Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There ya go!

Comment

• Before trying to rewire my Tigercat with differant connectors, HobbyTown gave me a new harness. I installed it yesterday and test flew this morning.LOLI'm happy now. Everything is working normal.

Comment

• Wow! Very cool, you mean Hobbytown is good for something? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
          DK.......Actually the full size didn't have counter rotating props.
          I agree, It had two R2800 P&W engines that both rotated clockwise, as seen from the cockpit looking forward. But the P-38 model is correct, both rotating away from the nose, again as looking from the cockpit

Comment

• Anyone know what scale I should se when I order some markings from Callie?:Thinking:

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneDoc View Post
              Anyone know what scale I should se when I order some markings from Callie?:Thinking:
              1/10th
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Without the garbage background
                Attached Files

Comment

• That looks really good! Excellent job!

Comment

• Got home from Nefi and finally broke down and replaced the starboard nacelle on La Patrona. Wasn't as bad as I imagined it to be, took about six hours, painting included. One thing was that it was a lot easier to install the upgraded motors, I could hold the nacelle vertically and drill the new holes for the motor mount much easier not to mention getting the screws in the correct holes as well. As a tip, if you want to line up screw holes, three tooth picks will hold the motor mount in place while you thread the screw down the fourth hole. The only tricky part is threading the ESC cable back into the fuse. My wings are so sealed with paint that they were NOT coming off!!
                    So, with a bit of finagling, I got it by removing the control board and utilizing the time honored method of asking the wife with the small hands to grab it and pull it through :Cool::Cool:.
                    Done and she looks great. Two coats of grey, six coats of pearl and four coats of clear later, back to her old beautiful self, just in time to go to Riverton on the 7th

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Despite the heat and humidity I got six flights on the FLRC Tigercat. This is a sweet flying plane!

Comment

• SOS . Can’t get my motor(s) to initiate. They’re searching for signal with that single beep...beep...beep but will not connect. I’ve tried to re-bind, etc but with no luck. Any suggestions ?

Comment

• Check at the multi connector make sure you have the escs in correctly by polarity. If they are and all your other servos and gear work, make sure you have them plugged into the correct port on the multi connector. Only other thing may be a reversed throttle channel in the radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsala10 View Post
                            SOS . Can’t get my motor(s) to initiate. They’re searching for signal with that single beep...beep...beep but will not connect. I’ve tried to re-bind, etc but with no luck. Any suggestions ?
                            For safety, before you check things, remove both propellers :Cool:. After that begin testing one thing at a time starting with the most simple of things working your way to more complex.

After you bound the receiver to the radio, check the polarity of the ESC’s throttle servo lead going to the receiver. Make sure that’s the correct polarity to match the receivers polarity at the pins. Ensure proper seating of all servo connections at the board and any servo y-harnesses or extensions you may have used (if you used any).

Comment

• Strange, it also might be the receiver. Roll the throttle trim right back, that might help. It bound originally, correct?? If not, I know the Spektrum receivers I've used can be difficult to bind unless you roll the trim back. If it does bind, pull the bind plug and disconnect the batteries, reconnect and see what happens.
                              Also, once everything is good to that point, unplug again and calibrate the ESC's. Advance your throttle all the way forward (Pull your props first), plug one ESC in and listen for the beep, then roll the throttle back, repeat for the other side. If you're running the ESC's in Parallel and the batteries in parallel, then you can do both at the same time using one battery.
                              Hopefully we can help you get to the bottom of this.
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                Strange, it also might be the receiver. Roll the throttle trim right back, that might help. It bound originally, correct?? If not, I know the Spektrum receivers I've used can be difficult to bind unless you roll the trim back. If it does bind, pull the bind plug and disconnect the batteries, reconnect and see what happens.
                                Also, once everything is good to that point, unplug again and calibrate the ESC's. Advance your throttle all the way forward (Pull your props first), plug one ESC in and listen for the beep, then roll the throttle back, repeat for the other side. If you're running the ESC's in Parallel and the batteries in parallel, then you can do both at the same time using one battery.
                                Hopefully we can help you get to the bottom of this.
                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Grossman56
                                Grossman56, I need to try an alternate Rx I’m thinking. It’s my first go round with the admiral brand Rx and maybe it doesn’t like the dual motors. I’ve tried recalibrating esc, however the one side beeps twice as in normal calibration but once I connect other battery it automatically goes into the single beep, non-connect mode. The motor strip can only go one way and I’ve ch checked polarity at all points. Even swapped motor to sport upgrade version just to see if maybe it’s the motors...perplexed to say the least.

Comment

• Maybe, I have a 10 channel Lemon rx in mine that I got off RC Juice, it works perfectly. Give Martin a call and see what he thinks, the guys are great for Customer Service. They'll get you straightened out one way or another.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsala10 View Post
                                    SOS . Can’t get my motor(s) to initiate. They’re searching for signal with that single beep...beep...beep but will not connect. I’ve tried to re-bind, etc but with no luck. Any suggestions ?
                                    Please call us here at Motion RC when it is convenient for you. We'll get you all fixed up. You may need to simply trim the throttle channel down. Spektrum is famous for needing that.

Comment

• Should I try and calibrate one side or motor at a time or plug them both in and then go through that process? I really appreciate all the comments and replies. Been in hobby little over a year and I’m hooked to nitro and electric planes. Warbirds, sport flyers, EDFs lol. Motion RC has been good and my local hs has been great as well. Wish there was a build for each product and then some common q&a vids as well. Especially for the more “complex” birds lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Please call us here at Motion RC when it is convenient for you. We'll get you all fixed up. You may need to simply trim the throttle channel down. Spektrum is famous for needing that.
                                        Thanks

Comment

• If you have not called yet, ask for Brad. He is really great with this type of issue.

Comment

Working...
                                          X