Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice job on the repaint and a very fitting name for it.

Comment

• Thank you. Cant wait to see it in the air again which might be a while our weather here is cold and wet:Rainning:.

Comment

• Very nice MB, it was a good decision to rebuild.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
          Here are the pics on the repaint. Its not authentic to any particular unit, just wanted to make it mine. I think it came out pretty nice. I have named this Tcat "Phoenix" since it rose from the ashes.
          That looks really Good Baron
          Still Learning:D

Comment

• Congrats!! Looks cool! :Cool::Cool::Cool: Happy for you.

Comment

• Hi MB , very stylish by my favorite no gloss green dark :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                Here are the pics on the repaint. Its not authentic to any particular unit, just wanted to make it mine. I think it came out pretty nice. I have named this Tcat "Phoenix" since it rose from the ashes.
                Looks great MB!!
                Now you'll have a unique bird to fly, best of luck with her, she's a sweetheart!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Nice work MB! We all told you it'd be worth the rebuild! She's a keeper! :Cool:

Comment

• Not completed it yet - waiting on star and bar from Callie.
                    Korean War livery.

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                      Not completed it yet - waiting on star and bar from Callie.
                      Korean War livery.
                      Looks Great! Nice job on the panel lines! Aren't you concerned with gatoring ?

Comment

• DPD,
                        No, for two reasons:
                        First the navy blue is almost as dark as the black finish and I have not had a problem with my previous TCat gatoring. Possibly because prior to applying the paint, I applied a two coats of clear flat Minwax which is fairly reflective and might possibly keep it from gatoring.
                        Secondly, i usually fly between sun up and 10:30am with the “early birds” at our club field so the sun is not at that time a major factor. I also use the shade to my advantage when “parking” the aircraft on the “tarmac.”

Thanks for your concern, I’ll keep the gator problem on my mind as I fly this bird - especially here in Sunny Southwest Florida.
                        Also thanks for your comment on the finish. Dug out my old airbrush and gave it a try. I suppose I am thinking this might be practice for the birdcage corsair I am planning to get.
                        Keep ’em flying!!!
                        Last edited by theoldALFER; Jan 15, 2019, 02:27 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections-

Comment

• When the weather decides to cooperate I will try to get some in flight pics

Comment

• Originally posted by rcboone2000 View Post
                            Try the prop mod before you change motors. I did the zip tie mod on mine and it picked up the peformance a lot
                            You cant do the zip tie mod on those props, it has no spinner backplates

Comment

• I just got the nomenclature sheet for the Tigercat from Callie graphics. Does anyone know where one might find out where the nomenclature should be placed - for example: fuel filler, oil filler, jack point, etc. Otherwise I guess I’ll just have to use the SWAG method.

Comment

• ALFER
                                I might have a book at home that might show were the decals are placed. After I get home from work I'll see if my book shows any info.

Comment

• Mad Baron,
                                  Thank you!
                                  (or as we say here in beautiful SW Florida, “Mucho grassyass.”)
                                  toA

Comment

• ALFER
                                    I looked thru my book that I have and there is no clear pics of the nomenclature.

Comment

• Hey MB, I like your new paint mate!

Woody

Comment

• MB,
                                        Thnk you for trying.
                                        toA

Comment

• DUMB QUESTION TIME:
                                          I forgot...which motor does the reverse prop go on? Left (Port) or Right (Starboard)?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X