Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna be awhile. Want even be a pre-order till shes on the boat heading this way. I like you am ready also. Hey if uou ever hit Fayetteville on a weekend shoot me a pm and we will shoot over to the field and through up a plane.
    Dewey l

Comment

• I'd say this one is late May, early June at the earliest mate, after the avanti and a-10 gets out to customers is my understanding. But I've been wrong before... (only that one time in Thailand, I could have sworn it was a girl...). :)

Ive been waiting for a nice big foamy spitty for a long while now (literally years - it's one of my "must have in the hangar" birds, I can't believe it's taken this long for one of the manufacturers to step up and make one). So a few more months won't hurt I guess, though knowing it's close is getting me pretty excited. This is one plane I'll stay up to hit the preorder button on lol. ;)

Ps: awesome collection! I'm liking your style... And welcome to the squawk mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Area81Racing View Post
        When will this beautiful Spitty finally arrive? Been checking MotionRC's " Arriving Soon" page, but there is not even a product page with an E-Mail Notification for when it does arrive in stock (as Motion has done in the past with other Flightline products).

I need to round out my collection!
        From the first post:

When When When How Much How Much How Much:
        * Slated for production in late February, ETA is early April time frame

Not sure if that timeline is still correct. I know Alpha is/was just over there working on the final details of the A-10, and I'm sure the Spitty was covered as well.
        Pat

Comment

• Yes in fact due to the high demand and release points of the Avanti S and A-10, the 1600mm Spit will be next up so I wouldn't anticipate the pre-order for another several weeks or so. That's not official, just my take on it.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Area81Racing View Post
            When will this beautiful Spitty finally arrive? Been checking MotionRC's " Arriving Soon" page, but there is not even a product page with an E-Mail Notification for when it does arrive in stock (as Motion has done in the past with other Flightline products).

I need to round out my collection!
            Welcome to the Squawk Area 81, looks like quite the collection of Spitties there. I have the E Flite Spitfire and I'm wondering if you're running yours with the stock motor and ESC?

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• It's official. Jimmy Johnson will be flying my Spit IX. Graphics by Callie, of course.

The RLM needs to hurry up and deploy this bird, before air superiority is lost to the Messerschmitts and Focke Wulfs!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5183.JPG
Views:	557
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	69727 I also scored a great deal on a new DX9 to drive the Spitty!
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

• Gotta love getting that yellow envelope from Callie in the mail! :Cool:
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Yep, she does outstanding work. At the same time, I'd also ordered a set of Dolfo Galland markings for the DF 1100mm Bf-109 Emil. So, I'm set on decals. Now I just need the birds on which to apply them!

Aros, I know that you can't tell us when this Spit will be released, but maybe you can tell us when you have to have your pre-order page ready. ;)
                  I'm really, really anxious to get the this model.
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• Well I wish I could tell you but I am not even sure myself. I usually don't know when I need to start working on a product page until a week or less in advance. I would think sometime in April but I just don't know yet.
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Another great thing would be if alpha could give us some more goodies to look at while we wait. This has been the first addition that has really hit me saying its mine. Ive not got the money alot of people have but as soon as he released the pilot video i started putting back and am sitting on that now. Whether it be the projected price or 100 more. I love my Corsars first then the Spitfire and Mustage then the others fall in line. So how about it Alpha can we get some more news and goodies. :);)
                      Dewey l

Comment

• Hey Dewey, I'm with ya' on the spitfire,after the Corsair of course, but even though I have the FMS 1700mm mustang and the 2meter LX P-40 the Dauntless, the Hurricane, and the AVG era P-40 are pretty close to my heart as well. After all, before Pappy Boyington flew the mighty Corsair down the "slot" in the South Pacific for the U.S. Marines, he cut his teeth and became an Ace with the early P-40 and Gen. Claire Chenault for the AVG in China. Did I mention the LX P-40 was 2 meter?;) Just shuckin' and jiven' man ,Brad Hey look! there goes a flying pig!!!!:a10

Comment

• Obviously I'm biased here. However, as good as the HK looks the choice is clear. Even pre MRC affiliation I'd go for FLRC all day long based on size, support and reputation.

Comment

• That's how I feel as well. Sure, people could say, "Well of course you would say that, you're an employee of MRC" but first and foremost I am an RC pilot that has the addiction bad. And how you look at it Ryan is exactly how I would look at it as well. I will always side with larger the better, proven track record in regards to quality, spare part availability and customer support. Those are the reasons I am choosing this Spit as my very first ever.

And that's even before mentioning the unparalleled inside access to the transparent development and testing phase where customers can legitimately be a part of the development refining process. In all my years I have never seen that before.
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Your first spitfire. I'm excited for you. There's something wonderful and graceful about how it performs maneuvers. I'm super excited to fly this bigger one because what I enjoy about its character will be even easier to see and enjoy. Sweetest barrel rolls ever! Can't wait!

Comment

• Gotta admit, I feel the same way and I'm not an employee. I like the look of the Vb, but I like the idea of 1600 mm better. I had wondered why they made the same Mark, only upsized it, but I still would order it above the other. Now if we could only convince them that we would love an Me 109E in 1600 mm so we could do an Adolph Galland paint job, complete with the Abbeville Yellow Nose and Mickey-Mouse-with-a-cigar emblem. Heck, put in Dolpho's cigar holder he had his mechanics install inside his cockpit!!

Sorry, getting carried away!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• I'm with you guys for sure. No offense to anyone else, but given the track record for service "after the sale" and the bigger is always better factor, I'm not sure how you could arrive at anything else!! " Small planes flit and big planes fly", and HK, really? been there done that..... Fool me once...... Brad P.S. Now can someone please step up and correct me or disagree with me that doesn't know what they're talking about please? I need some more entertainment!LOL

Comment

• Can't wait for the video too Ryan. And to see it at Nefi of course.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Come on Aros gett Alpha in high gear on my Spitfire:Angry:. I think you know my choice already. Besides then he can start on Me and Brads and Your Corsair:). He can work on the Ov10 also. Sorry Charlie.
                                      I didn't forget you man.
                                      Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                        Can't wait for the video too Ryan. And to see it at Nefi of course.

Grossman56
                                        Can't wait to receive it so we can get to work. Something for everyone this spring! I'm really excited about all 3 of these new Motion RC releases! NEFI is going to be a blast!

Comment

• Can't wait to see if you call the Spitfire a Wart Hog, the Wart Hog an Avanti and the Avanti a Spitfire, then we'll know how jacked you are!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X