Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! That's real nice of you Westsider!
    Thanks for your support!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• The "News Reel" video just up on the MRC YouTube is great. Good job to whoever put that together.

Comment

• Had the pleasure of taking this Tigercat up a few times earlier today... all I can say is wow, what an amazing airplane. Fantastic on the ground and in the air, handles beautifully, no complaints on any front. Going into this, I was unsure as to how much I liked the F7F. I have always been someone who loved the early WWII aircraft, classics like the Mk.I Spitfire, and did not pay much attention to the planes that came later in the war. But seeing this model and getting the chance to be up close and personal with a real F7F completely changed my thinking - From every single angle, this plane is gorgeous. The slender fuselage, tall tail, landing gear placement...etc...everything falls in perfect harmony and makes for an overall stunning plane. FlightLineRC has done a great job with this model, and I can't wait to get more flights on her and hopefully have one of my own once they're back in stock!

For now, I'm just going to drop a few of my photos from today here, but know that there are many more to come!

Comment

• Oh that's neat! Looks like Mike and Ryan put that together and posted it. I like it!

We had fun with Borntoolate and Erich, who drove down from NorCal to fly with us this weekend. The fun continues tomorrow with Xplaneguy and the Warbird Squadron!
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Did a little more testing of the Aspire sound unit this morning. it sounds nice, but most of the RPM change in the sound is drowned out by the external electric motor and prop wash noise, which is why there is no noticeable rpm sound change noticed on the ground during testing...with the propellers off...you can hear it, but it's not loud enough to over power the external noises of prop and motor.

This has not been the case on my sound equipped single engine planes. But that's also an "apples/oranges" comparison

Keep in mind that this is with the using of internal transducer speakers. With the "Old School" way of mounting regular speakers....it becomes more soundy "Technical term" externally and the sound of the motor revving up/down and rpm changes is more apparent to the outside ear.

I now have the FlightLineRC F7F-3 re-equipped with a single TT25 and a Bass speaker, but still looking to re-equip it later with a full Benedini sound system with external 3 or 4 inch regular speakers.
            Brandon Moon

Comment

• Yes, I put this up. I have always wanted to try that with an old newsreel. https://youtu.be/h2BAnIJANwI

Comment

• Can't wait till you all get to try this plane!

Comment

• Does anybody know or have heard if there is nomenclature included with the FL Tigercat kit decals? I checked Callie and did not see any for the F7F
                  The FL P-38 had a whole sheet
                  Eddie

Comment

• MotionRC has the model and all the info.Comes with 4 different decal sets.I have mine preordered.Fly High

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post
                      Does anybody know or have heard if there is nomenclature included with the FL Tigercat kit decals? I checked Callie and did not see any for the F7F
                      The FL P-38 had a whole sheet
                      Eddie
                      When you say nomenclature, what do you mean? The airplane comes with a nice selection of markings for 4 different aircraft. It also has the nomenclature for the prop and prop warnings. I'm not aware of any other nomenclature per say that would be on the airplane otherwise.

Chris
                      http://thercgeek.com
                      http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Hey guys,

I was able to sneak out late morning today and got 4 excellent flights on the Tigercat. The weather was gorgeous with just a kiss of wind straight down the runway. Man, this Tigercat is one sweet flying airplane! It flies so nice and looks fantastic in the air. Super stable and rock solid with no bad habits that I noticed. Good speed at full throttle with authoritative vertical performance. Flying the airplane around, I found myself flying mostly full throttle for the flights as this offered very scale like performance and provided good speed for maneuvers. Flight times were 5-7 minutes and I was showing 3.8v/cell on the packs after each flight. If I had one wish, it would be that the full throttle performance was the 3/4 throttle performance. That would give just a little extra oomph for performing larger vertical maneuvers. That said, the stock power flies the airplane awesome! This one is definitely a keeper!!! :D:cool:

We took a bunch of video, so I'll hopefully have my full review article and video posted in two weeks. I've got some editing to do! :D:) We also took another round of pics...here are a few. Thank you Air-Jon for helping out manning the camera!

Chris
                        The RC Geek is your place to learn about all aspects of the RC hobby. Learn to build, design, drive or fly that RC project you've always wanted to!

Comment

• Thanks for your write up, Chris! I appreciate your input and feedback. I love these photos, especially you crouched behind the Tigercat.

What batteries were you using? Yesterday we flew mostly the Admiral 4s 3000mAh 30c batteries, with timer set for six minutes and coming down with 40-45% remaining. I think we did one flight witha pair of Admiral 4s 3600mAh 50cs and two flights with Admiral 4s 4000mAh 40Cs. With the 3600 we cruised out to ten minutes a couple times, but honestly I like more power like you and 6-7 minutes of fun is enough for me per flight.

I'm looking forward to your detailing/weathering, whatever you have planned.

Fast Eddie, the Tigercat isn't coming with nomenclature decals. There weren't many areas on the outside of the airplane for which we could confirm accurate text. Aside from a handful of external areas, there weren't many on the full size aircraft.

Comment

• Nice job Chris!

Comment

• Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Comment

• [QUOTE=The RC Geek;n53296]

When you say nomenclature, what do you mean? The airplane comes with a nice selection of markings for 4 different aircraft. It also has the nomenclature for the prop and prop warnings. I'm not aware of any other nomenclature per say that would be on the airplane otherwise.

Chris

markings for panel identification, no push, access panels, warnings, labels for maintenance crews, etc.

Eddie

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post

Chris

markings for panel identification, no push, access panels, warnings, labels for maintenance crews, etc.

Eddie
                                  Ah, ok. None of that is included with the stock decals.

Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                    Thanks for your write up, Chris! I appreciate your input and feedback. I love these photos, especially you crouched behind the Tigercat.

What batteries were you using? Yesterday we flew mostly the Admiral 4s 3000mAh 30c batteries, with timer set for six minutes and coming down with 40-45% remaining. I think we did one flight witha pair of Admiral 4s 3600mAh 50cs and two flights with Admiral 4s 4000mAh 40Cs. With the 3600 we cruised out to ten minutes a couple times, but honestly I like more power like you and 6-7 minutes of fun is enough for me per flight.

I'm looking forward to your detailing/weathering, whatever you have planned.

Fast Eddie, the Tigercat isn't coming with nomenclature decals. There weren't many areas on the outside of the airplane for which we could confirm accurate text. Aside from a handful of external areas, there weren't many on the full size aircraft.
                                    Alpha,

I'm using a pair of Admiral 3600 packs and a pair of nano-tech 4000s. I have no complaints on the flight times. :) 7 minutes of hard flying is good stuff! Taking it easy would really extend the flight time sure, but who wants to fly slow circles with a warbird? :p

Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                      Nice job Chris!
                                      Thanks Tony! :)

Comment

• What are the dimensions on the nano-techs? How do you like them?

Yeah even if there's more juice in a battery, I tend to land my planes after five minutes, maybe six tops, so I can go fly something else. Tony and I were talking about that yesterday. It's hard to bring just one plane to the airfield, and they all want some piloting love throughout the day!

Comment

• You know what would be awesome? I'll tell ya, I just got a notification that the prop for the Freewing AT6 I bought is now back in stock. It would be awesome if there were Tigercats with the spare prop. :)

Of course my luck is you guys found the prop on the floor behind something and put it on the shelf and updated inventory to show one in stock.

Comment

Working...
                                          X