Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine RC 1600mm F7F-3 Tigercat Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peteflys1 View Post
    That's great news! Mine is my present from my wife. We have always had at least one gift that we know for sure what it is. So if it gets here before Christmas, my plan is to secretly open the box, remove the contents, put about 7 lbs of dead weight back in the box, wrap the box back up, and then build the plane! She will never know, at least that's what I'm hoping happens. :)

​​​​
    Maybe you can put a red bow on the built Tigercat, and put it under the tree next to the milk and cookies for Santa.
    have the batteries ready and will see you at the field..................... The following week
    Will you maiden up there or in the desert?
    Eddie

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      Great news, everyone, the first shipment of Tigercats has cleared US Customs in California, and barring any issues along the tracks we anticipate delivery by rail of our containers in about a week. Time to get ready!
      As the Pointer Sisters would say...

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        Great news, everyone, the first shipment of Tigercats has cleared US Customs in California, and barring any issues along the tracks we anticipate delivery by rail of our containers in about a week. Time to get ready!

For those of us waiting for the second shipment estimated to arrive in about six weeks, we have decided that in response to the high demand by many people, we will be opening a pre-order for the second shipment very soon. Likely within the week as well, so stay tuned!
        Thanks Alpha for the update. Good to know they are back on dry land.
        Eddie

Comment

• This website is for sale! nelsonhobby.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, nelsonhobby.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Was searching the web for miniature piano hinges. Came across these. Going to use them to have the Tigercat rear canopy mod open and close. Just need to work out a latch to keep closed
          Eddie

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post
            http://www.nelsonhobby.com/miniature_piano_hinges.php

Was searching the web for miniature piano hinges. Came across these. Going to use them to have the Tigercat rear canopy mod open and close. Just need to work out a latch to keep closed
            Eddie
            Dude! Just use some large control surface hinges. Probably cheaper and a whole lot lighter..

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Dude! Just use some large control surface hinges. Probably cheaper and a whole lot lighter..
              How heavy could 3/8"w X 2" length X 0.017" thickness be?

Comment

Maybe you can put a red bow on the built Tigercat, and put it under the tree next to the milk and cookies for Santa.
                have the batteries ready and will see you at the field..................... The following week
                Will you maiden up there or in the desert?
                Eddie
                Eddie,
                I'll be flying at CV at least until it gets so hot I cant stand it. Ha Ha. Gilman is a nice field, but in the winter the sun is right in your face. Not the best flying conditions.

Plus you know we have show these beauties off to the CV crowd!

Comment

Yeah, I can hear it now...."Honey, the picture on the box looks just like that new plane in your shop..."
                  Oh crap, hadn't thought of that. Guess I'll have to keep her out of the shop until after Santa arrives.

Comment

• Can you guys that have a plane already list the maximum size battery, physical size, that will fit?

I have 4c 4500 that might be a little big. I also have 4c 2700 that I know will fit, but short flight time.

Thanks

Comment

How heavy could 3/8"w X 2" length X 0.017" thickness be?

You're right. I just think of building wooden boxes when I see metal piano hinges...

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteflys1 View Post
                        Can you guys that have a plane already list the maximum size battery, physical size, that will fit?

I have 4c 4500 that might be a little big. I also have 4c 2700 that I know will fit, but short flight time.

Thanks
                        I have some nano-tech 4000s that fit perfectly. The specs for the size are listed at 153x49x27mm. So, if you're in that ball park for physical size, the 4500s may work.

Chris
                        http://thercgeek.com
                        http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Originally posted by The RC Geek View Post

I have some nano-tech 4000s that fit perfectly. The specs for the size are listed at 153x49x27mm. So, if you're in that ball park for physical size, the 4500s may work.

Chris
                          Thanks Chris!

Comment

Yeah, I can hear it now...."Honey, the picture on the box looks just like that new plane in your shop..."
                            Yeah, and it doesn't look anything like that pile of bricks in the box!!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Shipping notice received! Woo hoo!
                              Pat

Comment

• SAME SAME :D :D Cmon USPS
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Got my shipping notice, woo hoo!

Comment

• ditto! Gotta wait till Christmas though before my fun begins..boy thats gonna kill me lol
                                    www.TSHobbies.com
                                    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                                      ditto! Gotta wait till Christmas though before my fun begins..boy thats gonna kill me lol
                                      I KNOWWWWWWWW.........(using my Craig Ferguson accent) in the same boat with ya TS.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hello all,

Searched the thread and can't find any reference to whether or not this has oleo gear or not. I looks as if the nose gear might have a spring on it which would be great for the grass and rough field ops. Can't tell about the mains however. Can anybody confirm this for me. It's on my Christmas list regardless. Refit my T-28 with oleo gear and what a difference on touch down.

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

• There are optional spring struts available (upgrades parts tab) to purchase but it comes with solid wire gear.

Comment

Working...
                                          X