Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooh yeah that would not be fun

Comment

• Took the tigercat out today for a couple of fam flights(this is the 2nd time taking her out with previous trip being maiden with 2 follow on flights). Its a little intimidating due to the size and my experience but it was overall uneventful. She flew great and I'm getting more comfortable seeing what she can do. I'm flying with manual stated rates and they're great. I had a pair of 3600, 4200, 4500 batteries and they seemed to like being with bottom battery all the way forward and the top varying in distance from the forward part of the hatch. I thought i had some more footage but the battery died on my runcam. Hoping to get a flight or two in tomorrow morning with Spec450 and his tigercat.

Comment

• Hello Regatoni5 , very smooth and scale flight from an interesting cam angle...thanks for sharing ;)

Comment

• That was awesome

Comment

• As a matter of interest, I initialized my ESC's in this plane by turning on my radio and advancing the throttle to full, then plugging in one battery. At the sound of the tones, I pulled it back to the throttle off position and unplugged the battery. Then unplugged the battery into the second ESC and repeated the process for the other side.
            I assume that's the proper way to do a dual ESC airplane!?

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• I would think (if you have both reds on the esc servo leads hooked up) that if run the calibration with just one pack connected, that both escs would get the power and signal from the receiver. If you run a seperate bec, then the way you described seems like it would get a clean equal calibration. I would power both equally both batteries connected though at the same time so there is no question both get an equal calibration set. That's how I always did, and I haven't ever had any problems.

Comment

• I always do the calibration for each ESC separately (just one ESC plugged to RX at a time)

Might be the paranoid way to do it, but its always turned out correctly and only takes a few seconds per ESC.
                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Yeah, it just occurred to me that, unless your very fast or have a Y connection to run both ESC's through one battery, that the only other way is separately.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                    Yeah, it just occurred to me that, unless your very fast or have a Y connection to run both ESC's through one battery, that the only other way is separately.

Grossman56
                    I usually solder both battery leads together.
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• When I finally get one of these I plan to wire it parallel. So hopefully it won't drain the batteries as harshly as a single pull would. Not thinking for flight time, more for battery longevity.

Comment

• Today I flew 6 minutes at mostly 2/3 throttle on brand new Admiral 4000's and had 3.92 per cell that was after I got home.

Comment

• That's the kind of use I'm thinking of, 6 mins is just a perfect flight time for me.

Comment

• I consistently get 8 min with mixed throttle on Admiral 4000 40C using the LX B-25 props and post flight voltages of 3.75 to 3.8 :Cool:
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• That's perfect for storage voltage

Comment

• Flew the Tigercat this weekend and it flew great! As a new RC pilot it was a little intimidating but she flew straight and true and not into the ground! Spec450 was cool enough to meet up with me at the new flying location and give me some tips and take some cool video! Here’s a mashup he did of us flying. We had a cat lineup as well as T-28’s and a skyraider! oh and I managed to put my T-45 into the dirt on her maiden so there’s that... boo...

Comment

• Look good to me

Comment

• Just maidened mine after owning it for several months. Far from a Tigercat, it's a *****cat! Easiest maiden I've ever done. All factory recommended settings and flap mix.

I've put 5 flights on it now and not added a single click of trim.

We have a smooth, paved runway and with the optional gear it lands like a butterfly with sore feet! Love it!

Don

Comment

• Great to hear Don. Hands down the easiest Warbird to fly in my inventory!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• I'll have one sooner or later. I really like this one..

Comment

• Originally posted by Regatoni5 View Post
                                          Flew the Tigercat this weekend and it flew great! As a new RC pilot it was a little intimidating but she flew straight and true and not into the ground! Spec450 was cool enough to meet up with me at the new flying location and give me some tips and take some cool video! Here’s a mashup he did of us flying. We had a cat lineup as well as T-28’s and a skyraider! oh and I managed to put my T-45 into the dirt on her maiden so there’s that... boo...

Hi Regatoni5 ,very scale...I like it :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X