Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine is on the truck for delivery today, one day earlier than the original estimate from UPS.
    Pat

Comment

• At this rate the second one I ordered with regular UPS shipping will get here sooner this coming Monday than the first one with expedited USPS shipping. That was a waste of $50 on the first one. The pisser is the noticed said it showed up in the main USPS warehouse on Monday. They probably put it on the wrong truck and it's somewhere up in New York..

Comment

• I guess they got their act together. latest is "sorting complete" and "supposed" to be delivered today.

Comment

• Finally! Just arrived!

Comment

• Just curious about a few small concerns before I fly mine...for those who have flown it already..1, the way that nose gear is, it looks like it wouldnt be hard at all to bend that sucker back in a rough landing...hows the stock one been holding up?
            2nd...boy this thing is just one solid silhouette..hows it been for orientation in flight? difficult to see what direction its goin in?
            last..fitting my 4000s in it, the one up front could barely go under the strap in order to get the top cover on... havent balanced mine yet, but will that be a concern ? not being able to get it up front? not sure where everyones placing it for balance yet.
            www.TSHobbies.com
            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• TSHobbies, look through the photos that Brandon and I have posted showing battery location to hit our CG range. For 3000s, I push both as far forward as they'll go. For the recommended 3600s, I align the upper/forward battery's rear with the end of the wood plate, and then adjust the lower/rear battery to hit CG.

I have seen some variation in battery placement depending on receiver placement and the type and amount of glue used to affix the rear fuselage, so of course as always don't go solely by pictures. You're using the large 4000s, so see Brandon's note about slicing a couple millimeters off the bottom of the canopy hatch's front foot.

I wouldn't worry about rough surfaces.... again see the surface Brandon is flying on. He's had no issues on what I'd consider excessively tall grass for a foam electric model in this size range. The F7F lands like a trainer and you'll find its wheels are taller, wider, and softer than the P-38s, so wherever the P-38 can go, this F7F can follow more easily. The forward rake on the F7F's nose strut is still paired to the same 90 degree retract as in the P-38, and forcewise the load is actually less on the F7F steeper raked strut than the P-38's less raked strut.

This is a dark plane, yes, but I found that its very tall tail and traditional wing/fuse layout makes orientation easier at flat angles than the P-38. If you're concerned about orientation, keep the bird at 50%-60% throttle for your maiden and keep it close until you get used to it. Flying with the sun behind you helps bring out the blue. The blue shade we selected exhibits some of the same behavior as the real Tigercat --at some angles and light, the color is black, while at some angles and light, the perceived color is blue. Flying in sun behind you will bring out the blue. I wouldn't recommend flying with the sun to the side or in front of you for a maiden flight, because that kind of light will accentuate the blacker shadows.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha, I appreciate the tips. good advice on the color.. I usually try and fly in the evening anyway,when the suns behind me. morning time to noon, its right in my eyes
                www.TSHobbies.com
                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Let the fun begin!

Unboxing pics.
                  Pat

Comment

• Plane built, electronics sorted. Just need to add control rods now and set throws, and add decals.

Maiden Saturday.
                    Pat

Comment

• Control surfaces hooked up, throws set, taxi test complete. Now for decals.
                      Pat

Comment

• Went with the AZ scheme because, well, I live in AZ. ;)
                        Pat

Comment

• How's the weather in Az? Are you going to get any flight time in in the coming weeks??

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• rc castle told me this today, We will have Freewing F7F-3 upgrade suspension strut and wheel set , and will be available around 25 /Dec , those part is made by Freewing.

Raymond now if there as nice as the one,s i got for the p-38 i will be getting some for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by stitch View Post
                              rc castle told me this today, We will have Freewing F7F-3 upgrade suspension strut and wheel set , and will be available around 25 /Dec , those part is made by Freewing.

Raymond now if there as nice as the one,s i got for the p-38 i will be getting some for sure.
                              We have the upgraded struts in stock as well

Comment

• ok i looked did not find em thanks!

Comment

• you must have just got those in.i just tried looking all over on web site could not find them untill i came back went threw the link you put up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post
                                    Hello Tom,
                                    That is good that you gave a link because otherwise we would've never known.
                                    I could not find them under any category in your system.
                                    Recommend that these get placed under the "Spare Parts" tab for the F7F so customers can find and buy them easier. ;)
                                    Best regards,
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hello Tom,
                                      That is good that you gave a link because otherwise we would've never known.
                                      I could not find them under any category in your system.
                                      Recommend that these get placed under the "Spare Parts" tab for the F7F so customers can find and buy them easier. ;)
                                      Best regards,
                                      It's under the "Upgrades" tab.
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

It's under the "Upgrades" tab.
                                        I'm a dumb-ass, had another chemo-brain moment. Thanx TI for pointing that out. Never mind Tom..........
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I'm a dumb-ass, had another chemo-brain moment. Thanx TI for pointing that out. Never mind Tom..........
                                          I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X