Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just had a look at where you suggest. The trouble is that the wing connectors plug into each side and wouldn't be removable, and I'm thinking I may have to pull wings to transport her.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• I also thought about putting it there and even built a platform to mount it on for that location, but it makes getting at the wing connectors and crowd everything in that area.
      The other option I saw and considered as a good location... is mounted inverted underneath the center PCB, but then it wouldn't be very inaccessible for any kind of changes or simple maintenance. But is about the best place I looked at in locating a stabilizer.

On the other hand....once you have it setup and everything stabilizing in the right direction....you rarely have to get back to them to do anything....so it could be a good option and where I eventually may be putting one IF I decide to do so?
      Brandon Moon

Comment

• I flew the crap out of this bird today ;)
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I just mounted the Eagle A3 in mine to just give it a try out...not that it's really needed. I mounted it underneath the fuselage PCB Vertically and on the left side wall all the way to the bottom of the plastic floor that the PCB is mounted on. I did first plug it in and made all the necessary direction changes and mounting orientation before mounting it....I also set the gains to default
          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Cool, thanks Brandon, for such a big airplane, the space is limited. All the other birds I have have tons of room, in the case of the Pitts, it's cavernous! I even managed to get one in the RocHobby Waco, but the biggest bird in the fleet doesn't have obvious space. Ironic.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• It's that narrow fuse. Really limits the amount of space available.

Like Brandon said, this plane really does not need a gyro. Felt totally locked in on the maiden.
              Pat

Comment

• Right now what I'm playing around with is a programming mix on the DX9 that will give multi throttle operation that can be turned on/off and ability to control each motors RPM independently by use of the rudder/throttle. I'm using my Aerosky Duke B60 as the test model. So far so good.... More on this later......
                Brandon Moon

Comment

• Yep, I've come to that conclusion as well, no gyro in this one. Even sitting on the ground, she wreaks stability, I don't think she'll be any problem and if she is, well, I'll just correct it.
                  The sun came out today and along with it came the wind, hoping for better tomorrow so I can get her out to the field and in the air..
                  Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Goodluck Dan. Hope you have a great Maiden.:Cool:
                    Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Yep, I've come to that conclusion as well, no gyro in this one. Even sitting on the ground, she wreaks stability, I don't think she'll be any problem and if she is, well, I'll just correct it.
                      The sun came out today and along with it came the wind, hoping for better tomorrow so I can get her out to the field and in the air..
                      Grossman56
                      Dan, I haven't flown the F7. But with lots of experience with the 38, I can't imagine why you would need a gyro with her. Good luck on your maiden! I'm sure it will go well.
                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Today might be the day 0730 and the sun is out, still frosty but the wind is down, batteries are charging, now I just have to figure a way to get her in the dang truck!
                        Got permission to put her on the bed of the trailer while heading east, so that solves one problem, Once the Avanti is here, I can get measurements for the transport stands for the others.
                        I'm thinking Grumman day and the field.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Maidened, check it out in "Show Off Your Paint Works

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Well good for you Dan.......:Cool:
                            My Drone Controlling Kitty is waiting for the fields to unmush before it's maiden :( We got some pretty heavy rains late last week and bogged things up.
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks CB, was just thinking about you and how things were going.
                              Got the flaps settled in now and hopefully she'll be better next time, but hey, she came home in one piece!!
                              Isn't the purpose of a maiden to get her safely back on the ground?? Mission accomplished!
                              Once I had the trims adjusted, she flew quite well, I sure like the feel of her, especially those nice straight take offs, a guy could get used to nose wheels!
                              Gave her the once over and readjusted the flaps (the proper way) the only thing I find is that loading batteries is tricky and I'm sure we can all agree with that. I misunderstood Ryan when he said he used 3000's all the way forward, I was thinking 3600, Old Guy Brain again!!
                              The 3600s should be pretty well where the 4000's go. So that was my entry into:
                              1)Twin Engines
                              2)Tricycle landing gear
                              3) Lemon Receivers
                              4)Gyro-less airplanes
                              I've flown the others with the gyro shut off but if the wind is up, I turn them on, today was weird winds, but again, we came home intact

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman, I enjoyed seeing your story on your maiden flight with "LaPatrona". Great job! Boy it looks nice out in the sunshine. I was fascinated to hear that your plane dove when you used flaps - like you said, too much down elevator mix. Mine ballooned up really strongly (I guess I didn't have enough down elevator mix). So... we just have to find the right amount and it will be fine - but as other here have pointed out, this model doesn't really need flaps. I also have the 3600's and just like you said, after a 5-minute flight I had only used about 1/2 of the capacity. So much fun. Cheers!
                                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• My F7F is finally being finished. Ran across an issue when I tried to tighten the prop and the inside plastic of the prop mushroomed out and the screw went through. I didn't feel like I was cranking down on it. Anyway Motion RC was great and sent me a replacement and I bought an extra one as well. When I pulled off the other prop just to look at it I noticed this prop hub had some cracks in it so went ahead and replaced it also. Anyone else notice this? They are kind of hard to see in the picture but there all several cracks noted

Comment

• I'm going to run a second check on all my control throws, just to be sure. I measured the amount of down elevator so that it's exactly what the manual calls for, so the next flight should be a joy!
                                    Just a terrific plane and considering what I put her through on her maiden with shifting winds and no flaps, she came through with flying (no pun intended) colors.
                                    Once I get her dialed in, it should rock!
                                    One thing I'm really hot to do on her is the suspension upgrade, just waiting for the parts to come back in stock.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• I went with the recommended 2mm down on half flaps, 4mm down on full, and I've had no ballooning or porpoising issues.
                                      Pat

Comment

• I'm going with the 15 degrees at half flap and 30 at full which is a little less than recommended, so I'm going to use slightly less and see how that works. What are you using Pat?

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• I'm using the settings from the manual.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X