Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So in the last month I have sold 3 planes out of the surplus in the basement ( yes I admit to an addiction).

However, with money in hand, the slush fund can now support the purchase of the Tigercat.

Upgraded suspension ordered, and Callie Graphics on route.

My new kitty, will look amazing next to the P-38.

I love Flightline.

Comment

• Yes indeed!

Comment

• hi all - what would be the best thing to use to re-attach the decals? a few of the corners on mine are lifting and curling up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviron View Post
          hi all - what would be the best thing to use to re-attach the decals? a few of the corners on mine are lifting and curling up.
          Peal them off.. apply 3M77 lightly to the back f the decal, let that dry and apply a second light coat and let sit a couple of minutes then stick when its still a little wetter than tacky, but not wet enough to move after you slap it in place. (not much time between too wet and too dry)

You don't want to play with the masking for spraying the plane and decal then sticking them by the 3M77 instructions and removing any overspray adhesive will damage the paint.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviron View Post
            hi all - what would be the best thing to use to re-attach the decals? a few of the corners on mine are lifting and curling up.
            I use a toothpick and the little tubes of contact glue that come with most planes.
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• All you Tigercat fans, have you seen this?
              Two Tigercats, both factory fresh. A guy and a gal flying them, she has some trouble getting the motor started, but finally succeeds. They do a great fly past, but be sitting down when she lands...…

Filmed with a Panasonic GH5 camera - https://amzn.to/3eN0Op2 I am a EAA Warbirds Volunteer and get special access to Airshow operations. Lots of warbirds in...

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                All you Tigercat fans, have you seen this?
                Two Tigercats, both factory fresh. A guy and a gal flying them, she has some trouble getting the motor started, but finally succeeds. They do a great fly past, but be sitting down when she lands...…

Filmed with a Panasonic GH5 camera - https://amzn.to/3eN0Op2 I am a EAA Warbirds Volunteer and get special access to Airshow operations. Lots of warbirds in...

Grossman56
                Dang. Off comes the wheel/tire... Just glad the prop didn't hit the runway!!!! :Scared:

Comment

• Brakes locked up? Just glad she was on the slow roll when that happened. Could have been way worse

Comment

• It looks to me like she had a blow out as the tire came right off the rim. I'm guessing it's a tube type tire and we of the older generation remember what happens when road debris meets tube type tire....something like what I see in the vid. I give her credit though, she handled it extremely well, turning into the flat to do the minimum damage to the undercarriage, not knowing what was still there. Looks like they jacked her up and got a new wheel/tire on her. Hope they gave her a huge round of applause!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Absolutely well done

Comment

• I just put together my new tigercat, I do have a problem with the landing gear.
                        they don't come down or go up all at the same time.
                        They come down left, right and then nose.
                        Goes up in the reverse order.
                        Very unscale! Anything that can be done?

Comment

• Almost sounds like one or the other is plugged into a gear door vs gear servo slot. Check the connections in the wing port board under the blue cover and confirm everything is connected to the right place. It's been a while but I think I remember there being a servo door slot even though the doors dont use servos.

Comment

• First thing I checked, you are correct, there is a port for it, but it is plugged into the correct port.
                            im thinking it is on the board where everything plugs into.

Comment

• Maybe try swapping one at a time from those two ports and see if they start working in unison. Beyond that may have to call motion in the morning and see what kind of light they can shed.

Comment

• What about on the main board is the nose gear connected to the correct port as well? Since that is a factory plug, maybe that one is wrong. :Confused:

Comment

• I will look at the nose connection. Thanks

Comment

• No problem friend, just hope you can get it sorted, if not, motion will make it right. Just let them know the steps you have taken and basically everything we discussed here. One way or another it'll work. As they are very good in customer service. :Cool:

Comment

• Also almost forgot, Welcome to the squawk!:Cool:

Comment

• Just pulled the gps from my tigercat, got 82mph topend

Comment

• Hot, humid and no wind.... but I got my T-Cat out and maidened today.

What a docile Little kitty she is, no issues with anything.... kinda.

I did a flap test 3 mistakes high, and on deploying the landing flaps she shot nose up. Upon landing, I realized I had programmed up elevator on the flaps rather than down elevator.

Oooops. No harm no foul. Rest for the second flight and it was perfect.

The upgraded landing gear/struts are fantastic.

we have a MAAC Region fun fly tomorrow. I am looking forward to showing it off, as I do not know of another local one.

Todd

Comment

Working...
                                          X