Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent! That means Tigercat #2 for modding will be showing up shortly as well!

Comment

• got my notice also, so motion is busy now lol!

Comment

• Hey Guys,

Here's the flight video of my tigercat! :) My full assembly and flight review video and article will get posted next week. I'm wrapping up the editing on the video and article post still. For those who will be setting theirs up this coming week, here are my control settings. I set up triple rates and set the recommendations in the manual as the high rates. I found them a bit hotter than I liked for my style of flying and so reduced the rates to my mid rate setting on elevator and the low rate setting on the aileron which are the following. Also, my CG is at about 70mm as measured from the wing root leading edge aft. This is just a little forward of the 73mm that's in the manual.

Elevator - 11/16" with 15% expo
        Aileron - 5/8" with 10% expo
        Rudder - 1-1/8" with 25% expo (expo is to tone down the nose steering since they're tied together)
        Flaps - 7/8" mid flap, 1-3/4" full flap with 10% down elevator mix (equates to 3/16" at full flap)

Chris
        The RC Geek is your place to learn about all aspects of the RC hobby. Learn to build, design, drive or fly that RC project you've always wanted to!

http://thercgeek.com
        http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• think i wet myself listening to that low flyby lol!

Comment

• wish i had not watched that now.haaaa! be back i did wet myself!

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
              Got mine in today! and my wife smiled and said I could go ahead and open it! woohoo!
              Got my shipping notice today. Can your wife call my wife? Ha Ha

Comment

• WOW,nice TS, should be under all our Christmas Trees this year!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Brandonmoon..........what's the source of the external tank ? You may have already said but I can't find it.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteflys1 View Post

Got my shipping notice today. Can your wife call my wife? Ha Ha
                    Pete, My Tigercat shipped today as well. Expected delivery is next Monday. Now waiting for strut upgrade to be in stock.
                    Robart tires and Callie Graphics are here and ready. I also want to get the Mobius Mini cam for those close formation flights

Eddie

Comment

• Originally posted by ruffneckx1 View Post
                      Brandonmoon..........what's the source of the external tank ? You may have already said but I can't find it.

Woody
                      I know this was answered on RCG, but might as well post it here too. They are from the FMS 1400mm Corsair V2. He's using the rockets from it as well.

EDIT - They are from the 1400mm, not the 1700mm as I originally posted.
                      Pat

Comment

• Ok. Thanks Pat.

Woody

Comment

• PAT....I think Force RC has the tanks and rockets.

Woody

Comment

Brandonmoon..........what's the source of the external tank ? You may have already said but I can't find it.

Woody
                            They are from the 1400 FMS F4U corsair V3

https://www.motionrc.com/products/14...-v3-drop-tanks

https://www.motionrc.com/products/14...-v3-rocket-set

You can also look up the ones from the discontinued 1400 V3 white corsair...those are the ones I used and painted them with my color match paint
                            At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.
                            Brandon Moon

Comment

• I thought they were from the V2, looks the same as V3 with mounts

Comment

• You're correct :)

I also trimmed down the attached pylon and used the attachment clips from the Freewing F-15 ordnance
                                Brandon Moon

Comment

• Thanks Brandonmoon..........I'm starting to gather up the pieces parts for the jungle cat.

Comment

• Awesome looking scheme Woody! That would look great with a bunch of ordnance slung under the wings!
                                    Pat

Comment

Thanks Brandonmoon..........I'm starting to gather up the pieces parts for the jungle cat.
                                      That is the same one I posted way back earlier in the RCG thread and I was considering doing......cool looking scheme :) Actually either one of these.......... Click image for larger version

Name:	BOBCAT001 - Copy.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	54061Click image for larger version

Name:	BOBCAT0016 - Copy.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	54062Click image for larger version

Name:	F-7C2.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	54063Click image for larger version

Name:	F-7C13.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	54064
                                      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post

Pete, My Tigercat shipped today as well. Expected delivery is next Monday. Now waiting for strut upgrade to be in stock.
                                        Robart tires and Callie Graphics are here and ready. I also want to get the Mobius Mini cam for those close formation flights

Eddie
                                        We should be having some fun flying in January!

Comment

• Frustrating! Shipped last week with a little extra for expedited shipping and original shipping notice said "Monday". Now all I'm reading is "delayed in transit". Lesson learned, don't bother with paying more for expedited shipping with USPS. Useless government employees where aptitude and performance are not required to keep your job or promotion.

Comment

Working...
                                          X