X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great picture Pete, she looks great!
    Good to hear the success stories of this plane, right out of the box. As a point of interest to all who are lucky enough to be flying this bird, the battery information is valuable as the first thing I seem to hear when a new bird goes into the air is what size batteries everyone is using, so any information regarding them is good to post.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
      Progress on my "Firecat" conversion. Still have a ways to go with the paint details and "other" mods.
      For the foam you need special paint,What kind of paint are you using? I want to do a shiny so I just need clear.Yours looks real good.Thanks Dean

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

So far its random, ie extremely low percentage, but we know. Thanks Don.
        I think your wrong.I fixed mine by drilling a hole 1/4th inch up on the shaft and then cutting off excess that would hit the tire.Works great now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 70sflyer View Post

For the foam you need special paint,What kind of paint are you using? I want to do a shiny so I just need clear.Yours looks real good.Thanks Dean
          I just put a couple coats of WBPU over the original paint then used both enamel and acrylic enamel paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Great picture Pete, she looks great!
            Good to hear the success stories of this plane, right out of the box. As a point of interest to all who are lucky enough to be flying this bird, the battery information is valuable as the first thing I seem to hear when a new bird goes into the air is what size batteries everyone is using, so any information regarding them is good to post.

Grossman56
            Two Admiral 4000s, rear one all the way to the front and front one even with the front edge of the opening.

TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• My question here is will 2 2700s fly OK in this, or will it be tail heavy? I've got 40c 2700s I use for my p39, I would like to stick with using the same batteries for multiple planes so I have uniformity.

Comment

• I'm using the same 5000s for my p38 as my scratch built p39 as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                  Great picture Pete, she looks great!

Grossman56
                  Thanks Grossman, that pic was with my phone. Fast Eddie and I were at the field yesterday with both our Cats. He had a much better camera that he sent me a bunch of pics he took. Here are a few, along with a side by side for anyone wanting to see the difference between stock paint, or what it looks like with a couple coats of Varathane.

Well, I cant seem to upload any pictures with my laptop, so I'll try using my phone.

Comment

• Well, here are a few pics taken with my phone. Gives you some idea of the stock paint vs the Varathane. Eddies pics are much better. Perhaps he can post a couple. I like the bank turn shot with the mountains in the background. hint hint Eddie!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      My question here is will 2 2700s fly OK in this, or will it be tail heavy? I've got 40c 2700s I use for my p39, I would like to stick with using the same batteries for multiple planes so I have uniformity.
                      I flew ours with 2500 3000s 3600 and 4000. Check the weight of your 2700 with our 2500 and 3000. Your probably close. Should be fine.

Comment

• Cool, will do. Thank you sir

Comment

• And regarding the batteries, I used the Admiral 4s 4000 and the HP 4500. I cant tell any difference, other than maybe a longer flight time. I moved the batteries about as far back as I could get them. I cant tell you exactly where my CG is, but I can hold it on my fingertips right in front of that hard plastic plate where the mounting screw is. The CG is definitely in front of the recommended (73mm I think?) location, but the plane flies great. I flew it inverted for several seconds, and had to hold just a bit of down elevator.
                          This plane is a real keeper. It is really easy to take off, fly around for 6-7 minutes, and lands about as easy as a low wing "second plane".

And on top of all that, it looks reeeeeeeeally cool!!!

Comment

• 4g difference in the 3000 to my 2700. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteflys1 View Post
                              Well, here are a few pics taken with my phone. Gives you some idea of the stock paint vs the Varathane. Eddies pics are much better. Perhaps he can post a couple. I like the bank turn shot with the mountains in the background. hint hint Eddie!!
                              Here's some pics of Petes Tigercat last weekend. Weather was perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post
                                Here's some pics of Petes Tigercat last weekend. Weather was perfect.
                                Those are some really good shots, I like the landing picture the best.
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Can the Tigercat be run on the same 6 cell adaptor available for the P38

Comment

• Originally posted by lpcustom73 View Post
                                    Can the Tigercat be run on the same 6 cell adaptor available for the P38
                                    Haven't heard anyone doing it. Buy one and hook it up and let us know if it smokes the ESC's, motors or slings a blade..

Comment

• Out of work 3 days with a bug. What do you do? BOMBS!

Comment

• Can the Tigercat be run on the same 6 cell adapter available for the P 38, This adapter is a parallel adapter, which provides approximately 3 cells to each motor....... less voltage overall.

Comment

• Phatbob she looks great! Where did you get those bombs? They look really scale. I looked on Motion, but didn't find them. Thanks. Jim

Comment

Working...
                                          X