Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine RC 1600mm F7F-3 Tigercat Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. I'm sure I have the right ones in place. I can make the flap rods work if I crank out the clevis but don't know if I feel comfortable with the amount the clevis has to be taken out. I agree the rest of the rods were great. Guess I'll head to my local hobby shop today.

Comment

• Yeah, mine were on the short side too, but they worked. You just have to lay them all out first to make sure you have the correct lengths for each surface. And for the flaps, makes sure the servo control arms are as far as they can go angle wise.
      Pat

Comment

• We had a guy - Martin - who flies with us bring one of these out this past Sunday, first time I've seen the production version in person (saw an early one at AMA Expo) and it's far, far more gorgeous than I ever expected.

Pictures are by our field photographer Dennis.

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful aircraft flown by a great pilot! Sold me on one. Soon™

Comment

• Very nice

Comment

• Hi Rampage, this deep blue color fits very well !!

Comment

• Originally posted by flyrcairplanes View Post
              Thanks. I'm sure I have the right ones in place. I can make the flap rods work if I crank out the clevis but don't know if I feel comfortable with the amount the clevis has to be taken out. I agree the rest of the rods were great. Guess I'll head to my local hobby shop today.
              Can you make them work by taking off and resetting the servo arms?
              Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Yep, what mudduck said. Without pulling the servos and re-indexing the arms I had to max out through the radio the flap servos to get them all the way up (especially outboard flaps) and that's with the clevis' turned almost too far out. Those particular rods could easily have been made 10-15mm longer. All the others fit pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyrcairplanes View Post
                  Almost done but as I was trying to put on the aileron rods/clevises I noticed they were too short. Did those clevises work for anyone else or am I missing something? thanks again
                  Make sure you have the right size pushrods, there are three different sizes!
                  Check out Ryan's build video, I had to sort mine out and there is very little difference in length between some of them.
                  As Ryan mentioned, I had to sub trim my flap servos so they reached back in order to get the pushrods to work, rather than unscrewing them out to the maximum.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks everyone. Yes I have lots more travel in the servo. when I set travel to -150 the rod is long enough. I will have to look into sub trim as I have not used it before.

Comment

• Me personally, I'd plug the servo in with all trims zero'd out, then remove the servo arm and put it back on in the proper position. Then you have all of your trims to adjust as needed. I've had to do this on a few of my planes when the servo arm was too far forward for the flaps.
                      Pat

Comment

• Awesome pics. :)

Comment

• I'm also having issues with the Prop Hub and center screw - either the thru hole had no shoulder for the screw to fix the hub down on the shaft or during tightening the plastic compressed thru and now the hub cant be secured with the screw - the Prop just pulls off straight thru - no screw retention lip left in the hub???
                          Need a different Prop /Hub/shaft solution

Comment

• Originally posted by FlaTTop View Post
                            I'm also having issues with the Prop Hub and center screw - either the thru hole had no shoulder for the screw to fix the hub down on the shaft or during tightening the plastic compressed thru and now the hub cant be secured with the screw - the Prop just pulls off straight thru - no screw retention lip left in the hub???
                            Need a different Prop /Hub/shaft solution
                            Hello FlaTTop and welcome to the Squawk,
                            I have not seen another post on this forum or the other concerning the issue you bring up about the screw shoulder in the Prop Hub(spinner).
                            You either got one with a defective molding or you over torqued the screw.
                            Contact Motion Customer Service and they will help determine the root cause and bring resolution ;)
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Got the engines done and reinstalled. It may be hard to see, but I modded the top of the engine with the two extra 'bumps' and increased the size of the center piece as well. La Patrona's motors are black, so .....
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9634.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	73337
                              Also, added some exhaust to the top and outer stacks
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9636.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	73338Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9637.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	73339Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9638.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	73340
                              That's about as far as I'm going on her for now, I'd like to get a set of the gear replacements but, they're out of stock, so I have to wait, I like the idea of having suspension especially on our field.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• She really looks good Dan. Great job:Cool:.
                                Dewey l

Comment

• The "La Patrona" pics look fantastic. Of course, its a fantastic plane, so.....

Earlier this week I ordered the "upgrade" sprung gear for the mains and received them yesterday. (I didn't order the upgrade nose gear because it doesn't look close to scale). I figure the spring suspension on the main gear will help if I make a hard landing! Anyway - no problem with installation and they appear to be identical to the originals in terms of size and position.

But they don't retract as well, they seem to have more trouble than the originals for some reason.
                                  When I lower the gear, the wheels seem to be getting stuck on the doors.
                                  Doesn't make sense since everything seems to be the same.
                                  I changed the position of the spring (I moved the attachment point on one side to make it slightly looser) and that seemed to help. Anyone else have this problem?

I'll add a pic later tonight.
                                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hey Themudduck, first of all, welcome to the forum. Maybe Ryan can chime in on this as I've watched his video and it seems to work pretty well . That's something I want to do as well but, like you , I'm looking for a more scale look on the front strut, so I'm going with OV-10's nose strut mod.

Just got to figure a way to con him into drilling the hole for me.;)

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• BTW, been meaning to ask, has anyone figured a place to mount a gyro in this plane??
                                      The fuse is so tight that just getting the receiver in was a challenge.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Here's a quick& crappy phone-video I took of the retraction sequence, with the new shock-absorbing strut installed.
                                        https://www.dropbox.com/s/1aevd0n3p6...91103.mp4?dl=0

Its BORING because everything works perfectly, but this was only after I moved the spring to make it slightly looser.

Well, I guess it doesn't matter... as long as it works properly then who cares if the spring is in a different spot. I just thought it was odd that I needed to do anything.
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                          BTW, been meaning to ask, has anyone figured a place to mount a gyro in this plane??
                                          The fuse is so tight that just getting the receiver in was a challenge.

Grossman56
                                          Aren't there 4 mounting posts above the multi-connectors that can be used to mount a gyro?
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X