Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got to pull the wings too. I know I'll be a nervous pilot on the next flight. I don't want to lose this one, looks so good in flight.

Comment

• Might be worth replacing the electronics that are giving you a problem. I personally wouldn’t trust it if you had to bend the pins to get a good connection. Sounds like it may be a weak point that could go bad when you least expect it.

Just playing it it safe in my mind. :Whew:

Comment

• Yeah I would agree with Wolf on that one, maybe a new board in the fuse, it would be worth the 10 bucks of insurance

Comment

• Yeah, after thinking about in bed last night. I think I'm going to replace the bullet connectors with something more positive.

Comment

• got the plugs on the way so I can run the batteries and ESC's in parallel, just makes so much more sense.
            I need to improve my soldering skills again before trusting them with my airplanes. It was okay when wiring new pickups in the Strat, worst I'd get was a buzz or nothing at all. Not so with airplanes!!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Good deal, I think its tons better than just the battery per side setup

Comment

• Yep, you get to thinking about trying to trim and fly when you lose a motor, not a lot of fun there and probably a heap of crushed foam to donate to the garbage can.....
                Nah, the plugs are the way to go, call it cheap insurance. I've already had two batteries pack it in due to a dead cell, fortunately both times were in a single engine plane and I managed to land safely.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• This is true

Comment

• Got my plugs today, now running the ESCs and the batteries in parallel. Good call CB!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• T-Connector Parallel ESC Adapter (1 Source to 2 Loads) from BenchCraft - BCT5061-040 Features: Allows you to connect two electronic speed controls (ESCs) to a single battery. This will not affect the overall voltage or the mAh capacity of the power system. Specifications: Length: 40mm / 4cm Connector Type: Two female T

This is what I used to get everything working correctly.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• That'll do just fine, did your tigercat not come with xt60s though?

Comment

• Mine has deans

Comment

• Wow all the new ones I guess come with the xt60s

Comment

• Mine had/has Deans

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Yeah mine that I just bought has xt60s

Comment

• Mine also came with XT60's, but I converted them to Deans as all my batteries are Deans.

Comment

• I didnt notice if there was an option to pick a perfered connector either

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      I didnt notice if there was an option to pick a perfered connector either
                                      No option, the early ones had Deans/T connectors and now the newer ones have the XT's.
                                      The Deans/T are basically crap connectors and really should not be used on anything above 3S ;)
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I do agree with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

No option, the early ones had Deans/T connectors and now the newer ones have the XT's.
                                          The Deans/T are basically crap connectors and really should not be used on anything above 3S ;)
                                          I agree with OV10, and I'm sorry I converted mine to the Deans.Whenever Motion gets the XT's back in stock, I will convert all my Equipment to them.

Comment

Working...
                                          X