Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightline RC Tigercat F7F

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT............What is that chrome cone shaped flange serving as a collar/washer on the head of the socket head screw used as slide stop on the strut you pictured??
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Socket head washers
      yes Sir, it slides in this application.

Comment

I use them with these type fastners
        Ive learned to stock all sizes n lengths

Comment

Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
          Socket head washers
          yes Sir, it slides in this application.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/sockethe...___store=en_us
          THANX...........Never seen them before..............those are SWEET.............gotta get me some.:Cool:
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I'm gonna go with the stock gear for now, might get the upgrade if I feel I need to. But at the moment, I'm gonna give it a try on the stock wire

Comment

Game on!

Comment

Now just waiting on the batteries

Comment

Stock gear works fine! Nice to have the upgrades for rougher landing surfaces, but I never had any trouble with my stock gear, until I tried to remove it that is..........

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to getting this bird in the air!

Comment

A real easy flyer!
                      I went the 15/30 degrees for flaps. At 15 degrees, she didn't need any elevator mix and at 30 just a bit, she'll land without any flaps regardless, just comes in a little hotter.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Copy that, I need to lessen my full flap a little, as my mid flap pos is right at 15

Comment

Got her up and complete, just waiting for the batteries, even have the parallel adapter made and installed. Was hoping I could have done it direct to the esc wires. But wouldn't work since I have to remove the wings for storage and transport

Comment

Hmmm, parallel adapter ...
                            That actually makes sense, given that if you loose a battery for whatever reason, you won't lose a motor....
                            Have to run that one by CB.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Yes, actually, I think we both came to the same conclusion after he and I both lost our P38s to battery failure

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                Hmmm, parallel adapter ...
                                That actually makes sense, given that if you loose a battery for whatever reason, you won't lose a motor....
                                Have to run that one by CB.

Grossman56
                                You don't have to run that by me.............I have documented my voice on many of the twin engine airframe threads about running the batteries in parallel.
                                I REFUSE to have independent power sources per side. It is just asking for trouble :Scared:
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

Bingo! To heck with losing a plane on a cell failure or anything like that. Redundancy is the key to sucess. However esc fails and you're still screwed. But for the most part, it's the same chance you take with single engines as well as twins

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                    Got her up and complete,
                                    Rifleman_btx, the T-Cat looks great! I like it. When I've soothed my jet mania, this is a must have. Tango Yuma. Best, Elbee
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

You don't have to run that by me.............I have documented my voice on many of the twin engine airframe threads about running the batteries in parallel.
                                      I REFUSE to have independent power sources per side. It is just asking for trouble :Scared:
                                      I hear you CB, makes good sense to me as well... So what did you use??

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

What I've always done with ALL the twins.............parallel the ESC power leads into one connector and have a parallel adapter for the batteries.
                                        One connector from the 2 batts into one connector for the ESC's. The ESC's/motors see the same voltage and thus no surprises.
                                        If you get a cell go bad or you just become dumb about your time to where LVC is hit both motors come down and you dead stick like a any single in the same scenario.
                                        My only exception was the A-10 and that was because the EDF's are so close to the fuselage that I wasn't concerned about the yaw of the powered side like the prop driven twins.
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• There is no way to 100% guarantee you won;t have a "single-engine-out" You can reduce the chances, but not eliminate them.

I've had a motor spit the collet based prop adapter. That one is not too bad because you don;t have a windmilling prop to add drag to the side with the inoperable power system.

I've had one pull the engine mount off the firewall... fortunately pulling one motor wire loose so the motor didn't just keep chewing up the wing. TONS of drag with the motor hanging at an odd angle and the prop ticking against the wing and wheel.

Its nice to do stuff that reduces the chance. But its a good idea to practice some single-engine-out flying anyway.
                                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                          X