Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine is catching sometimes right side up. On one of the last flights I did last weekend, I had it happened. Cycled the gear and it was fine.
    Pat

Comment

• My gear doors don't hang up but I have noticed the right outboard main gear door pops open on occasion when pulling tight turns.

Comment

• hey i have 2 of those 4258 650kv motors same as what,s in the fms p-40 lol they fit haha if i can find some shorter prop mounts wonder how it will do.120mph think? lol be fun to find out! heck running 2 4000 4cells anyways.

Comment

• Motor mounts will be different for sure and check the ESC's, too pretty an airplane to be lying in a big blue heep..

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
            All cables had enough length, no extensions required. Hopefully the attached pics help.
            Thanks for the pics, glad to see the cables reach. Am waiting for a new receiver for this plane, Can then assemble the plane to check for any problems. Unfortunately the maiden will not likely happen now till Spring.

Comment

• Anything new on the OPTIONAL sprung landing gear for the Flightline F7F?

Does the nose gear hanging up seem to be a random occurrence or is the problem widespread and will require parts modification?

Has Motion indicated if they have advised Freewing about the problem?

Comment

• How did you apply the Gloss Spar Urethane? I would love to use an airbrush, but I think it is too thick for my brush. If you used an airbrush, what type?
                Last edited by Pheonix; Dec 30, 2016, 11:56 PM. Reason: Sorry for the spelling.

Comment

• I intended to put a gyro in mine. Good to to ear the plane is so stable that one is not needed. I will try without one for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonRhone View Post
                    Anything new on the OPTIONAL sprung landing gear for the Flightline F7F?

Does the nose gear hanging up seem to be a random occurrence or is the problem widespread and will require parts modification?

Has Motion indicated if they have advised Freewing about the problem?
                    So far its random, ie extremely low percentage, but we know. Thanks Don.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                      How did you apply the Gloss Spar Urethane? I would love to use an airbrush, but I think it is too thick for my brush. If you used an airbrush, what type?
                      I used a foam brush, no airbrush. I have a couple minor runs on some edges, something I'll fix later when I get some touch up paint.

Comment

How did you apply the Gloss Spar Urethane? I would love to use an airbrush, but I think it is too thick for my brush. If you used an airbrush, what type?
                        Foam brush is the way to go. I layer it on one way and then spread it out the other, and watch for drips/runs. Not that I put it on that thick that it will run for sure, but its a thin water based coat and you can either let it dry and watch or hair dryer it, carefully !
                        The first coat will sink into the foam and look streaky when dry, the second will eliminate most of the streaking, the third will give you what you're looking for.

I learned with Minwax that its best to brush it, the room quickly gets thick with Minwax so a mask or a well ventilated room is a definite.
                        So, I haven't tried Varathane with an airbrush, but if you are worried about the thickness, add some water. Spray paint as a general rule should be about the thickness of milk, not a hard and fast rule but a good starting point. Have a paper towel with Windex on it and clear the spray nozzle frequently.
                        If you want to spray, I'd recommend leaving that for the last coat.
                        The stuff goes on great with a foam brush though and its a cleaner job, up to you

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                          Foam brush is the way to go. I layer it on one way and then spread it out the other, and watch for drips/runs. Not that I put it on that thick that it will run for sure, but its a thin water based coat and you can either let it dry and watch or hair dryer it, carefully !
                          The first coat will sink into the foam and look streaky when dry, the second will eliminate most of the streaking, the third will give you what you're looking for.

I learned with Minwax that its best to brush it, the room quickly gets thick with Minwax so a mask or a well ventilated room is a definite.
                          So, I haven't tried Varathane with an airbrush, but if you are worried about the thickness, add some water. Spray paint as a general rule should be about the thickness of milk, not a hard and fast rule but a good starting point. Have a paper towel with Windex on it and clear the spray nozzle frequently.
                          If you want to spray, I'd recommend leaving that for the last coat.
                          The stuff goes on great with a foam brush though and its a cleaner job, up to you

Grossman56
                          I'll second that, foam brush is easy. One thing about spraying, you will need to mask off everything that you don't want to get the Varathane on. For example, the light lens covers and the clear canopy. For the canopy frame, I used a 1" wide brush and trimed it down to the width of the canopy frame. Worked great. I only applied two coats. I want to fly the plane a few times, then I'll probably fix the minor runs and add a third coat.

Comment

• There you go. Remember that its water based so when it dries, its not leaving a lot of weight behind as the water evaporates. My Bearcat has three coats, and the CG is still spot on, 4000's all the way forward.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• I read in the review that someone sprayed Minwax on the bird. Did you use an airbrush or spray can? I might try the spray can and see how this works out.

Comment

• Messy! It atomizes just about as much in the air as on the plane.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey pilots! Happy New Year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                                    Hey pilots! Happy New Year!
                                    Happy New Year Ryan

Comment

I read in the review that someone sprayed Minwax on the bird. Did you use an airbrush or spray can? I might try the spray can and see how this works out.
                                      I sprayed one of my FLRC Bearcats with WBPU semi-gloss from a spray can. I wish I hadn't. It doesn't go on very evenly and actually has a rough texture and to get decent coverage left some milky areas. Would have looked way better if I'd just stuck with brushing it on.
                                      If you want a nice very glossy finish, might try Future floor wax. Very hard and durable and sprays well. Been using it on plastic models for years but is very glossy and will not yellow. Mainly use it for canopies as it makes them very clear and eliminates scratches. I haven't tried it on an RC yet but if I ever need a high gloss finish I'm going to try it.

Comment

• The brush is the way to go. Then, if you really want shine, let's see, what do I have with a plastic finish that I really want to shine??
                                        How about the truck??
                                        So, I tried 'Maquires Gold Class carnauba car wax plus'
                                        That helps

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• i been using that johnson pledge floor care man it is shiny and so far holds up great in sun.use foam brush.i tried that minwax this floor care is lots shinier seems tougher too.but that,s just my opinion.anyone else try the johnson floor care?

Comment

Working...
                                          X