X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
    Started on the paint job on the Tcat today. Got the wings primed this afternoon.
    Can't wait to see the final results! :)

Comment

• I have the wings finished but I need to order some more paint since the wings took most of it (a lot of surface to cover). I'll post a pic of the wings tomorrow the paint covered most of the repair! I have some nose art that I am going to send to Callie to see if she can make these up for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post
        Here is another setup. Received the B25 props today. They kinda fit on the P38 shafts but were about an inch or more from the housing. Looked kind of off..I cut the back half inch off the props and they look much better now. Glued some sandpaper to the back of the prop so they would grip the aluminum shaft plate. There was no size or pitch info on the props. They measure 3/4 in longer than stock and look to be a lighter pitch. A- 6 or 4 possibly. Weather permitting I will take it up tomorrow and see how she flies. It does look better with the three blades on it and if anything it looks more realistic with the bigger props. Ground clearance in 1 3/4.
        I'm very interested to see how your mods fly, please keep us posted! These look like they're from the big LX B-25, right?
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Here is another setup. Received the B25 props today. They kinda fit on the P38 shafts but were about an inch or more from the housing. Looked kind of off..I cut the back half inch off the props and they look much better now. Glued some sandpaper to the back of the prop so they would grip the aluminum shaft plate. There was no size or pitch info on the props. They measure 3/4 in longer than stock and look to be a lighter pitch. A- 6 or 4 possibly. Weather permitting I will take it up tomorrow and see how she flies. It does look better with the three blades on it and if anything it looks more realistic with the bigger props. Ground clearance in 1 3/4.
          Presto............. a little search of the thread could have saved you a little grief regarding the use of the LX B-25 props.
          Back in Mar 2017 on post#783 I documented the use of these props by incorporating a rock solid prop shaft that didn't require any grinding of the hub or use of sandpaper.
          The FMS 1300mm 3D plane motor shaft is your ticket.

Alpha............ the prop mod fly's very well ;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Good to know, Charlie, thanks! I've got spares in storage somewhere from my old Taft B-25. 'Might also come in handy for the OV-10 I make for you in 2025. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              Good to know, Charlie, thanks! I've got spares in storage somewhere from my old Taft B-25. 'Might also come in handy for the OV-10 I make for you in 2025. :P
              LOL..............2025 :Sick2: You make us wait that long and I'm sure some haters will arise :Scared:
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Ha, I eat haters for breakfast. They're delicious!

Comment

I used the LX B-25 props and their adapter which was a direct bolt on. They don't perform as well as the stock props, I have seen put the complete power system from the FMS Tigercat in mine;)
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                    Good to know, Charlie, thanks! I've got spares in storage somewhere from my old Taft B-25. 'Might also come in handy for the OV-10 I make for you in 2025. :P
                    HEY HEY NOW, play nice! :)No need to make us wait that long! ;)

Comment

• I bet i print one before you make it alpha! Challenge offered! LOL:)

Comment

That's exactly where mine failed..the screw ripped right through the hub. I tweaked it a bit pre-flight to make sure they were tight and BOOM. Glad I wasn't way in the air when it happened. The P38 prop shafts work perfect with the two blade prop and the prop nut from the P38 also...I wasted some time and money with the B25 stuff. Good thing is I will have a spare set to make it a 3 blade again I guess...lol Will post pictures tomorrow...
                        Mine 3!!! They are very poorly designed in my 30 years machinist / injection mold design experience opinion. There is a sharp corner in a very thin cross section where screw head tightens. Even though I caused mine to fail with loctite (what I was told) I suspect this will fail regardless with such a design flaw.

I waited 5 weeks and 2 days to order replacemts last night when I received a notification at 7pm. Checked at 4:30 this morning and see they are already back out of stock. There’s a reason they can’t be kept in stock. This needs to be redesigned imo.

Comment

• I ran the amps on the B25 props..they draw 43 amp so definitely not a power improvement. For some reason though...maybe torque? The vertical on mine just went unlimited. The speed for me is just fine it's still a pretty fast bird and I love the fact that the props are bulletproof now.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Presto............. a little search of the thread could have saved you a little grief regarding the use of the LX B-25 props.
                            Back in Mar 2017 on post#783 I documented the use of these props by incorporating a rock solid prop shaft that didn't require any grinding of the hub or use of sandpaper.
                            The FMS 1300mm 3D plane motor shaft is your ticket.

Alpha............ the prop mod fly's very well ;)
                            Hahahah...I am a little slow I suppose. And pretty new to these forums. Do your props still stick way out from the housing? The back half of the B25 prop was a little more than a half inch that I cut off ! Was kind of a pain in the ass. I do love the way the prop nut sits in the propeller housing though. Looks quite nice. And I didn't really notice a performance difference. The amp draw is 43 and it seems like the vertical got a lot better. Maybe more torque instead of speed? Love this aircraft. Quickly becoming my favorite in the hanger. I bet the Flightline guys just cant cover everything and it's probably even harder to field test when you have awesome pilots at the stick that make landing and taking off look like glass. I admit I am rough on planes. Don't really crash anymore unless it's a mech fail but I toss them around in the air and slap the ground on occasion. Hence the front pin mod....hahahah

Comment

Hahahah...I am a little slow I suppose. And pretty new to these forums. Do your props still stick way out from the housing? The back half of the B25 prop was a little more than a half inch that I cut off ! Was kind of a pain in the ass. I do love the way the prop nut sits in the propeller housing though. Looks quite nice. And I didn't really notice a performance difference. The amp draw is 43 and it seems like the vertical got a lot better. Maybe more torque instead of speed? Love this aircraft. Quickly becoming my favorite in the hanger. I bet the Flightline guys just cant cover everything and it's probably even harder to field test when you have awesome pilots at the stick that make landing and taking off look like glass. I admit I am rough on planes. Don't really crash anymore unless it's a mech fail but I toss them around in the air and slap the ground on occasion. Hence the front pin mod....hahahah
                              I don't believe they did nor did others that saw it at both NEFI and eWeek.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0582.JPG
Views:	526
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	166085Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0608.JPG
Views:	481
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	166086
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I don't believe they did nor did others that saw it at both NEFI and eWeek.

Name:	IMG_0582.JPG
Views:	526
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	166085Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0608.JPG
Views:	481
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	166086
                                That looks awesome!

Comment

• Well she's not too pretty but she sure is fast...

I used a set of FMS Tigercat motors and props (stock 60A ESCs) powered by a single Admiral 6S 4000 Pro and can get about 15 minutes of mixed flying.

Name:	20181217_195637987_iOS.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	167157

The nose wheel, nose strut and main wheels are also from a FMS Tigercat. The main struts are from a Flightline 1600mm Spitfire.

Name:	20181217_195726736_iOS.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	167156

Name:	20181217_195717638_iOS.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	167155

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• NICE............ When we first met, I knew you were a first class modder (like me;)) LOL
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                      Well she's not too pretty but she sure is fast...

I used a set of FMS Tigercat motors and props (stock 60A ESCs) powered by a single Admiral 6S 4000 Pro and can get about 15 minutes of mixed fl

The nose wheel, nose strut and main wheels are also from a FMS Tigercat. The main struts are from a Flightline 1600mm Spitfire.

I like it TI! Sue looks sweet:Cool: Was there much hassle doing the nose strut?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post

I like it TI! Sue looks sweet:Cool: Was there much hassle doing the nose strut?
                                        Not really.
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• How were you able to cram the 6S battery in it? Could you post a pic?

Comment

Working...
                                          X