Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang Dan. Shes beautiful as usual. Nothing more and nothing less from you bud. Big thumbs up:Cool:. Cant wait to see her with her markings.:).
    Dewey l

Comment

• Here's the days work, still have some stuff to get done, but the majority of it is finished, dang camera is having trouble translating the color!!
      The closest is in post 866, but even that isn't quite right. The best I can explain it is just like the real one!!

Here's some eye candy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9604.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	72685Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9603.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	72686Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9606.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	72687Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9612.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	72688

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Looking good G-man ;)
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looks beautiful Dan! You are a true arteest.:)

Roy B.

Comment

• Mr. G , in final touch look awesome...all kudos !

Comment

• I am putting together my new Flightline Tigercat and glued the fuselage together with the supplied glue. I always leave some glue on a paper plate to make sure it dries and at 24 hours although the glue is harder it is still slightly tacky and I can make an impression in it with my fingernail. Is this normal or do I have a problem? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by flyrcairplanes View Post
                I am putting together my new Flightline Tigercat and glued the fuselage together with the supplied glue. I always leave some glue on a paper plate to make sure it dries and at 24 hours although the glue is harder it is still slightly tacky and I can make an impression in it with my fingernail. Is this normal or do I have a problem? Thanks
                Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Yes, it will stay tacky but you should be ok using the supplied glue as there's not that much stress on the rear section of the fuselage. In the future I would highly recommend Foam-Tac, it's hands down the best adhesive for foam.
                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Thanks for the reply. I will give it a tug after another 24 hours to make sure it stays together. I will pick up some Foam-Tac as I am getting back into the hobby after a 10 year hiatus and it seems like everything is foam now.

Comment

• Hey Flyrcairplanes. That is typical for all contact type base adhesives and normal. They remain flexible. At anytime that you want a hard nonflexable joint you need to use rhe epoxy of your choice. If useing epoxy ive found that Epo Grip is hard to beat if your looking for one for 12 hour cure.:Cool:.
                    Dewey l

Comment

• Painting is finished, waiting for it to dry a little and then back out into the sun. There's a few minor tape pull touch ups around the canopy, no biggie. BTW, the antiglare shield on the nose is hand painted, not bad for 63!!
                      Stay tuned.......

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Ok boys, don't mean to bore you with all the pics but for all those out there wondering how the finished product looks............
                        This was her on Tuesday
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9562.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	72778
                        This is her on Sunday

This Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9616.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	72770Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9618.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	72771Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9620.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	72772Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9621.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	72773Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9623.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	72774Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9626.JPG
Views:	368
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	72775Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9627.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	72776Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9630.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	72777
                        Trying to get angles where you can see the pearl, it's pretty cool.
                        You'll note the chrome exhaust areas air intakes and gunports. Testors Chrome Silver, great paint!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• I am drooling at this work and so in awe of what some can do with their talents. I do well just to build period. We have some talent at something; I am just trying to figure what mine is. I did fairly well with my first cat but was not satisfied with the outcome; therefore, I ordered another one and hope to do a better job. Grossman you are the MAN!

Comment

• I see on fb this morning fms are releasing their 1700mm tigercat? This copying thing is getting a bit out of control imho... :-S

grossman, that's just freaking awesome. Nice job mate. :)

Comment

• Maidened my Tigercat yesterday - everything went very well. What a fantastic model. I have to say, it was much more sensitive to the flaps than what I had been led to believe. With flaps down in a typical takeoff position (maybe 10% angle), it went almost straight up at takeoff. Then later when I put them down to that same position during slow flight, the plane "ballooned" and slowed down markedly. I guess I need more down trim (I had some). As advertised, it behaved itself and came in for a gentle landing so I was happy. I didn't try putting the flaps ALL the way down. I'm using 3600mah packs and flew for 5 min with plenty left over.

Question for ALPHA or anyone else who knows - the model seems to have a spot for a tail hook to live, but there was no tail hook included in the kit. Why not? I'd like to have that detail. The Dauntless has one...

By the way I am well-experienced with several MRC birds in my hanger. I just didn't bother joining the squawk until today, but I have been reading for a LONG time.
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Good to hear about your successful maiden flight :)
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your successful maiden.

Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Question for ALPHA or anyone else who knows - the model seems to have a spot for a tail hook to live, but there was no tail hook included in the kit. Why not? I'd like to have that detail. The Dauntless has one...
                                  Do you have any pictures of a F7F-3 tail hook in the retracted position? If you do that will answer your question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                    Ok boys, don't mean to bore you with all the pics but for all those out there wondering how the finished product looks............
                                    This was her on Tuesday

Trying to get angles where you can see the pearl, it's pretty cool.
                                    You'll note the chrome exhaust areas air intakes and gunports. Testors Chrome Silver, great paint!!

Grossman56
                                    Awesome job Grossman!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                      Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your successful maiden.

Do you have any pictures of a F7F-3 tail hook in the retracted position? If you do that will answer your question.
                                      OK I gotcha. In the retracted position only the tip at the end is showing... Maybe I'll add that.
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Almost done but as I was trying to put on the flap rods/clevises I noticed they were too short. Did those clevises work for anyone else or am I missing something? thanks again
                                        Last edited by flyrcairplanes; Apr 25, 2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyrcairplanes View Post
                                          Almost done but as I was trying to put on the aileron rods/clevises I noticed they were too short. Did those clevises work for anyone else or am I missing something? thanks again
                                          The pushrod set has a bunch of different lengths, these are listed in the manual with different mm lengths shown. My guess is that you used the aileron rods for the flaps by accident.
                                          My experience was that the rods were slightly short for the outboard flaps (but usable) and all the others were just about perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                          X