Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, if you ordered batteries other than the current Admirals, you could still be good to go with 3600's so long as you check the dimensions carefully. I guess I'll have to look after my old Admiral 3600's.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply's, package will be here Monday! Through reading the posts on this forum I have decided to put the Minwax coating on this model, looking forward to adding foam to the work shop ! I feel better now :-)

Comment

• when applying the Spar Urethane to the model, is it done before decal application or after covering the decals as well ??

Comment

• I have done it both ways... I prefer putting one good coat on, then applying decals followed up by 2 more lite coats...

Comment

• Originally posted by Budcop View Post
            when applying the Spar Urethane to the model, is it done before decal application or after covering the decals as well ??
            I've found it best to paint over the decals rather than laying them on top of the Varathane. They tend to anchor to whatever surface is on top and tend to peel away when on top of Varathane. so I put them onto the bare or painted surface, then use Varathane or Minwax to seal them on, I've never had a problem with them peeling off. The one plane I did put the varathane on first, my Pitts always needs a little touch up with some glue to reanchor the decals.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks for the advice, I'm starting on it in the morning...

Comment

• With La Patrona, I hand painted the silver gray with 4 coats, sprayed 6 coats of pearl laid the decals on them clear coated 6 layers
                Team Gross!

Comment

• I finished assembling my Tigercat yesterday and I'm having issues with the outer flaps and ailerons binding/rubbing with each other. With no flaps deployed, the ailerons and flaps rub slightly on the trailing edge. When the flaps are deployed, the rubbing/binding become much worse. I thought about shaving some foam off either the flaps or the ailerons, but I wanted to check to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue and what they did about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 55gmcx2 View Post
                    I finished assembling my Tigercat yesterday and I'm having issues with the outer flaps and ailerons binding/rubbing with each other. With no flaps deployed, the ailerons and flaps rub slightly on the trailing edge. When the flaps are deployed, the rubbing/binding become much worse. I thought about shaving some foam off either the flaps or the ailerons, but I wanted to check to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue and what they did about it.
                    Do you mean the flaps are rubbing on the TE of the wing, or are the flaps rubbing against the aileron?
                    I didn't have this problem with mine.

But if a flap is rubbing against the edge of the aileron, shaving off a tiny sliver using a sharp razor blade to provide a small gap certainly won't affect anything (except to remove the rubbing). Of course it will expose a little white foam, but you can paint that.
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Do you mean the flaps are rubbing on the TE of the wing, or are the flaps rubbing against the aileron?
                      I didn't have this problem with mine.

But if a flap is rubbing against the edge of the aileron, shaving off a tiny sliver using a sharp razor blade to provide a small gap certainly won't affect anything (except to remove the rubbing). Of course it will expose a little white foam, but you can paint that.
                      The flaps are rubbing against the ailerons. I used a fine file and filed a wider gap between the ailerons and the flaps. All is good now.

Comment

• Finally flew my Tiger today after purchasing it last November. Two great flights with the non-stock battery setup. I'm using two G-Force 4000 30c 4s batteries with the CG @65mm gear down. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	94366Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.JPG
Views:	574
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	94367

Comment

• Pbatbob congrates on your maidein. I have not puchased this plane yet and was just wondering about your overall prespective of it.
                          Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                            Pbatbob congrates on your maidein. I have not puchased this plane yet and was just wondering about your overall prespective of it.
                            This being my second twin I have to say it flies beautifully. It beats my P-38 hands down for flying ease. I'll have more input as I obtain more flying time with her but I was very impressed. It took off great and only needed very slight trimming. I haven't used the flaps yet as today I had a 12mph head wind and they weren't required. She's not a fast plane but she does flies scale, which I prefer. My biggest concern was the cg discussions and the drastic change of cg between gear up/gear down. I've done a lot of cosmetic mods to mine, but nothing that would change it's flying characteristics from the stock version. I was so happy when I came home I ordered another set of batteries and a set of props (just in case). If you can fly a war bird, this is a piece cake. I'd almost say if a trainer bores you, you're ready for this.

Comment

• I did the maiden yesterday. I will post a video of it soon. This is my impressions of it. Ground handling is great on our grass field. Tracks very well. Looks good. The stock power system is adequate at best. Not sure if anyone has done anything different but it did not have a enough pop to pull over the top in a loop. I was using brand new Admiral Pro 3600 4s batteries. So, the second flight was a little better but I found myself at full to 3/4 throttle the entire time. Attempted a half cuban 8 and it did not have enough under the hood to do it. Looked at the power upgrade system. Can you fly the 3 blades on the upgraded motors? I do not want to take away from the scale appearance with the two blade props.

Comment

• Originally posted by benjack71 View Post
                                I did the maiden yesterday. I will post a video of it soon. This is my impressions of it. Ground handling is great on our grass field. Tracks very well. Looks good. The stock power system is adequate at best. Not sure if anyone has done anything different but it did not have a enough pop to pull over the top in a loop. I was using brand new Admiral Pro 3600 4s batteries. So, the second flight was a little better but I found myself at full to 3/4 throttle the entire time. Attempted a half cuban 8 and it did not have enough under the hood to do it. Looked at the power upgrade system. Can you fly the 3 blades on the upgraded motors? I do not want to take away from the scale appearance with the two blade props.
                                Congratulations on your maiden flight!
                                You may find that the batteries will perform a little better after a few flights. Mine is all stock and I haven't had any problem doing aerobatics. I find that I have to reduce power going downhill, the model accelerates when its going down like no one's business. (My understanding is that the full-size Tigercats were the same.)

Something to mention, maybe you're already aware: the roll rate is somewhat anemic even with a lot of aileron, but you can get much crisper rolls by mixing in just a little rudder. The rudder is very effective.
                                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by benjack71 View Post
                                  Can you fly the 3 blades on the upgraded motors? I do not want to take away from the scale appearance with the two blade props.
                                  I really didn't expect that type of question :Silly: to come from you Ben. Must be huffin too much nitro lately. LOL

The upgrade motor is an 880kV which is 280 more than the stock 600.
                                  I'm sure you've hit the calculators before and have learned that power is an exponential thing here and most likely you'll roast that motor on a 3 blade.;)
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Congratulations on your maiden flight!
                                    You may find that the batteries will perform a little better after a few flights. Mine is all stock and I haven't had any problem doing aerobatics. I find that I have to reduce power going downhill, the model accelerates when its going down like no one's business. (My understanding is that the full-size Tigercats were the same.)

Something to mention, maybe you're already aware: the roll rate is somewhat anemic even with a lot of aileron, but you can get much crisper rolls by mixing in just a little rudder. The rudder is very effective.
                                    Yeah, the roll rate was part of the cuban 8 problem no doubt about it. Still not very impressed with the power output

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I really didn't expect that type of question :Silly: to come from you Ben. Must be huffin too much nitro lately. LOL

The upgrade motor is an 880kV which is 280 more than the stock 600.
                                      I'm sure you've hit the calculators before and have learned that power is an exponential thing here and most likely you'll roast that motor on a 3 blade.;)
                                      I understand the increase in the motor rpm. I do not understand how you figure it would roast the motor. It might roast the esc due to over amperage trying to turn those three blades. But the upgraded motor also has increased torque so I am still back to the question that basically centers around what is the shaft like for accepting those three blades. Two blades is more efficient and will have a increased overall top speed. But, three blades or four you have an increase in thrust at lower speed (static thrust) giving you faster acceleration and climbing. So it comes down to you can use built up speed from higher efficiency for maneuvers. Or you can have less efficiency with three blades but an increase in static thrust to push your over the top.

Comment

• Comment

• Looks good to me

Comment

Working...
                                          X