X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
    Nice pics fellas. Who's going to be first to do some invasion stripes?
    Me if I can help it. :)

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Mines getting further away! G'day Alaska lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1314.PNG
Views:	729
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	89335
      Has it hit Sydney yet mate?
      The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

• Hey Phil, mine doesn't go through Sydney, comes to Perth straight from Singapore. (After Alaska, Korea, china). Here's my latest:
        :)

Hurry up Todd lol - pretty sure the stripes are going on mine and want to see how it looks. If you can do the a-10 in a arvo, this one shouldn't take long. ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1319.PNG
Views:	526
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	89602

Comment

• Jeez mate, your spit should come with some frequent flyers!

Comment

• Anybody else having issues with the "blue box"? I hooked everything up like the manual said and neither gear and flaps and aileron on right side wouldn't work. Also, the lights are labeled wrong in the manual, the steady on lights are on the left side and the flashers are on the left side.
            So, I "Y" connected gear, flaps and ailerons and everything works accept the lights don't work now as there's no power to the blue box.

I may have to fiddle with hooking things up to the box one at a time and see what is what. Maybe the gear are supposed to be in "gear door"? I remember on the 90mm F-104 the "green board" was mis programmed and it took awhile to figure out what was what.

Comment

Hurry up Todd lol - pretty sure the stripes are going on mine and want to see how it looks. If you can do the a-10 in a arvo, this one shouldn't take long. ;)
              Well since yours will be at the North Pole I may have a shot by this weekend. LOL ;)

My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey Beeg, Remember the polarity mirrors from side to side.

Comment

• Yeah, I made sure of that. Just fiddled with it some more. Hooked the flaps up to the box and they worked. Now I have lights! Then hooked up the gear to the box and they worked! Go figure. Think I'm going to leave the ailerons on a "Y" and go with it.

Comment

• Also, this is what I have for my lights.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MkIX_ControlBoard_New.jpg Views:	1 Size:	224.5 KB ID:	89612

By the way, did I mention how really cool this model is? Think I'll leave this one completely stock. Can't wait to take it to the field. Then I'm really stoked about Spitfire #2 mod!

Comment

• Here's a bummer, trying to get the Spit together tonight and realized that one of the two pushrods to the elevator/rudder is too short. And before anyone dogpiles me to say I have them reversed, I've tried them both ways. ONE OF THEM IS TOO SHORT!!!! Thank god you can still fish the pushrods. through from the tail forward after having glued the fuse together after all the talk about making sure to feed them into the tubes before joining. In order to fly it this weekend I'm either going to have to solder another piece on to the existing wire or find a new longer wire and ditch the ball connector and bend an "L" on the end with the plastic clip on clevis. Any other ideas? Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                        but it isn't listed nor is it shown with the props or the spinner/hub. What's up with that :Confused:
                        I can see it now....... someone wads the prop assembly with a ground strike and mangles the blades/spinner and cross brace.:Scared:
                        What does that person do when he orders the props and spinner and has no cross brace :Angry: MOTION?????.....
                        When I chatted with Motion about getting a new propeller/motor shaft for mine to replace my stripped out one they said that there is another container coming in 4 weeks and the compliment of the parts would most likely be on there. So don't strike a prop until next month or you'll be parked in the Hanger like me until then!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2FewDaysAtFlyingField View Post

When I chatted with Motion about getting a new propeller/motor shaft for mine to replace my stripped out one they said that there is another container coming in 4 weeks and the compliment of the parts would most likely be on there. So don't strike a prop until next month or you'll be parked in the Hanger like me until then!
                          You could always get a spare from RC-castle within a week or two?

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                            TI.....thanx for the pic of the prop assembly. That cross brace is great and finally captive nuts on the back plate similar to like FMS did.
                            Would like to buy that cross brace separately (for some mods to my FMS stuff) but it isn't listed nor is it shown with the props or the spinner/hub. What's up with that :Confused:
                            I can see it now....... someone wads the prop assembly with a ground strike and mangles the blades/spinner and cross brace.:Scared:
                            What does that person do when he orders the props and spinner and has no cross brace :Angry:

MOTION?????.....
                            Brace comes with Spinner assy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyer Phill View Post

Brace comes with Spinner assy.
                              I saw that in the RC Castle link you provided.;)
                              But Motion product page for the spinner does not show that as I previously mention in post#907............PAGING AROS for a product page update :Smug:
                              https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...itfire-spinner

PS.......Still want to be able to purchase that X brace separately.
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I wonder if the folks with the banner at the top of the page have that X brace.
                                CNC Machine Shop Service Custom RC Products Hobby Products

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                  I wonder if the folks with the banner at the top of the page have that X brace.
                                  CNC Machine Shop Service Custom RC Products Hobby Products
                                  Good question...........so I did the SND of Terry G's site and NOPE
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hey all, i need help, as i was putting the propeller assembly on the motor shaft. I found that that the propeller fixing bolt was incredibly tight, i kept turning it until it no longer moved at all, which didn't make it to the end. I then tried to unscrew it to examine it but found it stripped the rings and now it doesn't go back and forth at all, it just wiggles around! It won't come off at all, no matter how much pressure i apply! The propeller blade screws also got too tight to screw in all the way.

Now i'm thinking i have to get a new motor shaft and propeller fixing bolt
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by aring32 View Post
                                      Hey all, i need help, as i was putting the propeller assembly on the motor shaft. I found that that the propeller fixing bolt was incredibly tight, i kept turning it until it no longer moved at all, which didn't make it to the end. I then tried to unscrew it to examine it but found it stripped the rings and now it doesn't go back and forth at all, it just wiggles around! It won't come off at all, no matter how much pressure i apply! The propeller blade screws also got too tight to screw in all the way.

Now i'm thinking i have to get a new motor shaft and propeller fixing bolt
                                      Yes, you will need a new shaft and nut, never force anything that's tight and on the prop screws you should run a drill bit through the other aluminum cross and the blades but be very careful to not let the drill bit touch the aluminum insert in the green backing plate.

If you're nor comfortable doing this I would get with an experienced hobbyist for some help.

I'm sorry you're having troubles but welcome to Hobby Squawk
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Welp, contacted Motionrc and agreed to un-assemble it and ship her back to motionrc in swap for a brand new 1600mm spitfire. Let another waiting game commence!

Comment

• aring32, welcome to Hobby Squawk. Sounds like the particular example you got was built on Friday with the issues you've had. You gotta love MotionRC for making it right and sending you a new one!

Comment

Working...
                                          X