Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
    DUMB QUESTION TIME:
    I forgot...which motor does the reverse prop go on? Left (Port) or Right (Starboard)?

Thanks!

STARBOARD ;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• OV10:

Roger that & thanks.

Many moons ago I wanted to fly the Mohawk...or even the Bou, but those guys in Blue took all the fixed wing fun away from us OD folks and left us with the Huey. As they were falling out of the sky at an alarming rate due to some guy called Charley I opted to just visit beautiful SE Asia as an 02 in the Army Corp of Engineers. “I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.”

Anyway, enough of my ramblings...time to finish up the Cat.
      ​​

Comment

OV10:

Roger that & thanks.

Many moons ago I wanted to fly the Mohawk...or even the Bou, but those guys in Blue took all the fixed wing fun away from us OD folks and left us with the Huey. As they were falling out of the sky at an alarming rate due to some guy called Charley I opted to just visit beautiful SE Asia as an 02 in the Army Corp of Engineers. “I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.”

Anyway, enough of my ramblings...time to finish up the Cat.
        ​​
        Thank you for your service to our wonderful country Bro!!! Bravo!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Gatoring?
          I just ordered graphics from Callie....hope they are not an issue
          Got them for the Invader also....but that is an Oracoat finish on a built up frame....not painted foam.
          Like Alfer...I am in Florida. Flying is generally done by 11am

Comment

• Roger that W888 -

And because Happy Hour begins around noon

:Drinks:

Comment

• I’ve searched. But——.
              Everything working on my F7F but the retracts. Using a Lemon stabilizer +. Set it up by the book!
              Maybe travel adjustments? Sometimes it will cycle once if I reverse the “servo”. My DX9 monitor shows switch A giving full travel.
              So close. HELP!

Comment

• This is the Lemon+ receiver guiding me.

Comment

• Oops.

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

• What’s up with Motion RC tech support.

Called them today asking if Lemon Stab+ would work in the F7F because I was having trouble setting it up. He said it would not work and I would have to buy their Admiral receiver.

Well I kept working with the Lemon and got it working. All functions work properly and the BIG DEAL is its mode switching works in all 3 modes on 3 way switch on my DX9.

THE ADMIRAL CAN ONLY RECOGNIZE 2 MODES. PERIOD!!!

Admiral RC has a great reputation BUT———————.

Amy one need help? Happy to help.

Comment

• Oops! MotionRC.

Comment

• I was looking at getting another Tcat but I will have save up some more bucks since the price went up. :Angry:

Comment

• Across the board or so it seems.

Comment

• If Anybody has the nomenclature set from Callie and is looking for placement of these graphics, Callie has sent me a PDF. If you’re interested I’d be happy to forward it to you by email. Just contact me and I will get it out to you.
                            PS - I’m not sure how the “PM” thing works, so be patient with me :Thinking:

Comment

• Finally!

Comment

Finally!
                                Nice!!! Really nice, subtle but effective weathering... :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Looks great Alfer. Make sure you get some UV protectant on it or make sure to cover it or put it in the shade. One thing I wished I'd have done with mine is to put a small hole in the top rear of the canopy to let the heat out, that's the only place I have gatoring.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• I put two coats of Minwax over the factory blue before I applied the black.
                                    I could do an “overcoat” of Flat Minwax .... wadda you think? Or is there something better to get the UV protection?

Comment

• Looks fantastic oldALFER! Nice work on the weathering! :Cool:

Comment

I put two coats of Minwax over the factory blue before I applied the black.
                                        I could do an “overcoat” of Flat Minwax .... wadda you think? Or is there something better to get the UV protection?
                                        I used the Minwax Flat finish on my Spitfire after applying the paint and have not had any trouble yet. The only place I could find the flat (as opposed to the Matte finish) was online. I sprayed it on for maximum 'flatness'. As I've stated before, for maximum gloss, use a brush, for maximum flat, use a spray gun.

With a black finish, I think I would do a post paint coat. Easier than dealing with the gatoring. I refinished my P-40 in gloss and it took 6 coats and some sanding, then two more coats of gloss to get rid of the gatoring. Good thing I have a 6s system in her.LOL Actually. I find it funny when people worry about how much extra weight you add when applying a water based finish but don't seem t worry about the extra weight that a sound system adds. HMMM:Thinking::Thinking:

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Quote from Grossman 56..........'' when people worry about how much extra weight you add when applying a water based finish but don't seem to worry about the extra weight that a sound system adds....''....Bravo :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X