Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    I do know that in all my years of flying, I've never had a "mishap" caused by "pilot error", always a "mechanical malfunction ". The NTSB concluded that there was always an error in the mechanical movements of the transmitter sticks in the wrong direction. Darn those cheap electronics, sticks moving in the wrong direction. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    I like it, no more cr....ing, just mishaps. Like my wife says when I come home with my head down, "happens, now either fix it or replace it and get back out there cause I didn't marry no pus...y". Gotta love her, hope she doesn't find out I use that act even after a good day of flying so I can order a new plane when I get the "itch". She may be catching on though as each time a new plane arrives she looks at me and says "I don't remember seeing that one before" and I'm sure she's not buying the excuse that the planes are breeding as my hangar is busting at the seams. Although I know her dresses, purses and shoes must be breeding cause I no longer have any space in any closet so why not pregnant planes?

Leave a comment:

• boomer108
    replied
    I flew with the Air Force for 23 years and we never used the "C" word when we flew superstition bad luck whatever we never used it. To this day I still don't. I like mishap.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    All I know is that if I ain't crashing, I ain't flying.

Leave a comment:

• Beetlemankurt
    replied
    There’s two ‘C’ words that I won’t use.....and this is one of them! It’s a family show!........😂

Leave a comment:

• RRHandy
    replied
    Originally posted by miatateer View Post
    Isn't it curious how we spend so much time adding these lovely little details knowing full well that a crash is in our future? 🙄 😏 But boy, am I having fun adding those details!
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, never say it.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by miatateer View Post
    Isn't it curious how we spend so much time adding these lovely little details knowing full well that a crash is in our future? 🙄 😏 But boy, am I having fun adding those details!
    MT, Well written. It is the inevitability that motivates some of the work as long as you have pictures before the 1st Check Flight. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• miatateer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Beetlemankurt
    replied
    Cheers Alpha, it’s getting there bit by bit. Quite a satisfying little project putting all of this together :).....

Regards BMK

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    Nice paintwork and extra detailing, BMK! Very sharp.

Leave a comment:

• Beetlemankurt
    replied
    Just a bit of an update on the cockpit kit. Managed to splash a bit of paint on over the last couple of days when I’ve had a few spare minutes. Far from done yet but getting there.

Have added some more details out of foam and some wire from spare servo leads as seen in the first photo to add a bit more detail after looking at some reference photos. Not sure how much of it will actually be seen when installed but I’ll know it’s there! 😂...will most some more as things progress. So far it’s been fun 😁.

cheers BMK.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B2F85504-E9A1-4855-9806-83F002F16CFF.jpeg
Views:	976
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	233930

Name:	4F87379F-A587-4E8C-8652-EA3E238CC813.jpeg
Views:	913
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	233931

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Beetlemankurt View Post
    Cheers LB. yours looks great! Very nicely detailed. Any tips or trick you learnt during the install? Any foam need carving? Looks like it fits straight in from your pics. I like the pilot, I’ll definitely be getting an Aces of Iron one.

Cheers BMK.
    BMK, Thanks. I do not recall 'any' fit issues. I always 'black base/prime' my parts, other than that it's straightforward. Post pictures of your progress. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Beetlemankurt
    replied
    Cheers LB. yours looks great! Very nicely detailed. Any tips or trick you learnt during the install? Any foam need carving? Looks like it fits straight in from your pics. I like the pilot, I’ll definitely be getting an Aces of Iron one.

Cheers BMK.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Beetlemankurt, That cockpit kit dresses out really well. You did the 'right' thing with the 'hot water' on the 3DP parts. Looking forward to pix of your build. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Beetlemankurt
    replied
    Oops, and the instrument panel of course with Callies decals.... :)

Name:	8AC43842-3F7A-4B1B-8F69-B52A635575E3.jpeg
Views:	846
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	233345

Leave a comment:

• Beetlemankurt
    replied
    Awesome, the cockpit kit arrived yesterday! The parts were quite buckled straight out of the packet but some careful straightening with the help of some hot water helped get em back in shape :).....now the fun starts. Will likely take a few weeks or more working around ‘life’ but looking forward to this project.

BMK

Name:	AB94D925-9F2E-4A41-B0A2-C4F9889D5F46.jpeg
Views:	816
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	233343

Leave a comment:

• Denniswpb
    replied
    JW I have a Creality CR10S printer that is able to print just about anything. It's a very well known 3D printer and there is tons of support and parts for it. As far as a slicer program, Cura is an excellent slicer and is one of the standards in the 3D world. Elbee is probably way ahead of me as far as 3D design, but what little I do, I attempt to use Fusion 360 and TinkerCad. Since I just retired a few months ago, my plan is to get proficient with Fusion 360!! :-) BTW, Cura and Fusion 360 are free downloads.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    JW, I use 'Free Usage' formats by Autodesk; Fusion 360/TinkerCAD, free Mesh-Mixer, and Prusa PE Slic3r which is the default slicer program for my printer. I have not needed more, though in my slicer, I do find errors, hence Mesh-Mixer, but those files then end up being large almost by default. I will also use the slicer program to 'fix' some files and 'export' those back as a new STL files to Fusion. Usually, that works best for me and also let's me 'slice the file' and see if my design is too thin to print in some places.
    Again, I am a complete "Newb" at CAD, though I find 3DP gives me what I see in my mind's eye more often than not. I throw away a bunch of faulty prints, believe me. Tamms goes through those once in awhile and marvels at my incompetence.
    As for 3DP printers, I have only used/owned the Prusa i3 Mk3, though upgraded it to the 3S (extruder hot end upgrade) and now print with .3mm nozzle for a bit better detail.
    Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Jets and Wings
    replied
    Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    BMK. You'll never regret the purchase of a 3DP printer. "If you can think it, you can build it." I have zero CAD background and you don't need to a be whiz to start designing, but I am a modeler, and that is all it takes if the willingness is there and you can live with your failures. Oh, and if making a bazillion mistakes is acceptable to achieving your end result. Best, LB
    Elbee, what CAD program do you use for your designs?

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    BMK. You'll never regret the purchase of a 3DP printer. "If you can think it, you can build it." I have zero CAD background and you don't need to a be whiz to start designing, but I am a modeler, and that is all it takes if the willingness is there and you can live with your failures. Oh, and if making a bazillion mistakes is acceptable to achieving your end result. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X