Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had success with 6s on this aircraft?

My Flightline P38 files great with a 6s 4000 and downsized MAS 3 blades with stock motors and ESCs.

If I managed to get 6 cells in it and downsized the props, there should be no reason it shouldn't work.

Thoughts??

Comment

• Go for it. Or swap out the motors from the new B-25 and keep the props stock.

Comment

• I need to get in front of the model to see what fits.
        I'm just getting out of the hospital and my tcat is at my club.
        Funny how your mind works when you're sitting on your a** in the hospital waiting to get better.

I'll need a few more days to recover, then I'll start to work out the details.

Cheers 🥂

Comment

• That was my first thought. It's tough enough trying to get 4s batteries in her let alone 6s.
          The best performance I got out of mine was with a pair of 3948 kv 760's. Sucker hauled! I think it was too hard on the props though, and now with the B25 out, I've been waiting for Aros to answer the question of the B 25 props being a better option. That or the LX B25 props which I have to look into. M buddy OV10 Mr. Charlie Brown mentioned using the LX props, but I'm not sure about the prop shafts.
          BTW: I have one of the kv760's in one of my Bearcats with the stock prop and it's virtually unlimited vertical here at 5000 feet.
          Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• A single 5000 6s will fit easy… the prop blades look the same and I think Aros said that a few weeks back. BUT... the prop hubs and the prop adapters on the motors are very different. The Tigercat blades have two screws holding each blade to the hub back (so does the B-25). Then there are three screws to attach the hubs together and then the props slide over the smooth prop adapter shaft and the center screw holds it on. But on the B-25 first you put the prop assembly, the hub back, three blades and the metal reinforcement onto the threaded prop adapter and then put the cylindrical nut on and screw it down. Then the hub front goes on with a single screw.

Because of this it looks like you can interchange blades but to put the B-25 prop assemblies on the Tigercat you'll need the prop adapters and nut as well as the prop assembly parts. Both have the same square drive. I think you could use the Tigercat prop assembly on the B-25 (not sure why you'd want to as the B-25 has a much better designed hub and retention) but I don't know if you'd wat to put the B-25 props on the smooth prop shaft on the Tcat.

Comment

• I'm thinking of using the B-25 system from the prop shafts forward, it looks more robust than the Tigercat system. I pretty sure the weakness in the upgraded system that I had on the Tigercat was they way the props attached to the prop shaft. The 3948KV760 motors gave her a big performance boost using the stock ESC's but I'd bet one of the props failed in mid air. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5577.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	387164 She's back in the air running the stock motors/props
              Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM3084_edited.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	387165 but man it performed better with the 760's.
              Team Gross!

Comment

• . I used T connectors,2sets, soldered male to female. I then glued them side to side with a spacer between them ..After glue dried Iran a jumper wire across + to + , - to- and then covered with heat shrink.I used 2, 4s 4600 batteries. This way you run both batteries on both motors.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Guys, I need a little help, flying the Tiger today and I was throwing it about with big full power loops and reversals and low fast passes, after around 4mins flying across the landing strip, I had NO throttle, I was able to let it gently belly land in the long grass with no damage, back at the pitts the throttle was working and both of the lips had 30% in them! Any help would be appreciated, Have the ESCs shut down on me? what's the best remedy as id like to be sure this doesn't happen again? Many thanks

Comment

• Sounds like you hit LVC to me. Did you try reducing your throttle to idle and then reapplying low to mid throttle?

Comment

• Yes I put throttle down and quickly tried it but I was running out of height so made decision to put it does in the long grass, does this mean ive over worked the ESCs?

Comment

• If not LVC I'm not sure. These ESCs don't have a over temp or something like that. Stock ESCs?

Comment

• Yes they are the stock ESCs bit strange that Both stopped?
                          Can I turn the LVC off like I did on my Cougar, Thanks to your help

Comment

• It has the same programming as the Cougar except reverse but the order may be different. I agree that both cutting off at the exact same time is very odd. I just hope you figure it out. I wonder if the time you left it at idle and maybe not getting fully to idle may have happened?

Comment

• I have Both ESCs connected together so maybe not strange that they both stopped, ill try to turn the LVC down or off

Comment

• Guys, This is sitting under the X-Mas tree and will be my winter project. Included I have the up-dated L/G, Admiral 4s 3000 batteries. I have the Birdcage Corsair from last X-MAS, how does this fly compared to the Corsair? This is my first twin.
                                I want to do some subtle weathering, exhaust stains ect. but have a glossy finish. I used polyacrylic clear on my Corsair and like that finish. Any recommendations for good documentation. I have read all of this thread and searching the net for ideas.

Merry Christmas, Rex

Comment

• The TC is the best flying warbird there is in my opinion. Period. Not just Flightline, not just anything, the best. Weathering and finish sounds like a great idea.

Comment

• Thaks for your info Evan D. I read a lot of your posts and and trust your input.

Comment

• Thank you. I was going to add I put FPV in mine but that probably doesn't interest most people. Maybe a sound system?

Comment

• Evan D,
                                        I have the Mr Sound in my Corsair and love it but just want to get this flyable to go to some electric fly-ins next spring here in Indiana and Ill. Will fit right in with my Corsair and E=Flite FW-190. Thinking of adding some rivits like Brandons video shows, some weathering then 3-4 coats of clear polycrylic. Used the satin clear on my others but may use the gloss clear on this one
                                        Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Our family Christmas gathering was last night and I convinced my beautiful boss to let me open my big Blue Taped X-Mas present. Beautiful Tigercat was unveiled, and she is a beauty. Stayed up till 2 am just removing the parts and assembling the nacelles. Need to decide which profile I want to model. Hope everyone gets their RC present they want. I may post the build process as I go along with some weathering ect.

MERRY CHRISTMAS , Rex

Comment

Working...
                                          X