Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That looks awesome Brandon! When you decide to maiden, let me know and I'll try to be there with the video camera.
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
      Here is a little more progress on the Folding wing new Tigercat I've been working on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKyLv3W11GE
      cool beans!

Comment

• Hey Brandon, once again you've knocked it out of the park!! Brad

Comment

• What's the word on these coming back in stock?

Comment

• Just a thought Brandon, I wonder how hard it would be to run a servo controlled locking pin carbon tube that would slide from the wing tip spar to the root, or vise versa. I wouldn't think it wouldn't​ take much and from what I seen in the video just that little bit would be enough security to keep her Ridgid. It would be pretty cool. Either way you go if it requires lock down. She looks and functions great! :)

Comment

• Here's ilistrated my idea.

Comment

• Hey rifleman-btx, like that idea and your illustration. The Banana Hobbies LX F-18 had that sort of setup and the carbon fiber rod went about an 1 1/2" into the outer wing panel. It was spring loaded so the servo only had to retract it, not push it out. I think they still have a video showing that action on their promotional video. I had that plane but it just couldn't hack the grass field and it eventually died from a sudden burst of gravity!!LOL Like the operable A-10 canopy, the wing mechanism seemed to work pretty well. Brad

Comment

• Ah gravity. That evil force that catches them all sooner or later..

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_9365.jpg Views:	1 Size:	124.9 KB ID:	71063Click image for larger version  Name:	image_9362.jpg Views:	1 Size:	123.1 KB ID:	71060Click image for larger version  Name:	image_9364.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.5 KB ID:	71062Click image for larger version  Name:	image_9361.jpg Views:	2 Size:	122.7 KB ID:	71059 Here is a little more progress on the Folding wing new Tigercat I've been working on

She's about 85% complete, still need to add ESC's and finish out the decals along with more detailing to come later.The Wings can be locked down with the ins...

Well folks, the new custom decals are in for my folding wing F7F "Kitty Cat" project. I'm sure there are a few here and the MotionRC Folks that will get a big kick out of them. ;)

Just to define the meaning intended in what I did and had made by Callie-Graphics

1. The Tail # 500 is the number of my first assigned plane in the Navy during my first enlistment of many, when I started out as a Plane Captain for the Commanders bird "500" VA-196 NAS Whidbey Isl. WA.
                    2. The designation "FA" is meant for "FUN AIRPLANE" also Fighter Attack.
                    3. I also put a Female pilot in it (Evelyn) and she's flying as a "Wave"
                    4. The nomenclature aircraft specs under the pilot location right side ...is self explanatory, as is the ...the assigned squadron and carrier on the empennage.
                    5. I built it in 2017 and 100% cool plane off the line.... hence I picked the numbers "17100" for the tail flash

I also added 2 extra landing lights. one on the opposite wing and in the nose gear door. all 3 turn on/off with the retraction of the gear.
                    Also the extra lighting on the fuselage, which is run from one of the flight batteries, is actually a low voltage warning back up setup that will tell me when the battery gets below 3.5V per cell.... by starting to blink very rapidly. They can be set to constant on -or- slow blinking. I've been using this system for a while now on several other planes, and it works like a charm and draws very little juice from the battery.
                    Attached Files
                    Brandon Moon

Comment

• There is still a bit more decaling to add, but for for the most part it's done. More pictures later.
                      Alpha, Tom, and Mark....eat your heart out :P well done on the Tiger Kitty :Cool:.....one of my favorites :)

Now....where is that TBF Avenger?
                      Attached Files
                      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Wow... great job mate. You have waaay too much spare time on your hands... ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                          Wow... great job mate. You have waaay too much spare time on your hands... ;)
                          YUUUP, unemployed and bored stiff. Gotta be do'n something to keep me from going stir crazy ;)
                          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Know that feeling all too well. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post

YUUUP, unemployed and bored stiff. Gotta be do'n something to keep me from going stir crazy ;)
                              More than once I've thought it'd be good to live near you. Sure I could keep you busy painting a few models for me. ;)

Comment

• Looks fantastic Brandon! Can't wait to see this beauty in person.
                                Pat

Comment

More than once I've thought it'd be good to live near you. Sure I could keep you busy painting a few models for me. ;)
                                  I'de bloody well do them, you know that, and sure could use the work....job hunting is NOT going well :Angry:
                                  Brandon Moon

Comment

• I know you guys in the USA have much higher unemployment rates than we do, but I think it's a sign of the times lately. A mate of mine recently sent out his cv for over 120 advertised jobs, not a single response. Despite him being very well qualified. Wish you the best of luck mate, you just gotta keep trying. Don't give up or let it get you down. Look at it as if it's a great opportunity to find something that you love doing. There's a great job out there for you somewhere mate, you just gotta find it.

Failing that, I'll get motion to send my a10, avanti and spitty to you...should keep you busy for a bit. ;)

Comment

I know you guys in the USA have much higher unemployment rates than we do, but I think it's a sign of the times lately. A mate of mine recently sent out his cv for over 120 advertised jobs, not a single response. Despite him being very well qualified. Wish you the best of luck mate, you just gotta keep trying. Don't give up or let it get you down. Look at it as if it's a great opportunity to find something that you love doing. There's a great job out there for you somewhere mate, you just gotta find it.

Failing that, I'll get motion to send my a10, avanti and spitty to you...should keep you busy for a bit. ;)
                                      Thanks for the encouragement, I've sent out over 460 resumes since December last year and nothing :Angry: and only 2 interview that lead nowhere...job position closed.
                                      I'm also liking that FL spitty myself....have already seen the prototype up close and personal...it's nice, but also keeping my eye on the new Avios "spitty" as well ;)
                                      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Still have a few other little cosmetic things to do, like put a "hook" in the butt of it ;) Just wouldn't be Navy if it didn't have it's hook. Plus a few other little surprises that are hiding under the wings I'm still working on ;)

And then of course...there is SOUND ;) still tossing that one around? But I do have a free Bendini system available ???? ;) Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0701.JPG Views:	2 Size:	123.1 KB ID:	71101Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0695.JPG Views:	1 Size:	136.8 KB ID:	71102 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0713.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	71104
                                        Attached Files
                                        Brandon Moon

Comment

• Nice

Comment

Working...
                                          X