Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what are the flight times we can expect as stock version factory fresh...........

Comment

• It's a good question! The website's product page states "6-8 minutes depending on battery and throttle management."

The longest I've personally tested on a 6s 4500 was 12:30, but that was more testing the glide and slow speed than it was a "real flight". In a slight headwind with ~20% throttle, we got video of it flying level at near zero airspeed.

I expect we'll be flying the aircraft rather than hovering it, haha, so I'd say 4-5 minutes is a safe timer for the first flight, then bump it up in 30 second increments based on your flying style, battery capacity/quality, ASL, etc. The stated range estimate on our website should capture most pilots.

For demo mode, with an Admiral 6s 5000 my timer is set to 7:00 with room for a couple go arounds. Lately I tend to touch down around 8 minutes. As a big bird, it rewards learning when and how much throttle to use. In certain lines, the juice is wasted. This is true for any aircraft, but on big scale warbirds with scale props and a wing like this one it is especially true.

I recommend flying with telemetry for this very reason, to receive real time voltage readouts on the flight battery and see exactly how your left finger impacts your flight time. Learning how to stretch a flight on the same flight, without the flight appearing less "exciting", is fun for me. In Asia a lot of the pilots keep the throttle at 100% from takeoff to landing. They marvel how I'm flying twice as long but looking like I'm doing the same things they are.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Great info. Can't wait

Comment

• I share because I care... great pic of the spitty.
          :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1149.JPG
Views:	577
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	76666

Comment

• That looks like a Vb, I can't recall whether the IX had two 'box' radiators or the circualr one as in this pic, anyone know??

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by racerx600rr View Post

I'll wager a guess of 5'0"
              Well, since 1600mm is 5' 3" and she's a few inches above the wing tip, that's a little on the short side. I'm betting she's 5' 7", give or take an inch.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                Well, since 1600mm is 5' 3" and she's a few inches above the wing tip, that's a little on the short side. I'm betting she's 5' 7", give or take an inch.
                uh...unless you are seeing a picture i'm not, she is shorter than the wingspan of the plane. Maybe some parallax?
                Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

• Why is their no option to "Pre-Order" a Pre-Order? Come on MRC!!!! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by racerx600rr View Post

uh...unless you are seeing a picture i'm not, she is shorter than the wingspan of the plane. Maybe some parallax?
                    Yer right. I was throwing in way too much perspective. Upon re-inspection, she's standing right next to or possibly even with the plane. That's would make her 5' or less. :Sleeping:

Comment

• Originally posted by Plastic_Aviator View Post
                      Why is their no option to "Pre-Order" a Pre-Order? Come on MRC!!!!
                      I'm sure they will soon as they have​ the opening price for it.

Comment

• Whats the wing loading and stall like on this elliptical beast!
                        AMA 1102566

Comment

• I was kinda hoping for a spectacular release announcement on Memorial Day. A Day-after-Memorial-Day announcement (ie, Preorder button going live) would be good, too! :Cool:
                          ---
                          Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                            I was kinda hoping for a spectacular release announcement on Memorial Day. A Day-after-Memorial-Day announcement (ie, Preorder button going live) would be good, too! :Cool:
                            YES YES YES...........what he said!
                            Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

• TwistedGrin

Comment

• This is the Spitfire thread, I think you want the B-26 thread. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Area81Racing
                                  As others have stated, I'm awaiting the Olive Drab version. Gotta do the Flak Bait livery....

Doing the math, and it looks like 1/14 scale is needed from Callie.

https://callie-graphics.com/products/b-26-flak-bait
                                  1600mm Spitfire, 1/14 scale? That's not right. It's more like 1/7 scale. Spitfire wingspan is about 37', right?

[1600mm/(25.4mm/in)/(12/in/ft)]/[37 ft] = 14% = 1/7 scale

Ah, he's talking B-25. Never mind. I've got my 1/7 scale Johnnie Johnson decals already. I just need a 1600mm Spit on to which to apply them... :-)
                                  ---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

• Yep, posted to wrong thread. Proving that we all make mistakes, it should have been posted in the B-26 thread Oxotnik:Silly:

Comment

• This large Spitfire looks really good. From my experience flying various Spitfires in War Thunder just about all the variants are great flyers.
                                      I am now kind of interested in seeing how it flys in DCS now that a Spitfire LF Mk. IX module was recently released a few months ago.

The Spitfire LF Mk IX is a single-seat, British fighter that was key to Allied domination of the skies in WW2. One of the most brilliant, beautiful and iconic aircraft of all time, the LF Mk IX was rushed into production in 1942 as a counter to the Focke-Wulf FW 190A, which until then had outperformed both earlier Spitfire variants and the Hawker Hurricane. Fitted with the mighty Merlin 66 engine, the LF Mk IX proved to be much more than a stopgap measure: its sleek lines, excellent all-round handling and powerful armament helped Allied pilots gain the upper hand over the Luftwaffe. Four .303 in machine guns and twin 20 mm cannons made it a much-feared opponent in air combat. The Spitfire LF Mk IX’s overall prowess and combat effectiveness helped the RAF go back onto the offensive, flying ‘circus’, ‘ramrod’, ‘rhubarb’ and ‘rodeo’ raids over occupied Europe.

Comment

• I've noticed that war thunder doesn't accurately simulate to perfection how the planes really fly. For instance a 109 can turn right lol

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          I've noticed that war thunder doesn't accurately simulate to perfection how the planes really fly. For instance a 109 can turn right lol
                                          I know they are not as accurate but if you fly in Simulated mode some of the planes come pretty close. But its a great game to easily jump into and get a decent idea of how each plane flys.
                                          For the best simulation of warbirds there is only DCS. Which by the way the BF 109 K-4 Kurfürst in DCS is actually tricky just like the real thing to take off in from what I have seen. From what I have read the Spitfire is easier to learn to fly but a pilot is limited to how far he can go with it. Where the BF 109 may be a pain to learn to fly but once you master it the sky is the limit with how far it can be pushed. Even in War thunder I have gotten that sense between the two.

Comment

Working...
                                          X