Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered my F7F-3 with a pair of Admiral 3600mah 40C batteries. Found that they won't fit fully forward in the fuse (about 3/16 to tall). Can I get the proper CG with these batteries without carving out the front of the fuse?

Comment

• Originally posted by DPF4052 View Post
      Ordered my F7F-3 with a pair of Admiral 3600mah 40C batteries. Found that they won't fit fully forward in the fuse (about 3/16 to tall). Can I get the proper CG with these batteries without carving out the front of the fuse?
      Turnigy Nano-Tech 4000's fit perfectly anywhere you need them. I use them in this plane and get an easy 5+ Minutes of flight, and i fly pretty much full throttle the whole time.
      Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by DPF4052 View Post
        Ordered my F7F-3 with a pair of Admiral 3600mah 40C batteries. Found that they won't fit fully forward in the fuse (about 3/16 to tall). Can I get the proper CG with these batteries without carving out the front of the fuse?
        Welcome to the Squawk and sorry that you didn't see that somewhere buried in these 1200+ posts there was discussion about the fat bodied 3600 40C Admirals not fitting in properly.
        The 4000 40C (which are a newer version from a year ago) are slimmer and a tad longer and work perfectly in both the Tigercat and the P-38.
        Best regards,
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Roaring top 3700’s are a perfect fit too! Check out www.rcjetwerx.com
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I’m a little late to the party, got one for Christmas and although the stock paint looked good I had to go a different route. Used some krylon spray paint , kallie graphics and finished with a coat of minwax.

Comment

• Hi Lcacing ,Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...for fun is never too late,also,your F7F now have a memorable and modern color-design....I like it ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcacing View Post
                I’m a little late to the party, got one for Christmas and although the stock paint looked good I had to go a different route. Used some krylon spray paint , kallie graphics and finished with a coat of minwax.
                Very nice!

Comment

• anyone go fms site see that 1700 tigercat oh it,s pretty takes 6cell battery has 2 440kv motors 67in wingspan.silver or blue?

Comment

• Originally posted by stitch View Post
                    anyone go fms site see that 1700 tigercat oh it,s pretty takes 6cell battery has 2 440kv motors 67in wingspan.silver or blue?
                    People have and there is a FMS F7F Tigercat thread already started.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Regarding the proper CG, is the 73mm quoted in the manual measured with the gear up or down ? Or does it matter on the ship?

Comment

• The concensus on both forum sites is 70 with gear up
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Always whichever pushes the CG aft the most.

When mains swing parallel to the "main spar" they don't change CG when they go up and down.

Nosewheel almost always swings back which pushes CG back.

There are VERY few models that have the main wheels swing forward. Quite a few where they swing aft.

So in general practice, check wheels up.
                          Then double-check wheels down, but that will almost always show the CG moved forward, which is fine.

Knowing WHY helps.

This is why almost all glow and gas models the CG check is tank empty The tank is forward of the CG so the worst case is with it empty.
                          I had a pusher power glow model that had to be checked tank full. The engine and tank were both behind the wing.
                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Mine at 72 wheels up and down. Fly's fantastic!

Comment

• I have a buddy selling me his carbonz t28 at the end of this month, for 400 with battery and reinforced flap hinges. Then after i pick that up I'm gonna save for the tigercat :)

Comment

• Just sneaking this in at work, got the new motors installed in the Tigercat, should really boost the performance and still using the stock props and ESC, more to come........

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• So, here's what I've found...
                                  First, let me give all the credit to coming up with this idea to Warbird Charlie, we got into a discussion back in December about the lack of power in the FlightLine F7F as compared to the FMS version.
                                  CB came up with a great alternative, the FMS 3948 KV760!!
                                  So, using the same ESC and stock props, I have mine mounted and at full throttle there is a 39A draw according to my Watt Meter.
                                  Now, the tricks to the setup are :
                                  1)You need the X style FMS motor mount.
                                  2) the leads to a FMS motor are smaller than the FlightLine ESC plus so you need adapters
                                  https://hobbyking.com/en_us/4mm-male...-3pcs-bag.html
                                  Installation requires redrilling the X mount holes, or drilling new holes in the firewall to mount them.
                                  The stock motors are 600KV so there is an increase of 160kv per motor!
                                  That should give her a bit more poke.
                                  According to Charlie, the prop shafts that the 760's come with is what he uses to mount the LX B-25 props he uses on his F7F, so that's another plus if you're thinking of that route

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanx for the accreditation and the wattmeter looks good ;)..........now gitRdun and in the air then tell me/us what the tired Cat can do with a bigger Tiger in the tankLOL
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Why not the 880kv upgrade?
                                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                                        Why not the 880kv upgrade?
                                        Cause we want to run 3 blades
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Yep, want to maintain the realism
                                          Grossman 56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X