Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Cool you got it!!
    Mine may be a little different because of the paint job. After the first flight where she was a bucking bronco til I got the gear and flaps up, then she flew like a dream, so I landed her for the first time, with no flaps, she ate up a chunk of runway, removed all the mix and tried again, half flaps were perfect, but full were still not right, so landed again, this time with half flaps and rolled in some elevator mix. I played with it a bit to find the best spot for me and she's been great ever since, hey, not a nick in her so far, touch wood!!!!!

Grossman56
    Yeah I hope to fly it Friday again before Rend Lake starts this weekend.
    No airbrushing yet. Going to get that done tomorrow.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170911_220439409.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	96658

Comment

• After much procrastination, other projects and spending much time on north coast enjoying the boating season, the Jungle Cat is finally finished. It's a " what if " Vietnam era counter insurgency aircraft.
      Hopefully the maiden will happen in Utah later this month.

Mods include the scheme, landing gear upgrade and the addition of the backseat. Weapons pylons have been made, just need to sit down and make the ordinance. That will probably be a winter project.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruffneckx1 View Post
        After much procrastination, other projects and spending much time on north coast enjoying the boating season, the Jungle Cat is finally finished. It's a " what if " Vietnam era counter insurgency aircraft.

Mods include the scheme, landing gear upgrade and the addition of the backseat. Weapons pylons have been made, just need to sit down and make the ordinance. That will probably be a winter project.
        Wow, what a great looking plane with that paint scheme.

Comment

• Great job Ruffneck! She looks amazing

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Thx Guys. :Cool:

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by ruffneckx1 View Post
              After much procrastination, other projects and spending much time on north coast enjoying the boating season, the Jungle Cat is finally finished. It's a " what if " Vietnam era counter insurgency aircraft.

Looks great! With so very few F7F's left and very few existed, I am also thinking of doing one as a "what if". I am considering a Navy version using inspiration from VF-84 from the USS Bunker Hill and the modern VF-84 "Jolly Rogers". It would look like a crossover in between the years VF-84 didn't exist.

Comment

• Sounds like a great idea. Can't wait to see it.

Woody

Comment

• Excuse how rough this is, but I threw this together during lunch yesterday using MS Paint.

tigercat vf84 by Bryan Redeker, on Flickr

Callie can work her magic and really make this look good.

Comment

• I'll let you guys in on a little secret...the Flightline 1600mm Spitfire struts are a perfect fit on the Tigercat...just make some pins and you're good to go...

Name:	20170921_201436086_iOS.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	97721

Name:	20170921_201801163_iOS.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	97719

Name:	20170921_201741028_iOS.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	97720
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hey, good to know TI, thanks for the tip!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Comment

• When this plane came out I was on the pre-order list, I was super excited to get it. I got the plane and then it sat until last July or August, I finally got it assembled and the graphics from Callie applied. It sat some more, I finally got it out to the field tonight for the maiden.

Wow, what a fantastic flying plane! I'm mad at myself for not getting this in they air before now. We've got maybe 30 - 45 days (in Iowa) before it gets cold and I stop flying until April.

I needed a lot of right aileron trim to get it to fly level, I'll need to check my flaps and ailerons again to make sure they are centered properly. The plane flew great! I'm using a pair of Admiral 3600mAh 4 Cell batteries. This have me 5 minutes of mostly full throttle flying. I checked the batteries after I landed and the cells were close to 3.9 volts, next flight I'll set the timer to 6 minutes.

Here is video my wife took of the maiden flight tonight.

The maiden flight of my FlightlineRC F7F Tigercat.I needed a lot of right aileron trim to get it to fly level, I'll need to check my flaps and ailerons again...

Comment

• Looks great Dave, looks like he flap/elevator mix is spot on as well. I've found that if I deploy the gear and wait 'til they're down then deploy flaps really helped to keep her level as there is such a delay in gear deployment.

Good luck with her, she's a great flying plane!!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• I am now the proud owner of one and am going to have to buy batteries for it. The question is what do I buy? I would rather not have to cut it up and would like to be able to fly around 6 minutes of mixed throttle with only a couple of short full throttle passes.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                I am now the proud owner of one and am going to have to buy batteries for it. The question is what do I buy? I would rather not have to cut it up and would like to be able to fly around 6 minutes of mixed throttle with only a couple of short full throttle passes.
                                I use the new Admiral 4S 4000s in mine.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Thanks TI I've read the thread and seemed like there was an issue with the new battery dimensions fitting. The 4000's fit without mods correct.

Comment

• Yes, one in each bay.
                                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Awesome that's the way I'll go.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                        Thanks TI I've read the thread and seemed like there was an issue with the new battery dimensions fitting. The 4000's fit without mods correct.
                                        FF..............it was the new 3600 40C batts that was preventing the hatch from closing.
                                        As TI confirmed and I will also reaffirm, the new 4000 40C fit nicely and you can get 6-8 minutes of mix throttle flight times from these.:Cool:
                                        Also, a pair of the new 4000 40C will fit nicely in the P-38 without having to hack stuff up to get them in;)
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• This Gal is very easy on batteries! I go with the 3600 PRO's but hey I have a ton of them and I'm down to two 4000's, which I prefer in the Tomahawk and the Bearcat, so its a matter of choice.

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X