Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Gary, welcome to Hobbysquawk! Beeg is right. We encourage pilots to try the F7F out of the box before deciding if they need the strut upgrade set. See Brandon Moon's video for the height of grass he's operating in on the stock struts and cushy tires.

I love your Grumman Goose, by the way! The retract mechanism looks great and I've always been fond of that aircraft.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I do not have my shipping notice yet. What gives?

Comment

• Hi Pheonix, all our pre-orders for any product ship FIFO, "First In First Out". Most often a pre-order shipment is small enough to where they can all ship out within 1-3 business days from the date the first container arrives. In the case of the F7F, the first shipment of F7Fs was so large that not all were shipped today before the weekend. We expect the shipments to continue over the coming week, but rest assured, everyone who pre-ordered WILL get an F7F from this first shipment. The shipment was large but everyone is covered and there were no duplicates, so as Tom mentioned everyone will have their F7F under the tree. Hopefully that's the last time it sees a tree of any sort up close!!

Comment

• If mine doesn't get here soon...I'll have to wait some more :cool:
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• To hold you all over until the boxes arrive.... here are some more closeups of the Tigercat (plus a few other familiar warbirds). As I said a few pages back, in person it is such a stunning model.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Yeah, and it doesn't look anything like that pile of bricks in the box!!

Grossman56
              I just have to make sure I don't open the box!

Grossman, I see in the Bearcat thread where you covered yours with Varathane. It looks awesome!!! I am planning to do the same with my Tigercat. I am sure you guys have all seen these videos, but I couldn't help but post the link. Very impressive bird, and I love the gloss paint. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RKUAZvMzGw

On a personal note, I was in Cody in Oct 2015. My son moved there for about a year before joining the Marines. I drove his Jeep there and flew back. That is such beautiful county there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteflys1 View Post

On a personal note, I was in Cody in Oct 2015. My son moved there for about a year before joining the Marines. I drove his Jeep there and flew back. That is such beautiful county there!
                Hope you hit the museum while in Cody, one of the finest firearm collections on the planet.
                Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
                R. A. Heinlein

Comment

• Thanks guys! We now have a museum of firearms with an indoor range. You can shoot anything from a flintlock to a gattling gun!
                  The Museum of the West is actually five museums in one and affiliated with the Smithsonian.
                  We just got back from taking our Cabin down at Old Trail Town, which is also a great museum.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• As for the Varathane, Doc actually put me onto is, I was using Minwax, which was good, but I think the Varathane is better.
                    I goes on better, takes less coats and has a UV protectant in it as well.
                    I found it in either Lowes or Home Depot as its been a while, a can goes a long way. If you choose to spray, make it in a well ventilated area as it really atomizes. I'd suggest using a 1" foam brush, I give it three coats, seems to work well. Keep an ey on it for runs and really brush it in. It's a great product !!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Tom, or anyone at Motion, in the recent shipments will there be the out of stock batteries as well as F7F spare parts?

Comment

• Here is a few more pictures of a few more additions Still a work in progress.
                        I have had the hardest time finding a properly scaled female pilot figure, so I went ahead and used one of the stock figures. My Tony & Evelyn (Father & Daughter) tribute I discussed earlier will be moved to the Duke B60.
                        Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                          Tom, or anyone at Motion, in the recent shipments will there be the out of stock batteries as well as F7F spare parts?
                          Hi Beeg, on Thursday Mark said we have containers coming in almost every other day as Christmas approaches. Tom can chime in on ETAs, but the best way to know when something actually arrives, is inspected, sorted, and uploaded to the shelves and are ready to purchase remains the Notify Me email field on each product's web page. Which batteries are you looking for? I'm guessing the 4s 3600 for the F7F?

Great mods, Brandon, keep 'em coming! I like the drop tank, especially.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hi Beeg, on Thursday Mark said we have containers coming in almost every other day as Christmas approaches. Tom can chime in on ETAs, but the best way to know when something actually arrives, is inspected, sorted, and uploaded to the shelves and are ready to purchase remains the Notify Me email field on each product's web page. Which batteries are you looking for? I'm guessing the 4s 3600 for the F7F?

Great mods, Brandon, keep 'em coming! I like the drop tank, especially.
                            They have the 3600's in stock. I was looking for the 4000's.. the 4000's fly especially good in the Bearcat and want to try them in the Tigercat. I've got them in email notification just wondering if they'll be coming in in the next week or two.

Comment

• Man I sure hope there is a crap ton of the bear cat coming too.
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                                Here is a few more pictures of a few more additions Still a work in progress.
                                I have had the hardest time finding a properly scaled female pilot figure, so I went ahead and used one of the stock figures. My Tony & Evelyn (Father & Daughter) tribute I discussed earlier will be moved to the Duke B60.
                                Looks great Brandon! I was recently thinking it would be fun to 3D print a tank and pylon for this. :)
                                http://thercgeek.com
                                http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I've been hashing through the video we got of my Tigercat. I'll have the full flight video posted on this coming Tuesday and then my Assembly & Flight Review will be posted the following Tuesday. I still have a bit of editing to do but we're getting close finally. Here are a few more pics in the meantime. :p:D

Are we getting close on deliveries? It'll have been worth the wait! :)

Chris
                                  http://thercgeek.com
                                  http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Nice pictures, Chris! I'm excited to see your video!

Deliveries in nearby states began today, let the fun begin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                      Nice pictures, Chris! I'm excited to see your video!

Deliveries in nearby states began today, let the fun begin!
                                      Mine is "supposed" to show up on Monday but my local post office is not very efficient. It'll probably be Tuesday.

Comment

• Right now UPS says Thursday, but I'm hoping it's sooner. Even though, I'll maiden on Saturday regardless.
                                        Pat

Comment

• just alittle curious how many of these sold or how many was in first shipment just wondering how popular this plane has become anyone have a idea?

Comment

Working...
                                          X