Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys for posting about the prop, blades, nut and hub. I'll be really mindful of all of this tonight while assembling mine.

Comment

• Putting mine together on my lunch break and I had no trouble binding initially...Just throttle/Elev/Rudder to get those centered. Then I hooked up the blue box and then my RX and now all I get is the dreaded single beep out of the ESC. Usually it's from not initializing the ESC but I tried that and it still won't work. I've messed with the throttle trim in both directions, insured all the servo leads are in their proper ports with proper polarity, moved my radio far enough away, re-bound (didn't work this time)...Running out of ideas. Anyone?

And yes, thank you all for posting about the prop hub assembly. I will be going over each piece very carefully.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I usually only get the single beep when I leave the bind plug in. I had issues initially with the blue box but then "Y" everything accept the lights and it all worked. Then one at a time moved the flaps. then the gear back to the box. I left the ailerons on a Y.

Comment

• Hmm, interesting...I wonder why there's issues with the blue box? We will have to look at that asap...Thanks for info!
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• No problems with my blue box nor prop assembly. Prop is balanced. Now, just waiting for Saturday. The wait is killing me.
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

• Might i suggest that everyone test fit everything while going through the process of putting the assembly together for the prop. Test fit the backing disk before installing the blades and the metal cross. Then if the backing plate fits okay add cross tempararly and the the blades. I remember in somewhere i think the little pictures that Ryan posted one of the captions mention haveing to use a drill bit to help line something up with the cross brace during assy of the prop assy. Hey Ryan can you chime in on that for us please. This might be causeing an alignment problem resulting in the problem people are haveing. Im getting ready to go throught this process now as soon as i finish this. If i run into anything that might help ill post asap.:Confused:
              Dewey l

Comment

• Ok folks, this is how I fixed the prop nut issue for I could only get it on about three thread before I got resistance and I stopped and untreaded it, looking at the threads on the adapter i could see like a nice in the fourth thread and I took a pointed round jewelers file and hit the nick then put the nut on, no good so I went from the first thread closest to the motor and started to file the thread lightly as I counter rotated the motor all the way to the end. I then blew the filings and put the nut on and there was no more binding. You have to remember that aluminum gulls very easy so if you feel tension go no more. Hope this helps . R.
                AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                  Might i suggest that everyone test fit everything while going through the process of putting the assembly together for the prop. Test fit the backing disk before installing the blades and the metal cross. Then if the backing plate fits okay add cross tempararly and the the blades. I remember in somewhere i think the little pictures that Ryan posted one of the captions mention haveing to use a drill bit to help line something up with the cross brace during assy of the prop assy. Hey Ryan can you chime in on that for us please. This might be causeing an alignment problem resulting in the problem people are haveing. Im getting ready to go throught this process now as soon as i finish this. If i run into anything that might help ill post asap.:Confused:
                  It wasn't me. I had no trouble with mine. If I had trouble I would have oversized the bolt holes by drilling them out. My back plate was snug and sat down and seated fully after tightening down the barrel nut.

Test fitting as Dewey mentions is a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                    Putting mine together on my lunch break and I had no trouble binding initially...Just throttle/Elev/Rudder to get those centered. Then I hooked up the blue box and then my RX and now all I get is the dreaded single beep out of the ESC. Usually it's from not initializing the ESC but I tried that and it still won't work. I've messed with the throttle trim in both directions, insured all the servo leads are in their proper ports with proper polarity, moved my radio far enough away, re-bound (didn't work this time)...Running out of ideas. Anyone?

And yes, thank you all for posting about the prop hub assembly. I will be going over each piece very carefully.
                    Hows your esc to motor connections?

Comment

• Just showed a pic of this bird with Private Ryan holding it on the Motion RC website to my Wifey....she said OH NICE......and then scrolled over to the pic with the young lady holding that beauty.......Oh my god ..you don't have room for that.............damn-it....grumble-grumble.

Comment

• Originally posted by bruceW View Post
                        Just showed a pic of this bird with Private Ryan holding it on the Motion RC website to my Wifey....she said OH NICE......and then scrolled over to the pic with the young lady holding that beauty.......Oh my god ..you don't have room for that.............damn-it....grumble-grumble.
                        Sure I do honey the wing comes off for storage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Hows your esc to motor connections?
                          That's what I like about ya Ryan, always thinking... ;)

I took the battery tray off and inspected and the connections are rock solid. I was able to get the ESC to initialize to finish it up but when I plugged her in again a few minutes ago back to the single beeping. I am at a loss. LEDs come on but that's it. So much for a maiden this evening.

:Angry:
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I took the battery tray off and inspected and the connections are rock solid. I was able to get the ESC to initialize to finish it up but when I plugged her in again a few minutes ago back to the single beeping. I am at a loss. LEDs come on but that's it. So much for a maiden this evening.

Check your email. Call me.

Comment

• Yes! Just got my Spitfires. I wish I could build tonight but the wife is taking up my entire evening again...

Really hope I got a smooth build ahead of me. :)

Comment

• 546 dollaros Canadian shipped to B.C. Canada...no way.

Comment

• As i was prefitting everything together i to ran into the same situation as Beeg. Using the nut to try to force the backing plate at this point is a disaster waiting to happen. As RRHandy mentioned both shaft and nut are aluminum and can be gaulled very easy. So instead of trying to force the issue i kept pulling the backing plate off and reseating it at different locations until i got the best results. It was still not all the way seated but almost. I then took a sharp razor blade and lightly scraped the inside of the hub until it seated so that there was no excess pressure while trying to tighten my nut. I hope this helps. I was a machinest for 22 years so please take heed and be very carful tightening this prop nut. There seems to be a little more slop in the treads than i have noticed on other prop nuts that only compounds the chance for gaulling. If when tightening and it feels like a little slip at the end your close to being to far. Just take your time and be careful and you will get it on without haveing to force it with the nut.
                                  Dewey l

Comment

• Ryan im sorry i thought that was you. Please accept my apologies. I cant remember where but there was some mention of an alignment issue. I think it might have beem on the one from xtrem hobbies on this plane.
                                    Dewey l

Comment

Have you tried calibrating the ESC?
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Have you tried calibrating the ESC?
                                        Yeah that was the first thing I tried. Wouldn't even allow it. Just single beeps no matter what I do.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Yeah that was the first thing I tried. Wouldn't even allow it. Just single beeps no matter what I do.
                                          Unhook the box...
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X