Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I am being needy. Can anyone find a picture of a spitfire in the American Beagle livery that callie sales? I have had no luck yet.

Comment

• Google the 52nd Fighter Group. Note the different Marks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uncle-3.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	84014

Name:	download (2).jpg
Views:	506
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	84013
      Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF3815.JPG Views:	1 Size:	181.5 KB ID:	84011Click image for larger version  Name:	download (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	84012
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Another vote for the 109 ! :-)
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• make that two!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Just wondering when the preorder started. Did it start when the first container (containers) were on the water or ready to leave the factory. As much as i love the look and appeal of the A10 my real alegence right now is to my beloved prop warbirds. I would kindly like to thank all the ones that held off until i could rouse the last dallars to get this bird ordered. Thankyou i safely made the preorder. Now my 2 Phoenix 1/8 scale planes will have a larger friend to hang out with. There newer offers of larger models of the same plane have been extremely attractive considering i have a couple of power plants to drop right in (gas motors both 20 and 35). I really wanted this plane from day one. Anxious now just waiting on the end of july.:Drooling::)
            Dewey l

Comment

• Grats Dewey

Comment

• Thanks Shirty. My old truck messed up on me and i had to use the money i had saved for the plane and was so happy when i called and found it was still open when i was able to get it together again.:)money really comes hard for me and my old cat. She eats even if i dont. I know its dumb but this plane meant a lot to me. Its my favorite next to my Corsairs. Just like you love your Blue nose P51s. I have the SnootsSniper. I hope im still in your good graces. Have a happy and safe 4th my friend.:)
                Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                  Just wondering when the preorder started. Did it start when the first container (containers) were on the water or ready to leave the factory. As much as i love the look and appeal of the A10 my real alegence right now is to my beloved prop warbirds. I would kindly like to thank all the ones that held off until i could rouse the last dallars to get this bird ordered. Thankyou i safely made the preorder. Now my 2 Phoenix 1/8 scale planes will have a larger friend to hang out with. There newer offers of larger models of the same plane have been extremely attractive considering i have a couple of power plants to drop right in (gas motors both 20 and 35). I really wanted this plane from day one. Anxious now just waiting on the end of july.:Drooling::)
                  Hi Dewey, thank you for your support! The preorder started after the first shipments had already departed the factory.

We try to change things up whenever possible. Recall that in the past 10 months, the F7F, F-16 V2 Gray, and Ta-152 preorders were all opened just 2-3 weeks or so before the first shipments arrived, because we waited for the ship to transit most of the Pacific before even announcing the new model's existence. There are exceptions to this process for a variety of reasons, but in general, the Spitfire, like the Avanti and most of our other models, are made available for pre-order sooner after the first shipments depart.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                    Thanks Shirty. My old truck messed up on me and i had to use the money i had saved for the plane and was so happy when i called and found it was still open when i was able to get it together again.:)money really comes hard for me and my old cat. She eats even if i dont. I know its dumb but this plane meant a lot to me. Its my favorite next to my Corsairs. Just like you love your Blue nose P51s. I have the SnootsSniper. I hope im still in your good graces. Have a happy and safe 4th my friend.:)
                    Yeah, I got the feeling this spitty was a special one for you. Same here, next to my blue nosers, this is my second all time favourite plane. Been literally waiting years for a nice big foamy spitfire. Glad you managed to get one mate, I think we're gonna love it by all reports. ;)

Comment

• Alpha or Ryan...

I have access to 7000mah 6s packs...is there room in there for those? It looked like it was a snug fit with the 5000's in one of the videos I saw. Also from a balance perspective would a 7000mah be beneficial? I added ballast (on top of the 4000mah 4s) in my 1200mm FL Spitfire to get it to balance like I wanted it. It flies wonderfully.:) Thanks...
                      Big time propeller head
                      Love flying scale and 3D
                      Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• Originally posted by Starck Mad View Post
                        Alpha or Ryan...

I have access to 7000mah 6s packs...is there room in there for those? It looked like it was a snug fit with the 5000's in one of the videos I saw. Also from a balance perspective would a 7000mah be beneficial? I added ballast (on top of the 4000mah 4s) in my 1200mm FL Spitfire to get it to balance like I wanted it. It flies wonderfully.:) Thanks...
                        Look at the pictures on the product page and you will see our old dimension 5000 Admiral all the way forward. You'll notice there is plenty of room aft for your larger pack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Look at the pictures on the product page and you will see our old dimension 5000 Admiral all the way forward. You'll notice there is plenty of room aft for your larger pack.
                          Thanks Ryan...I saw that. Its not the length I was concerned about it is the width. The 7000's are a fat pack. Can you speak on the balance?
                          Big time propeller head
                          Love flying scale and 3D
                          Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                            Come on, Pilot Ryan and Cpt. Mike, we need a flight video!! :-)
                            BOOM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                              Hey there Ben, one of us can get a photo for you soon. There's plenty of space for speakers inside the fuselage, otherwise the radiators would work, too. I'd think being enclosed would be better for resonance, but I'm not an expert in sound installs.
                              I can tell you what I have learned. Being enclosed really is not the trick. Its having the speaker, pointed and sealed against the foam, but being allowed to vibrate (spring up an down) that is the trick. If you glue/mount the tt25 speaker in such a manner that it can not vibrate(spring up an down) you will get a flat sound that has very little tone change if any. You really want openings to allow that sound to migrate out. I never ever could get a good sound in the FMS P-47, and i toyed with the Corsair but with somewhat of the same result. The 1700 mm Mustang you have the aft cowling door that actually has a servo linking it with the flaps. The trick is locating two speakers as close to that door as you can. Thats how I can get the loud sound out of it. Without those doors its muffled up inside the fuse. I regret not actually trying to mount two speakers all the way back aft where the openings were at on the 47. Once I go with a sound system, I am not concerned about speed and performance. At that point, with me, its all about scale. So, I really should not have been concerned with adding weight for CG. What I am thinking, is the radiators would allow all that sound to come out, the speaker being firmly glued against the foam provides the resonance, and I could probably get as good, or even better performance from two speakers on the wings in the radiators than I could with four in the fuse. Assuming the radiators would cover the speakers. Kind of a roll of the dice. Either way, I ordered the spit, and will look it over in great detail to decide how best to proceed.
                              Thanks Alpha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                Google the 52nd Fighter Group. Note the different Marks.

Name:	uncle-3.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	84014

Name:	download (2).jpg
Views:	506
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	84013
                                Click image for larger version Name:	DSCF3815.JPG Views:	1 Size:	181.5 KB ID:	84011Click image for larger version Name:	download (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	84012
                                Thanks! The QPA is the American Beagle livery that Callie has that I am leaning toward. I ordered the plane so when it gets in should be about the time I get back home. One thing about shipping. You order planes while on the ship, and every time I get home its like christmas haha.

Comment

• The good underwing shot in the flying video I am pretty sure the radiators will cover the speakers!!! Thanks for that flying vid Ryan an Mike, Damnit this could be one of the best sounding planes yet

Comment

• Just noticed the manual is up for download. Guess that means the models are really close to being shipped!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

BOOM!

Well done boys, just what I wanted to see. Nice stuff, great work on the sticks as usual too mate. Is mine here yet? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

Well done boys, just what I wanted to see. Nice stuff, great work on the sticks as usual too mate. Is mine here yet? ;)

Dear Ryan & Mike and MotionRC , this is the first time that the aspirations of an average customer (money), but a capable RC pilot(without fake modesty I consider myself to be such) have been affected. Dimension, power and weight ratio , fantastic design ,as I saw when I was child in full size, and ultimately acceptable price,because we paid twice the similar product so far. Thank you very much guys , and especially for you Pilot Ryan...on the fantastic landing.
                                        Josip

Comment

• Looks like us down under folk will be first to get these absolutely beautiful models. I say that from first hand impressions... I was fortunate enough to partake in a brief unboxing a few hours ago. Check out hoppy's post over on RCG for more details.
                                          A big thanks to Chad and the team at Xtreme Hobby for organising early delivery for the dedicated Spitfire devotees (including me!). It's good to see a business realise what they needed to do to stay in business and make amends. I recommend you get in contact with Xtreme a see what they can do for you. Have a chat with Chad, he will tell you how it is and no more bs.
                                          I was skeptical myself at first but a few deals later I find myself parting with some decent cash for my dream plane. I'm praying to the shipping gods every night and might see it Friday...
                                          After seeing it in the flesh today, it really does meet all expectations. Superb job FL - I can't wait to get it in the air!
                                          cheers

Comment

Working...
                                          X