First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
    Ordered the landing gear upgrade...
    MB,
    Did you order all three? I was thinking of doing just the nose gear. :Confused:

Comment

• I bought the set with the mains and the nose gear. Still have to install them yet.

Comment

• I tried the upgraded mains and nose gear and was not too pleased with the mains, everything kept coming lose. I put the stock mains back on and its fine. Tired Iron used the 1600 mm Spitfire mains on his and said it worked great. Since I'll need a new set of Spitty tires at some point, I'm just going to order the complete mains set for the Spitty and kill two birds...

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
          I tried the upgraded mains and nose gear and was not too pleased with the mains, everything kept coming lose. I put the stock mains back on and its fine. Tired Iron used the 1600 mm Spitfire mains on his and said it worked great. Since I'll need a new set of Spitty tires at some point, I'm just going to order the complete mains set for the Spitty and kill two birds...

Grossman56
          I did the same mains recommended by Tired Iron and the nose recommended by OV10. I have no problems with either and everything works great! :Cool:

Comment

• You should see this dude with the FMS motors, ESCs and props...it will take off in about two feet :Cool:
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
              You should see this dude with the FMS motors, ESCs and props...it will take off in about two feet :Cool:
              I'll bet that's real impressive! :Cool: does it give you more torque?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post

I did the nose gear recommended by OV10. I have no problems with ... :Cool:
                DPD,
                What nose gear please. :Thinking:
                Thanks. :Cool:
                Last edited by theoldALFER; Mar 22, 2019, 03:17 PM. Reason: Spelling errors duhhhh

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post

DPD,
                  What nose gear please. :Thinking:
                  Thanks. :Cool:
                  Here ya go ALFER ;)

Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Well I am going to see how this gear set works before I spend more bucks on another gear set.

Comment

• Thanks OV :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                        Well I am going to see how this gear set works before I spend more bucks on another gear set.
                        I put a set of the upgraded gear on and like it. The only issue has been prop strikes when you get too heavy on the front gear. I moves a lot and I have the B52 bomber props on it that are a half inch longer than the stock ones. I stuck a rod in the front tine so it doesn't move much now but still looks good. Hoping that will fix the issue. If it doesn't I will go to the single blade props. The ones I am using are expensive at about 13 a piece and you have to buy the set.

Comment

• I had to put the stock gear back on my Tcat today. I was able to install the nose gear, but when I went to the mains I couldn't get the grub screws to loosen up even with heat from my soldering gun the screws would not move. :Angry: GRRRRR!!!! $44 bucks down the drain!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                            Thanks OV10....:Cool: It's been a busy weekend now that warmer weather is here! :Whew:

Comment

• Went to maden her today. Everything checked out, put her on the flightline, went to taxi out and… she backed up very nicely. Can you believe, both motors were running backwards! Right from the factory!!! Yep that was my fault ...Didn’t check which direction the prop blast was going. Dumb. :(:Silly::Angry:
                              oh well back to the hanger for some minor adjustments :wacky:Loser:
                              Last edited by theoldALFER; Mar 25, 2019, 09:42 PM. Reason: Correcting the “auto corrections”

Comment

• :Confused: Switch sides with your props.... ;)

Comment

• Hardway,

Well that did the trick.
                                  Both props now “pull” with the prop wash over the wings. Rotation is away from the fuselage. My reverse prop is now on the port (left).
                                  Such a simple “fix” ... thanks :Cool::Cool::Cool:

theoldALFER

PS: Are you up on the FlightLine 1600mm Corsair site? Have you gotten it? I’m a few weeks fry placing my order but have begun some mod on parts I picked up from the spare parts section on MRC.

Last edited by theoldALFER; Mar 26, 2019, 09:24 AM. Reason: Added PS

Comment

• I glad that worked!!! ;) Yes, I have the Corsair. (Birdcage) version! :Cool: Nice model!!

Comment

• I'm wanting to get the nomenclature decals from Callie Graphics for my TC but I can't find anything that shows me where they all would go. I was able to locate a webpage for my Flightline Corsair, but nothing on the TC. Does anyone have a link they could share? Looking to give it that little extra touch. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellke View Post
                                        I'm wanting to get the nomenclature decals from Callie Graphics for my TC but I can't find anything that shows me where they all would go. I was able to locate a webpage for my Flightline Corsair, but nothing on the TC. Does anyone have a link they could share? Looking to give it that little extra touch. Thanks
                                        I contacted Callie and she sent me a pdf with locactions. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post

I contacted Callie and she sent me a pdf with locactions. :Cool:

Great. I didn't know the locations were included w/ the decals.

Comment

Working...
                                          X