke B60

Click image for larger version  Name:	Brandon's Modified FlightlineRC 1600mm F7F-3 Tigercat with Folding W (7).JPG Views:	2 Size:	153.2 KB ID:	72088Click image for larger version  Name:	Brandon's Modified FlightlineRC 1600mm F7F-3 Tigercat with Folding W (6).JPG Views:	2 Size:	143.2 KB ID:	72089Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0690.JPG Views:	3 Size:	122.7 KB ID:	72085 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0725.JPG Views:	3 Size:	105.6 KB ID:	72090Click image for larger version  Name:	image_9580.jpg Views:	2 Size:	144.7 KB ID:	72086
                              Attached Files
                              Brandon Moon

Comment

• correct cg on the tigercat

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwc373 View Post
                                  correct cg on the tigercat

Welcome to Hobby Squawk!....I use 70mm and it flies great!
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looks awesome Brandon!

-----------

Dwc373, For CG as long as it's around the forward wing bolt screw, right side up, wheels down is what I use. It's pretty forgiving on CG with that wide wing chord.

Comment

• Great job Brandon! Can't wait to see her in person.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                        Great job Brandon! Can't wait to see her in person.
                                        Thanks, You're not that far away, come on over and take a look any time ;)

You can also see Tony's "Spruce Goose" I'm holding for him to come pick up in a few weeks.
                                        Brandon Moon

Comment

• Boy shes packing alot of ordinace. Ready for an order from Mr Trump huh?:Not-Talking:LOL
                                          Dewey l

Comment

Working...
                                          X