Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be using 5000's in mine, I'll let you know how it flies when I get it.

Comment

• one more question,would a 30c be ok or stay with at least a 40c?

Comment

• I've been flying ours with the Admiral 5000 and 4500 6s packs. As is always the case for me I tend to lean on the heavier packs at first and for when it is windy. The flight times are really good on this bird. Firewall it for 5 minutes or take it easy and really extend the flights. I have had a 12 minute flight, however try 6-7 first and check your consumption. I will usually land at 8 minutes when I'm taking it easy. I love how efficient the power system is.

Comment

• Sorry, double post. Damn slow internet.

Comment

• Just pulled the pin through RC-Castle. Raymond said that it should ship on the 12 July. Postage was a little higher at $117.00.

All up $637.00aus

PnP - http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...roduct_id=6916

PnP with battery - http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...roduct_id=6916
            The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

• hot dam ryan man i just looked at them 5000 there 109 each well 2 will be alot lol! oh i forgot you get ur battery,s free for advertising them lol!

Comment

• guess motion dont ship to Australia? ya that is alittle high but if motion does,nt ship there you want one i guess there the closest.

Comment

• lol i checked to ship to me with battery is ems 134.00 us registered was 100.00 us dam! thought urs was high!

Comment

• without battery was ems 123.00 registered 89.00

Comment

• Originally posted by stitch View Post
                      guess motion dont ship to Australia? ya that is alittle high but if motion does,nt ship there you want one i guess there the closest.
                      Motion do ship to Aus but at $155.00us
                      The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by stitch View Post
                        hot dam ryan man i just looked at them 5000 there 109 each well 2 will be alot lol! oh i forgot you get ur battery,s free for advertising them lol!
                        Stating that Ryan gets them for free for advertising them is a bit of an unfair statement. He didn't advertise them. You asked, he told you what he uses. Of course he uses Admirals. That's what he has access to easily and by knowing that information, you can go check out weights and dimensions so you can compare to what else you may be looking at.
                        I have a lot of 5000mah, 6s batteries, as well as 4000mah and 3000mah. Believe me, $109.00US is not a bad price at all and it's the price of being in this hobby. Go check out some of the brands that the old "die hards" used to swear by ................................ Thunder Power, Hyperion. You'll flip your wig. Even today's popular Revolectrix are very pricey.
                        Take a look at some of the HobbyKing offerings like Graphene and Turnigy Heavy Duty. They are in the same ball park pricing but may be cheaper to get to OZ. If you go really cheap, you'll just have to be contend with mediocre performance from your planes and wonder what all the hype was about. They'll run out of life twice as fast and you end up buying them twice as much. Where's your savings getting you now? And if and when you ever get into EDF jets, if you go cheap on batteries, you may not get the thing off the ground. You need batteries with punch (high C) for plane with high power needs. Don't believe what the label says about "C" ratings. They all lie. The best you can hope for is to buy batteries with a rated high C and hope the real world output is good. You'll be lucky if a 70C rated LiPo will actually put out 35c. If you buy a cheap 35C, you might get 10C - 15C. Don't fall for a fancy name like "Wild Scorpion". Sounds great, doesn't it. I have some. They work well for a few flights and then turn to garbage.
                        You want a cheaper battery? Here's one and recent reports have indicated that customers have been happy with them. On the other hand no customer has had them for enough duty cycles to know how well they last, so you'll have to take those testimonials with a grain of salt. And you may get them to OZ at a reasonable price. Remember, shipping LiPos aren't simple and easy anymore as they no longer can be on transport planes that carry people. They must be dedicated freight planes or go by ship or ground vehicles.
                        http://www.chinahobbyline.us/product...01607/537.html

Really want to flip your wig? Check out any LiPo labelled Eflite.

Comment

• Check out the Revolectrix batteries. Their 420 blend is a 40C rated battery and is cheaper than Admiral. I have had great luck with the 420 blend.

Comment

• I've been running both Admiral 50C's and CHL 70C's 6S 4000mah and 5000mah in my Freewing F-86, and 4S 5K's in my FlightLine P-38. They both get the Sabre off the ground (grass runway) in about the same distance, which to me is the true test of how much power the batteries can dump. I've been really happy with CHLs so far, but as Joel has said, only time will tell.
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyer Phill View Post
                              Just pulled the pin through RC-Castle. Raymond said that it should ship on the 12 July. Postage was a little higher at $117.00.

All up $637.00aus

PnP - http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...roduct_id=6916

PnP with battery - http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...roduct_id=6916
                              I'm all for buying a product where ever it's sold. If I want something, obviously I'm going to pull the trigger and purchase it. What I'm careful about is where I buy it from... These, out of state places are not my first choice, no why? There is no way to get a warranty. If the package gets damaged, who or how do they take care of it? It's cool; to be the first person to get one as well. I'm just cautious of where I buy is all. I know Motion RC, has the best Customer Service in the industry and, is happy to assist me. Yes, I'm a customer service person too. So, I know what I'm saying here with the facts.

Comment

• Alright, I'm starting to get excited to see this new Spitfire in the lineup! I have to admit, this is one of my favorite airplanes of WWII. I've flown many aircraft but nothing is as fun as the Spitfire. People have a little trouble with landing the Spit; but I have never really had any trouble with it if you install a Gyro. The A3-L hobby eagle gyro makes any war-bird a thing of beauty to land, even in a cross wind! The larger size also tends to not nose over. Some of the smaller Spitfires can nose over in grass, if your not careful. Another thing this model has going for it is style. I really like the wings look as well, it's the Cadillac of the sky's. If you like performance, aerobatics and great looks. This is going to be a main stay for a while. The bigger the better is what I agree with, a "2000mm wing span would be outstanding! Cheers everyone who is interested in the Cadillac of the sky's! Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by starcop View Post

I'm all for buying a product where ever it's sold. If I want something, obviously I'm going to pull the trigger and purchase it. What I'm careful about is where I buy it from... These, out of state places are not my first choice, no why? There is no way to get a warranty. If the package gets damaged, who or how do they take care of it? It's cool; to be the first person to get one as well. I'm just cautious of where I buy is all. I know Motion RC, has the best Customer Service in the industry and, is happy to assist me. Yes, I'm a customer service person too. So, I know what I'm saying here with the facts.
                                  To be fair and totally impartial, Raymond of RC-Castle is one of the best I have ever dealt with for overseas support. I've bought quite a few RC planes/parts from him over the past 10 years and he has always been first class. I think of him as Motion RC East!

LOL
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by starcop View Post
                                    .................... I really like the wings look as well, it's the Cadillac of the sky's. If you like performance, aerobatics and great looks. This is going to be a main stay for a while. The bigger the better is what I agree with, a "2000mm wing span would be outstanding! Cheers everyone who is interested in the Cadillac of the sky's! Matt

Dude! Christian Bale said the P-51 was the "Cadillac of Skies" in "Empire of the Sun"! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

To be fair and totally impartial, Raymond of RC-Castle is one of the best I have ever dealt with for overseas support. I've bought quite a few RC planes/parts from him over the past 10 years and he has always been first class. I think of him as Motion RC East!

LOL
                                      I recall Alpha even saying this and for out of USA buyers, RC Castle has been an extremely viable option. I've also said this before, I split my purchases between Motion and RCC. I like them both. However, for Con USA customers, Motion is the better choice simply for the shipping and "internal" customer service.

Comment

• A special shout out to PW-RC...I think his name was Phil but I can't recall...Another one I used to deal with all the time Pre Motion RC days. ;)
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• ya all my planes are 3 or 4 cell i did not mean nothing about ryan getting battery,s free just kidding around with him.ya i don,t have any 6cell battery,s or planes that take 6cells i run mostly 4cell plane,s this is my first plane that run,s a 6, ya i have some friends that they run those Thunder Power battery,s in his heli,s and he won,t use nothing else. so using 6cell,s is a new animal to me.lol! i usually try to use at least a 40c in my battery,s had no problem,s with performance out of any planes YET! oh i have most of my planes are from motion,t-28 v3 55in. p-38,f7f,p-40,,p-51b,p-51d mustang 2 of them c-188 air titan by tech one the one with light,s and floats to go with it.and this spitfire! so i have afew to keep me going!

Comment

Working...
                                          X