Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the throttle advance smoothly looking at your radios screen? On just about any radio you can put the screen to display the electrical movement of a channel. I can't see the bridge causing it.

Comment

• I wonder if its throttle curve on the radio?
      I've had mine bridged for years with the stock motors and the 760's and never had a problem.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• That's what I'm thinking too. Some mix or unintended odd throttle cut maybe.

Comment

• I think I'd start there. I wonder if he calibrated the ESC's after modding the power routing??

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• So recalibrated the motors today and it seems to have cured the problem, Thanks Guys

Comment

• Good news! I know I've had a couple of instances where I've noticed a lack of power in an airplane and recalibrated the ESC and it's helped, even though it was recalibrated before (several seasons before) Sitting idle through the winter months seems to do some strange things. I bench test everything before the first season's flights. Cheaper to find a problem on the ground than in the air.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey guys, here's a question that I've been meaning to ask but keep forgetting. How do you balance the prop?? I have a prop balancer but the hub's hole is so small in diameter that the shaft for the balancer will not fit through. I'm embarrassed to admit that even though I've had this bird for several years, I've never balanced them
                Any suggestions?

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman56, are you now experiencing vibrations that you didn't have? If not, I'd say your props must be pretty darn close to perfect.

Could you use carbon fiber tube or rod as the 'shaft' for your balancer?

I don't know which balancer you own, but I have CF tube which comes in metric sizing as well as Imperial.

Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                    Grossman56, are you now experiencing vibrations that you didn't have? If not, I'd say your props must be pretty darn close to perfect.

Could you use carbon fiber tube or rod as the 'shaft' for your balancer?

I don't know which balancer you own, but I have CF tube which comes in metric sizing as well as Imperial.

Best, LB
                    I agree with LB. I have had several planes with 3 bladed props, including one like your Tigercat, and I found a very low friction metal tube or something, ever a smooth finish screwdriver blade (Philips head) to slide the prop on and see if there is movement showing a heavy blade. I think Motion had a little video out and he balance three bladed props with it. It was pretty interesting, but I had been doing that for years. Worth a try, anyway.

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• I have a Dubro prop balancer and it works fine with other props, this one just has that smaller diameter hole that won't allow the balancer shaft to slide through. Great suggestions guys, now, I'm trying to eliminate any possibility of a repeat crash which was caused by either a prop or motor mount failure. You know what it's like when you've narrowed it down to a point but can't say definitively that 'that' was the problem.
                      A guys gets a little nervous after going from this:
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5577.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.5 KB ID:	380541

Back to this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230430_095520.jpg Views:	0 Size:	348.5 KB ID:	380542

You know what I'm sayin'

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Guys just asking as I’ve always wanted to get the Tigercat but can never make my mind up whether or not to pay double the price for the 1700 fms one, do any of you own one of each and if so what is your honest opinion, is it worth it or not. Noone in any of the local clubs here has either for me to look over them in person. I have the Branco, b25 and p38, love the twin engine planes they sound great. Thanks in advance. Regards Mark.

Comment

• Hi Mark, I've seen the FMS version and watched it fly. The difference in size really isn't noticeable, at least to me. I love the scale landing gear on the FMS version but hate the lumpy riveting which is not scale. It was funny because a fellow had received the FMS version for a Christmas present and was nervous to fly his. (this was at a fly in in Riverton, Wy) another member of the club maidened it for him, all the while telling him that since it was a foamy, not to expect too much in the way of aerobatics...I suppressed a comment and watched it fly, looked good. Then I taxied mine out and proceeded to throw it around a bit, just to prove a point
                          I think really, you can't make a wrong move. Both have their strong points, depending on what you're looking for. It's a tight squeeze getting two 3600 4s batteries in the FL whereas the FMS uses one 6s battery. I like to just watch mine cruise the field now that she's running the stock motors again. Eventually, I'd like to either get another one or reconvert this one back to the KV 760s but I'd like to find a better (improved) method of attaching the props to the shafts, possibly the new B 25 method is convertible, still waiting for Aros to give us some feedback on that. My Buddy Charlie Brown, AKA OV 10 started out with the Flightline, lost it in a garage fire and bought the FMS version to replace it with. If you see him around on the forum, give him a post.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• I posted this on RCG but no replys.
                            I want to get a cable made to go from 2 4S 4000 xt60 batteries to combine in parallel then out to 2 xt60 4S outputs for a twin F7F Tigercat. I've made one but my soldering skills suck. I could get these but they are 14 ga. And that's a lot of wire..... Who can make these that we trust? I want both bat feeding both motors.

https://www.amazon.com/Parallel-Conn..._sto_dp&th=1ke

Comment

• Originally posted by rekit500 View Post
                              I posted this on RCG but no replys.
                              I want to get a cable made to go from 2 4S 4000 xt60 batteries to combine in parallel then out to 2 xt60 4S outputs for a twin F7F Tigercat. I've made one but my soldering skills suck. I could get these but they are 14 ga. And that's a lot of wire..... Who can make these that we trust? I want both bat feeding both motors.

https://www.amazon.com/Parallel-Conn..._sto_dp&th=1ke
                              page 66 post # 1310 That's what I did, she still flies off the same plugs. No wires, just two plugs.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4031.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	384483

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Is this what you are looking for?.
                                found them on Amazon. Xt-60

Comment

• Link? I just saw the ones with 14 ga wire. Thx

Comment

• Comment

• Thx again

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                        https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

T-Connector Parallel ESC Adapter (1 Source to 2 Loads) from BenchCraft - BCT5061-040 Features: Allows you to connect two electronic speed controls (ESCs) to a single battery. This will not affect the overall voltage or the mAh capacity of the power system. Specifications: Length: 40mm / 4cm Connector Type: Two female T

This is what I used to get everything working correctly.

Grossman56
                                        Or if they are Deans connectors, this is what I use. One plug from Amazon, one from MRC.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• I made my own parallel adaptors and they work perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                          X